What is an action plan? An action plan is a strategy or a proposed course of action that is taken to ensure that the specific goals and objectives are achieved or accomplished. The steps or the activities that must be performed in an action plan must be provided in chronological order and in a very detailed manner.
An action plan is one of the many plans that are being used by a lot of people today because of its effectiveness. We have here action plan templates that you can be downloaded for free. You may use these templates as guide or as your own action plan template. We will also talk about the uses of an action plan template, what is included in it, why they are important and many more!
Action Plan Template
Health Service Action Plan Template
Business Action Plan Template
Action Items Template
Corrective Action Plan Summary
Uses of an Action Plan
An action plan template is unique to the person or individual who uses them. With that being said, no one action plan is the same because different people or individuals have their own different needs and goals in life. Some examples of the uses of an action plan are as follows.
- Planning for what to do. A very obvious use of an action plan is planning for the things that you must do. You can do a particular things without an action plan but its success cannot be guaranteed. With an action plan, you are sure of what you must do and how you will do it.
- Creation of steps or actions to be taken. Through an action plan, you can thoroughly consider the series of steps that are necessary for the plan to be carried out or implemented and provide the desired results.
- Plan organization or task organization. You can easily organize a plan or tasks with the use of an action plan. This is done by identifying that something that you want to do.
- Prioritization of tasks. Because you have a plan, you will be able to identify which tasks are part of your top priorities and which ones can be done at a later time.
- Goal setting. An action plan is goal oriented and it is used to set specific goals and objectives that are related to the thing that you are planning to do or put into action.
- Implementation. Planning for how the plan will be carried out is one of the tasks included in an action plan. This allows for an organized implementation.
- Commitment and undivided focus on goals and objectives. With an action plan, you can focus on your goals ans objectives and be committed to the plan that you have created. This way you can get things done and your action plan carried out as expected.
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses. With an action plan, you not only think of what you need to do and the tasks associated with it. You also need to take into consideration your capabilities and skills if they are enough to carry out your action plan or if you need extra help.
What Is Included in an Action Plan?
What must you include in an action plan? We have here a list of some of the things that you can commonly find in an action plan and its templates.
- A heading or title which indicates that the document is an action plan and is used for such reason.
- The goals statement with the set of goals and objectives that one wants to accomplish using the action plan.
- A detailed description of the plan.
- The series of tasks or activities in correct order that needs to be carried out in order for accomplish the identified goals and objectives.
- The individuals, group pf people, department or entities involved or responsible for carrying out specific tasks or activities.
- The start and end date or the duration of time provided to accomplish a goal or objective.
- The resources, materials or equipment required for the plan. This includes the number of people or staff needed, the technology, and other related resources.
- The desired outcome for the specific goal statement.
- A part or area where notes can be added if additional information needs to be entered or written.
There could be more or less items in action plan and this depends on what the action plan is intended for. Sales action plans include items, like customer segment targets, leading prospects and key team members to name a few. Project action plans include a description of the project and an employee action plan includes the name of the employee, their supervisors and managers and their problem areas. You may check out different action plan templates on our website.
Why Are Action Plans Important?
There are several reasons why an action plan is important and we are about to find that out here. Action plans have been used by a lot of people and has proven itself effective, but that doesn’t means that you should jump right in. It is a must that you first know the reasons why it is considered important.
- It helps bring people together. Working in a team or group means helping each other every step of the way. When creating an action plan, people working in different fields and specialties come together to provide their output or ideas about how to make the plan work and how to best have it implemented. That is how it is able to bring people together.
- Allows one to reflect on things. Part of creating an action plan is looking back on the things that has been done before, the steps or actions that brought about success, as well as the steps or actions that were useless or led to failure.
- Clarification of goals and objectives. When people come together to create an action plan, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they agree with the same goals and objectives for the plan. They each will have their own ideas and opinions about the goals and objectives that they think will make the plan a success. What an action plan actually does is that it makes things clear as to what changes or specific actions are needed which will then tell the appropriate goals and objectives of the plan.
- Creates ownership and accountability. An action plan that is created by a group of people is more likely formed and completed with the contribution or suggestions of different individuals within that group. Everyone who is involved will feel a sense of commitment to it. Those who were assigned with specific tasks will be responsible for reporting any progress.
- Helps measure success. Small steps are taken to help accomplish larger goals and objectives. This is often done in an action plan by breaking down large goals and objectives into smaller ones.
Action Items Tracking Template
Performance Management Action Plan Template
Corrective Action Plan Template
Sustainable Energy Action Plan Template
Business and Marketing Action Plan Template
Tips in Writing Better Action Plans
The following are tips that will help you write better action plans.
- Determine the thing that you must do. Starting an action plan without really knowing what you must do is like planning for nothing. You must first know what it is that you need to do in order for you to start setting goals and objectives, plan for what steps to take and have them implemented.
- Decide on your goals and objectives. Being clear about the goals and objectives of your action plan will help you determine the tasks or activities needed to achieve or accomplish them.
- Gather ideas and opinions from different people. Work with experts and with people whom you know are knowledgeable about what you want to happen. These ideas will be useful in making the series of steps to carry out the action plan.
- Reflect or look back on previously taken steps. A plan that has been successful before can still be used as a basis of your current planning. Previously taken steps can be reviewed and further improved to create to a whole new plan which is better than it was before.
- Be specific and time conscious. Always remember to be specific with all of the details in your action plan. A start date and an expected due date should be set so that no time is wasted in the planning and implementation process.
- Treat every accomplishment or success as something important. Success is not measured by how small or big it is. Thinking this way will help you realize that you are drawing near to accomplishing your goals and will motivate you to work even harder.
- Use simple and familiar language. Using a language and words that is easy to understand and comprehend will prevent any misunderstanding and unwanted confusion in your action plan.
- Use free and available action plan templates. And to make your task easy, convenient and effective, just use action plan templates or ready-made templates that you can find online for free. There are a lot of varieties that you can choose from to ensure that you can find what you really need.
Action plans are indeed useful. If you are looking for more action plan samples and templates or a place to be able to download them for free, then feel free to check out our website. A few examples of the articles we offer are Sample Affirmative Action Plan Templates, Sample 30 60 90 Day Action Plan Templates, and Sample Emergency Action Plan Templates.
13 Corrective Action Plan Templates to Download for Free Sample ...
11+ Sample Emergency Action Plan Templates Sample Templates
38+ Examples of Action Plan Sample Templates
6+ Sample Business Action Plans Sample Templates
10+ Sample Action Plans Sample Templates
9+ Sammple Affirmative Action Plan Templates Sample Templates
7+ Sample Marketing Action Plans Sample Templates
9+ Asthma Action Plan Samples Sample Templates
12+ Sample Employee Action Plan Templates Sample Templates
10+ Sample Strategic Action Plans Sample Templates
8+ Affirmative Action Plan Samples Sample Templates
8+ Sample Emergency Action Plans Sample Templates
9+ Sample Asthma Action Plan Sample Templates
8 Sales Action Plan Templates to Download Sample Templates
9+ Emergency Action Plan Samples Sample Templates