When someone does you a favor or gives you something, it is important to show them that you appreciate what they have done. You can personally thank them. However, when circumstances prevent you from doing so, you can thank them through a letter. Letters can convey your gratitude as much as a verbal conversation can.
When looking for thank-you letters to send to other people, browse through our sample letters below. These letters are made in the proper letter format so you won’t have to worry about it. They are also specially made to show how much you appreciate their kind act. Take a look at our samples below.
Formal Thank You Letter Formats
Formal Personal Thank You Letter
Business Thank You Letter Formats
Standard Business Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter Format for Business Meeting
Personal Thank You Letter Format
Personal Thank You Letter to Friend
Job Interview Thank You Letter Formats
Email Job Interview Thank You Letter
Sample Job Interview Thank You Letter
Email Thank You Letter Formats
Email Thank You Letter after Interview
Email Thank You Letter Format
The Importance of Thank-You Letters
It is a norm that when we are given something or when someone does a favor for us, we always say thank you. This is basic courtesy. You do not want to be seen as rude or ungrateful. For a more formal way of saying thank you, you can put it into writing through a thank-you letter. You can say thank you to someone for a lot of reasons. Lucky for you, we got it covered as we have samples for a number of different situations. Check out our sample thank-you letters to teacher, thank-you letter after interview, etc. Whatever the situation is, you would always need to express gratitude to the people who have affected you in any way. Below are some important uses of thank-you letters.
- Thank-you letters help strengthen relationship with others. Rapport is easily built when you express your gratitude to someone. Through saying thank you, you strengthen the bond between you and the other person. Thank-you letters are a more personal way of saying your appreciation, so it shows how much you value your relationship with them.
- Thank-you letters show your empathy. Empathy is an attitude where you can identify with the feelings of others. By giving a thank-you letter, you show the other person that you are empathetic. This further shows that you care about their feelings and that their views are also important.
- Thank-you letters are common courtesy. By this time, you would think that people understand that it is common courtesy to say “Thank you.” However, with the way things are happening these days, one could even conclude that expressing gratitude is a lost art. More and more people are foregoing this simple act of courtesy.
- Thank-you letters are good for the brain. Saying thank you is actually good for the brain. When you express your gratitude, the feeling of being thankful is still present in the brain even after several months. Having a thankful attitude provides some good psychological benefits to your overall well-being.
Handwritten, Typed, or Emailed Thank-You Letters?
When writing a thank-you letter, you are often faced with a variety of options on how to do it. You can either write a handwritten letter, a typed thank-you letter, or an emailed thank-you letter. Each way of writing a thank-you letter has an appropriate situation when they will be used. For example, when writing to a friend that gave you a gift, it may be better if you handwrite the letter. This gives a more personal feel, appropriate to the personal relationship that you have.
In the same way, when given an interview at a software company, you might consider sending an emailed thank-you letter to fit with the technological nature of the work you are applying at. However way you want to write your thank-you letter, our samples provide a useful guide in your writing.
Official Thank You Letter Formats
Sample Official Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter Format Examples
Scholarship Thank You Letter Example
Business Thank You Letter
Thank You Letter Formats after Interview
Professional Thank You Letter after Interview
Email Thank You Letter after Interview
Thank You Letters for Scholarship
College Scholarship Thank You Letter Format
Sample Scholarship Thank You Letter
Thank You Cover Letter Formats
Thank You Cover Letter for Job Interview
Sample Thank You Cover Letter
The Thank-You Letter Format
Thank-you letters can be written in a variety of ways. When you are sending a casual thank-you letter to, say, a friend who took care of the bill while you were both out for dinner, then you can be casual in your approach to writing. However, when writing a thank-you letter to a company for the chance they gave to interview you, then you would need to be professional in writing the letter. When writing a thank-you letter, you would need to follow the formal letter format.
All the usual details you would see in a business letter should also be present in a thank-you letter. This means that the heading consisting of the return address and the date should be there. In the salutation, it would help if you personally address the person you are thanking. You would also need to provide the correct title (e.g., Mr., Mrs., Dr., Atty., etc.). For the body of the letter, three to four paragraphs are usually enough to effectively convey your gratitude to the other person. Make sure that you provide an appropriate complimentary close and then provide a space for your name and signature.
Make sure that you use a clean paper for your letter. It could be a handwritten or typed thank-you letter but make sure that the paper is clean and of high quality. The letter needs to be concise. One page is enough for a thank-you letter. Be sure to also proofread the thank-you letter numerous times to make sure that there are no errors in spelling and grammar. Proper spacing should be observed when writing the letter. For the body, single-space is often the way of doing it, and double-space in between paragraphs. Proper formatting needs to be observed in writing the letter. They are important letters, so proper letter format needs to be followed.
Using Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates
We provide samples and templates that you can use as guide in writing your own letter. We make sure that our samples and templates are made with their purpose in mind. Our thank-you letter samples for instance are sure to effectively achieve the goal of sending your deep gratitude and appreciation to the person you are sending it to. When writing one, they greatly save your time by having readily available and easily customizable samples that you can use.
The samples that we provide serve as useful guides in your own writing. By looking at our sample thank-you letters, you can easily decide what contents you need to put in your letter. They are a perfect tool to draw inspiration from. They also come in the right format so you don’t have to worry about formatting. The templates and samples that we have here help you in making the perfect layout for your thank-you letter. When using these samples, all you have to do is edit the message found in it to fit your needs.
Thank You Letter Format for Students
Thank You Letter for Students from Teacher
Thank You Letter for Student Volunteers
General Thank You Letters
General Thank You Letter for Interview
General Thank You Letter for Donation
Informal Thank You Letter Formats
Informal Thank You Letter to Boss
Reference Thank You Letters
Phone Reference Thank You Letter
Job Reference Thank You Letter
Volunteer Thank You Letter Formats
Event Volunteer Thank You Letter
School Volunteer Thank You Letter
How to Write a Thank-You Letter
Thank-you letters need to be written carefully so that your message is not misunderstood. In written communication especially, certain things often get lost in translation. For the thank-you letter to effectively do its purpose, which is to extend your gratitude and appreciation to the other person, it helps if you really do feel that way so that words flow freely and you are able to convey the message. Below are the steps you need to follow when writing a thank-you letter.
- Write your salutation. In writing the salutation, you would need to personally address the person you are thanking. You also need to provide their correct title. For the most part, the usual “Dear (person’s name)” will do.
- Write the first paragraph. The first paragraph is the part where you let them know why you are writing the letter—to thank them. Therefore, you need to go directly to that point. Thank the person right away and explain what you are thankful for.
- Write the second paragraph. The second paragraph is usually the place where you would express why the gift is important or why what they did matters to you. Tell them how much you appreciate what they did. No matter how trivial you may think the act or gift is, it is important that you take note of the effort that was exerted by the other person.
- Wrap things up in the third paragraph. Now that you have expressed how thankful you are to the other person, it is now time to also show that you care for them. Ask them questions about how they are doing. As a closing note, be sure to thank them again and that you look forward to meeting them and saying thanks personally.
- Close the letter and sign it. For a complimentary close, you can never go wrong with the usual “Sincerely yours,” but for close personal relations, you can be as creative in your closing salutations as you can (e.g., “Much Love,” “All My Love,” etc.). Don’t forget to sign the letter.
You can never underestimate the power of a simple thank-you letter. The person reading it would feel appreciated and the person sending the letter would feel lighter just with the act of paying gratitude. We provide you sample thank-you letters that effectively do their job and are in the right format. Never worry about writing letters again and check out our samples.
FREE 8+ Price Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Baby Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Pareto Chart Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word
FREE 40+ Chart Templates in PDF | Excel | MS Word
How to Organize Chart Examples [ How to Organize, Tips to Organize ]
How Do You Create a Chart Templates in MS Word? [ How to Create, Ways & Tips to Create ]
What Are the Types of Charts? [ Basic Charts, How to Choose, Uses of Charts ]
FREE 11+ Behavior Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word
What Is a Pie Chart? [ How to Use, Tips for Creating ]
What Is a Flowchart? [ Types, How to Create, Difference ]
What Does a Gantt Chart Show? [ Definition, Purpose, Types, Advantages and Disadvantages ]
FREE 10+ Measurement Charts in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Size Charts in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Size Chart Templates in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 10+ Growth Chart Templates in PDF | MS Word