Showing appreciation can be more memorable when you do it with thank-you letters. A thank-you letter is typically written when you want to go an extra mile in showing your appreciation to someone who did you a favor or has done a good deed that you benefitted from. Letters may seem outdated in this age and time but it will always be appreciated as it gives an impression that more effort went into making one.
In this very article, we would like to give you a few tips about thank-you letters. We even have a few sample thank-you letters that you can refer to in case you are having a hard time coming up with words to say. The samples are dedicated for a wide variety of situations where one can give a thank-you letter. Best of all, the samples we have for you can be downloaded at no cost! Stay tuned and learn all that you need to know about thank-you letters.
Professional Thank You Letter
Sample Thank You Letter Format
Sample Thank You Letter to Your Mentor
Thank You Letter for Scholarship
Thank You Letter after Interview
Thank-You Letter Etiquette
- Send a thank-you letter after your interview. Did you know that a hiring manager is highly likely to remember you better if you send in a thank-you letter after an interview? It gives the impression that you are dedicated and that you are highly interested in the job. Checking out a few sample thank-you letters after interview will give you a better idea about how you should go about these types of thank-you letters.
- The platform of sending. “Should I send a hard copy? Or should I send through email?” These questions are probably one of the things that may be bothering your mind about thank-you letters. Truth is, there is no right or wrong way sending your thank-you letter. However, you should match it with the situation. For example, if you are sending a job-related thank-you note, you may opt to send it via email. There are a ton of sample thank-you emails that you can refer to if you opt to send via email. However, if you are thanking someone for giving you a gift, you can reply with a handwritten thank-you letter or a printed one.
- When to send the thank-you letter? Send your letters promptly. For interview thank-you letters, it is best to send your letters within 24 hours after the encounter. This way, you are still fresh in the memory of the interviewer. For thank-you letters that are related to gifts (i.e., wedding gifts or birthday gifts), you can send your thank-you letters within a week after the event or circumstance.
How to Write Your Thank-You Letter
Saying thank you can be quite a struggle for a lot of people. They tend to blank about what to say or how to express their thanks. We are here to help you out. While calling and texting someone “Thank you!” will get the job done, nothing beats a heartfelt thank-you letter to put a smile on the face of the recipient.
How do you start with your thank-you letters?
1. Make a List.
Listing down who you are going to send your thank-you letter to will make it easier for you to remember who you need to thank. You can even refer to afew printable list templates available to make listing the names of the people you need to thank easier.
2. Follow a Basic Template
You can make use of thank-you letter templates that are basic and are easy to follow. By doing so, it will be easy for you to print out who you are going to write the letter to by simply changing the name in the greeting and changing the reason you are thanking the person for. So should you start your thank-you letter?
- Greet the person. Remember to spell out his/her name correctly. It would seem insincere if you spell out their names wrong. Besides, nobody likes getting their names misspelled, right?
- Express your thanks immediately. Start with two basic words: thank you. That is definitely the best way to start your letter. Plus, it also directly establishes that your letter is indeed a thank-you letter.
- Include specifics. Be specific with what you are thanking the recipient for. It gives an impression that you are very grateful and that you really appreciate what they have done for you.
- Look forward. Tell them that you are looking forward to meeting them again. Remember to be sincere about it.
- I can’t wait to see you at the end of summer at Aunt Stacy’s birthday bash! Wish it could come earlier.
- Reiterate your reason for being thankful. Add a few more details or state it in a different way.
- End your letter warmly. Ending it on a warm note is especially preferred if you are close with the person you are sending your thank-you letter to. However, if you are sending it for business purposes, “Sincerely” would be a safe choice.
Interview Thank You Letter
Sample Thank-You Letter
When you come to think of it, thank-you letters need not be complicated. Keeping it brief and straight to the point is the key to making your thank-you letters effective. Remember, you do not need to be fancy or flowery with your choice of words. You are not writing for an essay contest anyway. The main thing to remember is that you are able to show your appreciation and that you show your respect to the person for what they have done.
Still at a loss for words to say? You need not worry. We have our free sample thank-you letters for you to check out. Have fun writing that letter and always remember to be sincere.
FREE 11+ Sample Letter of Intent For University in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Passport Authorization Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 29+ Requisition Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 3+ Grant Proposal Cover Letter Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Employment Reference Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Leave of Absence Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 28+ Sample Employment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 65+ Guarantee Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Assignment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Immigration Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 51+ Service Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Formal Letter Formats in MS Word | PDF