An internship program is one of the academic requirement analysis that students need to go through during their college years. This program is very important as it serves as the platform for students to cross over to the professional and corporate world. There are different kinds of internships that depend on various factors like the requirement documents of the academic institution where the student is currently enrolled in or the line of study that an intern practices. There are many reasons why an internship is essential for students during their final year of college or even when they have already graduated. The main purpose of an internship is to gain work experience resume in a specific field that an individual has chosen or may want to work in when he/she applies for work in the future.
Since companies entrust you to somehow be a part of the organization for an ample amount of time through an internship, it is only appropriate for you to return the favor by sending an internship thank-you letter in the different phases of your internship. Through an internship thank-you letter, you will be able to show your appreciation or gratitude for the internship opportunity that you have been given by the company or business. This article contains some useful information about internship thank-you letters. Here, you will read more information about the definition of an internship thank-you letter, the steps on how to write thank you letter , some important guidelines, as well as the purpose of creating an internship thank-you letter. We also have thank you letter samples and templates available below that you can download to help you format and outline your letter.
Post Internship Thank-You Letter
Internship Thank You Letter to Supervisor
Internship Thank You Letter in PDF
Internship Interview Thank You Letter
What Is an Internship Thank-You Letter?
An internship thank-you letter is commonly described as a document sent by an intern to a business once his/her internship is already done. However, there are different kinds of internship thank-you letters that are deemed usable even in the initial parts of the transaction. Technically, here is how an internship thank-you letter is defined.
- An internship thank-you letter is a document that interns create to send their appreciation to the business who accepted them and who has given them the chance to experience how it is like to work in the corporate world.
- An internship thank-you letter example is usually given to the employees of the company who have been a part of the internship journey of the student. This is given to showcase the emotions of an individual with regards to the support that he/she has received during the internship.
- An internship thank-you letter is sometimes given even before the internship program starts. There are various internship thank-you letters that are specifically created to thank a company for accepting an intern. This type of internship thank-you letter is typically made by the head of the college where the student intern belongs.
How to Create an Effective Internship Thank-You Letter
The content and format of your internship thank-you letter can both affect the efficiency and usability of the specified document. To create an internship thank-you letter that works, here are some steps that you may follow:
- If you are unfamiliar with the creation of an effective internship thank-you letter, the best way to start is to refer to samples and templates. This activity can help you in being knowledgeable on how an internship thank-you letter for business can be made.
- Identify the purpose of the internship thank-you letter creation. You have to be fully aware of the reason on why you would like to create the letter and to whom the letter will be given. This will help you create a content that is relevant and related to your objective or the reason why you decided to write the specified letter.
- Create a draft of the internship thank-you letter format. This can help you create an outline of the content that you will put together. Through this, you can ensure the organization of the details that you will place in the internship thank-you letter.
- Start your internship thank-you letter with a direct message of thanksgiving. This will allow the letter receiver to know what the letter is all about.
- The next paragraphs that you will create can be the platform where you will put the supporting details about your appreciation. The length of your internship thank-you letter will depend on the reasons why you are thankful for the internship or the letter receiver.
- Close your internship formal thank-you letter by repeating a message of appreciation and you can also include a few phrases that can help the letter receiver remember who you are, as well as the letter that you have given.
Internship Thank-You Letter Template
Law Clerk Internship Thank-You Letter
Student Internship Thank-You Letter
Why Is an Internship Thank-You Letter Created?
There are a variety of reasons and purposes why an internship thank-you letter is created. Being able to create an internship thank-you letter based on your objective and smart goals can help you maximize the potential of the document’s usage. Here are some of the reasons why a thank-you letter is created:
- To ensure that the company will still have a positive perception and impression of the intern even when the internship program has already ended.
- To provide contact information about how the intern feels and how he/she is truly thankful for the experience that he/she has been entrusted with.
- To remind the company about the intern which can lead to possible job offer thank you letters, especially if the intern has shown potential within the entire internship program.
- To conclude the internship experience in a good light so that there can be a continuous relationship between the student, the company, and the academic institution who sent the intern to the business.
Job Internship Thank-You Letter
Internship Acceptance Thank-You Letter
Pre-Internship Thank-You Letter
Guidelines for Developing the Content of Your Internship Thank-You Letter
Your internship thank-you letter can serve as the document that can seal the entire internship program. The content that you will put in this letter can help you be remembered by the business in a positive manner. To make sure that you will develop a highly usable content for your internship thank-you letter, listed below are some of the thank you letter guidelines that you can make use of.
- Make sure that you are knowledgeable of the dos and don’ts of internship thank-you letter creation. Being aware of what to appropriately put in this kind of letter can help you make a document that can be helpful for your future professional aspirations.
- Maintain professionalism and formality when writing the content of an internship thank-you letter. How you write this letter can be a reflection of who you are both as a person and a professional.
- If possible, use a business letter format when putting together the details of your internship thank-you letter especially in instances where you will have to send it to a higher management.
- Review and proofread the initial internship thank you-letter that you have created. Ensure that the document is error-free in terms of grammar, format, and structure so you could present yourself and your school accordingly.
- Do not hesitate to look for existing internship sample thank-you letter and templates for references. If you are creating your own internship thank-you letter, there is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from works that have already been published online. One thing that you should remember when doing this is to not plagiarize or copy the exact content of the internship thank-you letter that you referred to.
- Always be personal when developing the professional thank-you letter content. Make sure that your experiences and emotions are reflected in the letter so you can relay your appreciation in the most heartfelt way possible.
To Whom Can You Give Internship Thank-You Letters?
Since there are different ways on how an general thank-you letter can be created, there are also specific people to whom you can give the specified letter. Understanding the purpose of your letter as well as considering the person who is expected to be the recipient of your internship thank-you letter can make the document more effective. Here are some of the entities who can be the recipient of the internship thank-you letter that you will create:
- Human resource managers
- Human resource personnel and assistants
- The manager of the department where you are deployed
- Your immediate supervisor or the person to whom you directly report to
- The owner, director, or general manager of the business
- Your co-interns and other employees of the business who have played a part in your internship
An formal thank-you letter can be looked at as a simple document but it can surely create a difference with the relationship that you have with the business where you rendered internship services. If you plan to create an internship thank-you letter, make sure that you will follow the guidelines listed in this post and that you will ensure that the content of the letter is well curated and heartfelt. Additionally, should you find the need to create other types of letters, we have a collection of various letters such as thank-you letters, termination letters, recommendation letters, and resignation letters available for download on our website.
13+ Sample Advertising Proposal Letters – PDF, Word
13+ Quotation Letter Samples – PDF, Word
8+ Reference Letters for Friend – DOC, PDF
55+ Sample Appointment Letters
9+ Sample Recommendation Letters – DOC, PDF
10+ Sample Letter of Intent For University – PDF, DOC
27+ Requisition Letter Samples – PDF, DOC
10+ Sample Quotation Letters – DOC, PDF
11+ Sample Internship Acceptance Letters – PDF, DOC
45+ Sample Gift Letters – PDF, Word
13+ Sample Gift Letters – PDF, Word
10+ Thank You Letters for Donation Samples – PDF, DOC, Apple Pages
32+ Sample Appointment Letters to Download – PDF, DOC
12+ Lease Renewal Letter Templates – PDF, Word
12+ Sample Formal Request Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages