People have often struggled about what they should write in a thank-you letter. There are even times when we tend to forget to say thank you to the people who deserve it. You see, a thank-you may seem simple but they can definitely give the person you are saying to a warm feeling. Saying thank you also makes you feel satisfied and it will definitely be appreciated and be reciprocated with a warm, “You’re welcome.” Your thank-yous can be more memorable by putting them into writing. Thank-you letters are great tools for memorializing your thank-yous. It can definitely give a lasting impression on the recipient.
If you need to know a few guidelines for thank-you letters, you have come to the right website! We are here to help you with writing your thank-you letter. We even have a few thank-you letter examples for you to check out and refer to when you start writing your thank-you letter. These sample letters can help you out with what you need to writing job offer thank-you letters. There is a wide variety of thank-you letter samples for different kinds of situations so we are sure it will be easy for you to pick one that would be useful for the purpose you are writing your own thank-you letter.
Now it’s time for you to find out more about writing an awesome thank-you letter. Just keep reading this letter.
Thank You Letter After Interview
Formal Thank-You Letter
Thank You Letter for Scholarship
Donor Thank-You Letter
Scholarship Thank You Letter
Professional Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter to Business Organization
Email Business Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter Format
Thank-You Letter Template
Writing a thank-you letter does not have to be complicated. It should be succinct and straight to the point. However, it should always be personalized in order to make the recipient feel that what he/she has done is highly appreciated.
Sending your thank-you letter as soon as possible—about 24–48 hours after the favor was done—is important. This is most especially true if you are going to write a thank-you letter after job interview where hiring decisions are made fast.
In this section, we will give you a quick rundown of what a typical thank-you letter template looks like.
Let Us Start with the Heading
- Letterhead. This can either be a personal letterhead if you are writing a personal thank-you letter or a business letterhead if you are writing a business thank-you letter. This will include details such as your name, address/business address, email address, and phone number.
- Date. This pertains to the date that the letter was written. The formal format of the date should go as follows: month, date, and year.
- Contact’s Details. This will include you contact’s details such as his/her name, title, organization name (if applicable), and address.
- Salutation. The salutation goes as follows: Dear [Last Name of Contact].
The Body of the Letter
The body of the letter is typically composed of three parts: the opening paragraph, middle paragraph, and the last paragraph.
- The opening paragraph is the part of the thank-you letter where you will establish that what you are writing is most definitely a professional thank-you letter. This is also where you will be expressing your gratitude for the favor that was done by the recipient. Tell them how the favor has benefited you or will be of benefit to you.
- The middle paragraph is optional but is usually very important for thank-you letters for interview. For interview thank-you letters, this is the part where you will be selling yourself as a good candidate for the company while also incorporating the things that you have found out during the interview.
- The last paragraph is the part of your thank-you letter where you might want to elaborate on a few things regarding your reason(s) for saying thank you. Finish the letter by reiterating your thanks as this can help to make your thank-you letter more memorable than it already is.
Close Your Letter Appropriately
A closing greeting to your thank-you letter should be chosen to be appropriate with your relationship to the person you will be sending your thank-you letter to. The most appropriate closings that you can use in your letter, especially if it is a formal thank-you letter, are the following:
- Best regards
- Yours truly
- Yours sincerely
Signing your letter is also needed for your thank-you letters. Leave about 2 to 4 blank spaces after the closing and type in your name. Above your typed name is where you would affix your signature. If you will be emailing your thank-you letter, typing your name would be a good representation of your signature.
Email Thank-You Letters vs. Paper Thank-You Letters
You can send your letter in whatever platform you want to. You can send it via email or via paper either printed or handwritten. Email thank-you letters are very standard for business communications in the present. It is quick to write and can be sent with just a click of a button. It is also a great avenue of hearing back from the recipient in a prompt manner.
Traditional thank-you letters can either be handwritten, printed, informal, or formal. It should be printed in good quality paper that does not crumple easily and is flexible for both informal and formal thank-you letters.
Whether you choose to send your letter via email or if you want to personally hand it to the recipient, you should remember to stick to the correct writing style of whatever platform you choose to send your letter in. Emails can be quick but they lack the sense of personalization that paper thank-you letters may have. However, the extra step you take in drafting a paper thank-you letter will be greatly appreciated.
After Interview Thank-You Letter
Company Thank You Letter
Job Offer Acceptance Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Letter for Gift
Printable Thank-You Letter
Business Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter to Your Mentor
Business Interview Thank-You Letter
Tips for Writing Thank-You Letters
We have a few tips about some of the things you need to include in a thank-you letter. We just really want to make everything a whole lot easier for you, which is the reason why we want to share all of these with you. So here are some of the tips we would like to share with you.
- Choose whether you want to handwrite your letter, if you would want to print it out, or if you want to email the letter. Whatever platform you choose, it will never be wrong for as long as you adhere to the rules of writing a thank-you letter.
- Printed – Keep the font size of the letter between 10pt–12pt and the font style in the Serif or Sans Serif family.
- Handwritten – A handwritten letter should be used with a nice sign pen either in black or blue. Your penmanship should also be in check. Having a legible penmanship is important.
- If you are writing a personal thank-you letter, writing your letter in a stationery or colored cards can be great. However, if you are writing a formal thank-you letter, a 20lb paper would most definitely be a good choice.
- The language that you are going to use in your thank-you letter would also matter depending on the relationship that you have with the recipient. Assess what your relationship with the recipient is and choose whether you will be using a formal or casual language.
Composing the Thank-You Letter
- Express that you are grateful in a very sincere manner.
- Make the sentences short and easy to comprehend.
- Make sure to be specific about what it is you are thanking the recipient for.
- Be honest. Just stick to the facts.
We hope you learned a lot from reading our article. There are so many ways of saying thank you but a letter makes everything way better as you will be able to communicate what you want to say in detail. Brighten up someone’s day, and now it is time for you to start writing that letter! Remember to stick to the guide and tips we have shared and that you refer to the sample thank-you letters that we have to get you started.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters