In the course of our lives, there are individuals or organizations who/which have helped us grow, learn, or achieve something. It is only proper to reach out to these entities and let them know how much you have appreciated what they have done for you.You may also see professional thank you letters
Whether you are thanking your previous professor, your employer, or even a dear loyal friend, you need to be equipped with sufficient knowledge of the proper format and content of the appreciation letter you are writing. For your convenience, we have collected a variety of appreciation letters that you may download easily. These templates can enlighten you with the essential parts of an appreciation letter. Download our templates so you can use these as your guide.
Employee Appreciation Letters in PDF
Employee Perfect Attendance Letter
Sample Letter to Appreciate Employee of the Month
Customer Appreciation Letters
Letter for Customer Service
What Is an Appreciation Letter?
An appreciation letter is also known as a thank-you letter or a letter of thanks. This letter is written in order to express one’s gratitude toward someone.
There are two basic types of appreciation letters and those are the following:
1. Professional Appreciation Letters
A professional appreciation letter is a thank-you letter sent in the business or professional setting. The following are examples of instances when professional appreciation letters are written:
- It is written by an employee who wants to thank his/her employer for a job promotion or a raise.
- It is written by a resigning employee to express his/her gratefulness toward his/her employer or company for the opportunities for growth that were afforded to him/her.You may also see promotion letters.
- It is written by an employer to thank an employee for a commendable work performance.
- It is written by a job applicant to a hiring manager after a job interview in order to thank said manager for his/her time, effort, and consideration.You may also see award thank you letters.
2. Personal Appreciation Letters
A personal appreciation letter is a thank-you letter that is written for personal reasons. The following are examples of instances when this type of thank-you letter is written:
- It is written by a person who wants to show his/her appreciation for his/her friend’s advises, loyalty, care, and affection.You may also see thank you letters to professor
- It is written by a party organizer to thank his/her party attendees for their presence.
- It is written by a student in order to thank his/her professor.
Letter for Customer Loyalty
Teacher Appreciation Letters
Appreciation Format to Teacher from Principal
Sample Letter for Teacher from Parents
Thank You Appreciation Letters
Sample Format for Thank You Letter
Internship Appreciation Letters
Appreciation to Internship Student
Internship Letter from Company
Sample Format for Internship Appreciation
What to Include in a Teacher Appreciation Letter
If you are fortunate enough to have been mentored by an inspiring professor, then it wouldn’t hurt you to show them how much you have appreciated their teachings. The following are the information that should be included in a teacher appreciation letter:
1. Mention the specific teachings that has helped mold you into the successful individual that you are now.
2. Thank them for the personal approach they have utilized in teaching.You may also see thank you letter formats
3. Wish them more success and inspiration in their endeavors.
Tips in Writing Appreciation Letters
Here are some tips for your letter-writing:
1. As much as possible, write a letter that does not exceed one page.
2. Always show genuineness in your appreciation. It would be pointless to thank them for things that are nonexistent or for actions that you have not benefited from or thankful for.You may also see award thank you letters.
3. Gauge the readiness of your letter-recipient. No matter how much you want to express your thanks, your letter-recipient’s readiness to read such a letter must also be put into consideration.You may also see customer thank you letters.
4. Research the basic information of your letter-recipient such as his/her current place of employment, home address, and contact information.You may also see sponsor thank you letters.
If you want to learn more about the structure of appreciation letters, refer to our collection of appreciation letters. Simply click on the link provided.You may also see thank-you letter to recruiter
Business Appreciation Letters
Business Partner Appreciation
Business Meeting Letter Format
Letter for Business Visit Appreciation
Format for Business Relationship
Achievement Appreciation Letters
Letter for Target Achievement
Appreciation for Team Achievement
Employee Achievement Letter
Church Appreciation Letters
Appreciation for Church Staff
Appreciation for Church Services
Sample Format for Church Anniversary Appreciation
Donation Appreciation Letters
Letter for Blood Donation
Appreciation for Food Donation
Appreciation for Books Donation
What Is a Letter of Appreciation to Boss?
A letter of appreciation to boss is a thank-you letter that is written by an employee to his/her employer or direct manager. A lot of employees overlook the fact that their bosses are humans too. Just because you are in a professional setting, it doesn’t mean that a margin of appreciation cannot be extended to your employers when it is due. In fact, sending a thank-you letter to your boss can strengthen your bond with him/her.You may also see scholarship thank you letters
How to Write an Appreciation Letter to a Friend?
The following are some guidelines that you can follow should you decide to write an appreciation letter:
1. Observe proper format of writing formal letters.
2. Start by writing your information and the information of your letter-recipient on the letterhead.
3. Then write a formal salutation.
4. Start the body of your letter by stating that the purpose of your letter is to express your appreciation toward your letter-recipient.You may also see thank you letters to boss
5. Indicate the specific actions or words that you are particularly grateful for.
6. You can also include a sentence stating how much you look forward to continuing interacting with him/her.You may also see recruiter thank-you letters
7. After the body of your letter, close your letter formally with a polite remark.
Aside from the appreciation letters we have on this page, you might also be interested in our collections of Thank-You Letters for Appreciation and Appreciation Letters Format. Access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
Driver Appreciation Letters
Truck Driver Letter
Appreciation to the School Bus Drivers
Sample Format for Driver Appreciation
Volunteer Appreciation Letters
Appreciation for Church Volunteer
Appreciation for School Volunteers
Sample Format for Community Volunteer
Hospital Volunteer Letter
Vendor Appreciation Letters
Business Appreciation to Vendor Service
Customer Appreciation to Vendor
Work Appreciation Letters
Letter for Work Experience
Appreciation for Work Completion before Deadline
Appreciation Format for Work Performance
Award Appreciation Letters
Safety Award of Excellence
Gift Appreciation Letters
Appreciation for Wedding Gift
Thank You Letter for Money Gift
Letter for Christmas Gift
Performance Appreciation Letters
Appreciation for Supplier Performance
Employee Best Performance Letter
Job Appreciation Letters
Letter for Job Interview
Some Tips in Writing an Appreciation Letter
Here are some tips that you should observe to ensure that you are writing the appropriate content:
1. Be genuine
Appreciation should not be given if it is not truly felt. That’s why the very root of your appreciation letter should be a solid and genuine one. Your words of thanks should come from a well of genuine thankfulness and not an artificial one.You may also see donation thank you letters.
No matter how professional your relationship is with the person you are thanking, always add a personalized touch to your letter.You may also see internship thank you letters
3. Be brief and concise
While it is good to specify actions or words that you are thankful for, never overdo it. Make sure your letter won’t exceed two pages.You may also see sponsorship thank-you letters
For more reference, check out our collection of Sample Thank-You Letters.
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF
9+ Sample Physician Letter of Recommendation – Word, PDF
8+ Sample Resignation Letters for Personal Reasons – DOC, PDF
10+ Letters of Intent to Purchase Property – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Thank You Letters to Teacher – PDF, Doc, Apple Pages
10+ Printable Thank You Letters to Teacher
11+ Sample Teacher Thank-You Letters
9+ Sample Product Proposal Letters – Word, PDF