In different industries and fields of expertise, your qualifications and competencies can surely be your strengths as they will allow you to be considered by different companies for the job position that you would like to have. During the first stages of work application, you need to show your prospective employers that you can provide them the deliverable that they expect from you and that you are capable of executing the job functions that are waiting for you if you will accept the employment that they are willing to offer. However, your list of skills and abilities are only most considered during the initial stages of employment. Once you are already doing your job and it has already been a routine, how you react in circumstances will mostly be seen, identified, observed, and noted.
What is deemed essential by these professional industries when it comes to their workforce is the ability of qualified individuals to also be emotionally stable, determined, and respectful. For you to remain celebrated and respected in the business where you are currently employed, you need to have the ability to show humility, passion, and other characteristics that can improve the dynamics of the team and the everyday operations of the business. During the final stages of your application and the initial stages of your employment, you can actually show these characteristics by providing your employer a job offer thank-you letter. In this article, you will find various selections of job offer thank-you letter templates and samples that you can download.
Job Offer Thank-You Letter Sample
Simple Thank-You Letter for Job Offer
Job Offer Acceptance Thank-You Letter Sample
Printable Job Offer Thank-You Letter Template
What Is a Job Offer Thank-You Letter?
A job offer thank-you letter is the document sent by an individual to his/her employer. This letter is commonly sent after a candidate has already received an offer letter from the business where he/she applied. The nature of a job offer thank-you letter are as follows:
- A job offer thank-you letter ensures the employer that the applicant has already received the work offer created by the company. This creates a platform for communication about the specified matter.
- A job offer thank-you letter does not necessarily entail that an individual should accept the job offer. Again, a job offer thank-you letter’s main purpose is to provide appreciation about the opportunity that a company is willing to give to a person.
- A job offer thank-you letter can state either the acceptance or rejection of the job. In some cases, qualified candidates ask for a particular waiting time period so they can decide accordingly on whether to be a part of the business or not.
- A job offer thank-you letter specified most of the important information about the transaction. This includes the date that the job offer has been received by the applicant, the decision of the applicant about the acceptance or rejection of the job offer, and the gratitude that an applicant would like to show to the business.
It is not really necessary to create a job offer thank-you letter if you are given a job offer letter. However, keep in mind that this letter can show how grounded you are as a person. This will allow the business to have a glimpse of your character especially when it comes to how you deal with things.
Information Commonly Seen in a Basic Job Offer Thank-You Letter
As a formal document, a job offer thank-you letter also contains the basic parts of a business letter. The information are as follows:
- The date that the job offer letter has been written
- The basic information and contact details of the letter sender
- The basic information and contact details of the letter receiver
- A formal salutation
- An ending statement or closing
- The signature of the letter sender, if necessary
Additional information that can be found in a basic job offer thank-you letter include the following:
- The job position being offered to the qualified applicant
- The name of the company where the job offer was from
- The statement of appreciation for the offer
- The date of the job offer letter received
- If available, the decision of the applicant on whether to get the job or not
- Other information that an applicant would like to state in the particular thank-you letter
These details should always be present in a job offer thank-you letter to ensure the document’s effectiveness. You need to make sure that these items are specified accordingly so you can let the business be aware of how you feel about the offer that they are giving you.
Job Offer Thank-You Letter Example
Job Offer Thank-You Letter Example in PDF
Job Offer Decline Thank-You Letter
Tips for Writing a Formal Job Offer Thank-You Letter
Even if a job offer thank-you letter may sound informal because it is a way of showing appreciation, you still need to remember that this single document can affect how you will be perceived by the management of your future employer. With this, you still need to make sure that you will maintain formality and professionalism while stating the message that you would like to deliver. Here are some tips that can help you create or write a formal job offer thank-you letter:
Always Address the Letter Receiver.
It will be best if you know the full name of the person to whom you will send the letter. In most cases, job offer thank-you letters are given to the hiring personnel or the representative of a company’s Human Resource department. If the name of your contact person is not identified or if you have forgotten to take note of it, then just provide information that the letter is meant for the Human Resource division.
Use Formal and Professional Language
Your choice of words and expressions play a vital role in providing an impression of professionalism. As much as possible, do not use a lot of jargon, informal terms, and unfamiliar words as these can defeat the purpose of the letter.
Write in a Simple and Direct Manner
You do not need to praise the business a lot or over-compliment them in an awkward manner. Keep in mind that with or without a job offer thank-you letter, the company actually wants to hire you. All you need to do is to be precise when it comes to discussing your appreciation.
Be Organized When Writing your Letter
It will help if you will use a template that can guide you on how to formally write a job offer thank-you letter. If you want to make it more personal and not rehearsed, here is a basic flow that you may follow so that organization can be seen in your letter writing:
- Specify the purpose of the letter in the first paragraph. Your initial discussion should be about the appreciation for the offer and other information about the particular offer of the company.
- Your second paragraph can state supporting details that can further exemplify your gratefulness for the work offer. If you have already decided on whether to accept the job offer or not, then you can place it here.
- Your third paragraph is your closing paragraph. Wish the company more power and successes and never forget to remind them how thankful you are for the offer being given.
- Make the tone of your letter professional yet genuine. You need to make the company feel that you are writing from the heart. Even if it is a business letter, your appreciation should be felt by the person who will read and review the letter. Do not write statements of gratitude that you are not comfortable to say even in real life as it can make the content of the letter looked forced.
Thank-You Letter for Accepting Job Offer
Thank-You Job Offer Acceptance Letter
Thank-You Letter for Acceptance of Job Offer Example
When to Send a Job Offer Thank-You Letter
There are no regulations and strict guidelines on when to send a job offer thank-you letter to your prospective employer. However, you have to be mindful of a few things if you would like to create and forward this letter to a business. Listed below are some of the things that you should consider when sending a job offer thank-you letter.
- Do not send a Job Offer Thank-you Letter Too Soon.By noon, we mean a few minutes after receiving the job offer. You need to give yourself time to decide on whether you truly want to accept the job offer or not. Rush decisions that are not well-thought of can actually lead to bad circumstances.
- Send a job offer thank-you letter whether you already have a decision or not about the job acceptance. You do not need to be pressured to respond to a job offer immediately. What is important is that you will respond to the letter given to you by the business so they will be known that you are already aware of the offer that they would like to give you. If you have been waiting for the job opportunity, then do not hesitate to confirm your willingness for employment. On the other hand, you can state a specific date where the company will be able to know your decision regarding this matter.
- Send a job offer thank-you letter within 24 hours from the job offer receipt. Your ability to respond to the job offer letter can provide a glimpse of how you respond to work processes and requirements. Most companies send an email or text message to ask for updates if you have not replied for a long period of time. Make sure that you will respond within 24 hours so that the business will be notified about your interest for the position.
Should You Consider Sending a Job Offer Thank-You Letter?
If you have received a job offer, you have the full authority on whether to send a job offer thank-you letter or not. When deciding if you will send this kind of letter, do not think that you are making ways on how to be closer to the management at such an early time. Job offer thank-you letters are created to show professionalism and not as a way to do under-the-table transactions. It is highly recommended for you to send this letter as only a few qualified applicants are actually doing it. This can make your employment more memorable in the part of the hiring personnel. More so, this can showcase your respect toward the time that the business is allotting to contact applicants who they would like to be a part of the company.
Whether you would like to start your employment right, to decline an offer but still be in good light to a business, or to ask for a short period of time for you to decide about the job offer, it will work to your advantage if you will use a job offer thank-you letter. Additionally, other than the job offer thank-you letters available on this page, we also have other types of letters that you can download on our website such as a formal resignation letter, recommendation letter, scholarship application letter, and so on.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates