Saying “Thank you” comes in many forms. You can say your thanks in person, via email, via text messaging, and thru letters. But out of all the methods of how you can express your sincerest gratitude toward a person, nothing beats the classic thank-you letters. You can use them for both business and personal means of saying thank you. But how important are thank-you letters?
You are in luck as we will be giving you a few reasons as to why these letters are deemed to be important. Moreover, we will be attaching different kinds of thank-you letter samples for you to use as reference. These samples are dedicated for a wide variety of situations to give you a better perspective of how thank-you letters look like for different kinds of circumstances such as thanking a person for a gift, thanking an employer for an interview, thanking sponsors for their generous donations, as well as the basic format and templates for these letters. Keep on reading to discover more about thank-you letters.
Printable Thank-You Gift Letter Example
Free Thank-You Letter for Gift Template
Downloadable Gift Thank-You Letter in PDF
Thank-You Letter Example Format
Free Sample Thank You Letter Format
Sample Thank-You Letter in PDF
Professional Thank You Letter Example in PDF
Free Business Thank You Letter Format to Download
Printable Email Business Thank You Letter
Business Meeting Thank You Letter in PDF
Downloadable Business Partnership Thank-You Letter
Thank You Letter Template for Corporate Partners for Free
How Important Are Thank-You Letters?
One may not think much about thank-you letters because they will think that saying “thank you” in person is already enough. While it may not be wrong to actually express your thanks in person, saying it in a letter will absolutely make you more memorable especially if you are doing it for job search purposes. Why? Let us give you a few reasons.
- It is another chance for you to express your enthusiasm for the job. You will be able to remind the interviewer or the employer just how much of a good fit you are for the available job. It is a good way of being able to present yourself in a tangible way.
- It is a chance for you to answer what you missed out on. During the interview, there may have been a few questions where you were not able to express your answers clearly. This is your chance to redeem yourself and answer the questions you think you may have missed to answer.
- It is your chance to let the employer know what the interview meant to you. Not everyone who applies for the job gets the chance to be met for an interview. If you have been chosen to be interviewed, then they have invested an interest in you. This is a good opportunity for you to let the employer know that you were looking forward to the interview and let them know how much it meant to you.
- It will give the employer an impression of professionalism. It will let the employer know just how much you value communication. Through your thank-you letter after an interview, they will also be able to assess if you are going to be a good fit for the company and if you can represent the company in a way that they would want to be represented.
- It is the best opportunity for you to reiterate your skills. By reiterating your skills, you will be able to subtly remind the employer about what makes you the best person for the available position.
- It is a chance for you to clarify on a few things that you may not fully understand. There might have been a few things you did not think about until after the interview. Any clarifications or afterthoughts you may have, you can definitely include in your post-interview thank-you letter.
These are just some of the few good reasons for writing a thank-you letter and this only even covers thank-you letters for interviews. There are more reasons why you should write thank-you letters. But why is really that important? Did you ask for the gift? Were you expecting something in return? Does it really have to be a letter?
In this world where communication is as instant as typing a few letters and hitting the send button, people often tend to overlook that little gestures do matter. That simple effort you put into writing that thank-you note is already a gift in itself. The simplest reason we could give you as to why writing these letters is vital is because you just simply want to return the favor. After all, one good deed done deserves something good in return.
Sending Your Thank-You Letters
There are a lot of ways to send your thank-you letters. The most common would be through email and direct mail. What method is best?
Honestly, it does not matter. However, if you really want to go the extra step, a handwritten note handed in person is best especially if it is for someone close to you. It shows that you care so much you had to do it in person. For business thank-you letters, on the other hand, sending your thank-you letters via email is probably best as employers have the tendency to be very busy and you want to get that thank-you letter within 24–48 hours after your interaction.
Remember that no matter what platform you use to send your thank-you letters, it will be best to always be sincere when you start writing your letter. Sincerity is more important than the method you used to send your letter to.
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Sample
Free Sample Thank-You Letter for Scholarship
Printable Thank You Letter to Scholarship Donor
Sample Scholarship Thank-You Letter Template
Format for a Scholarship Thank-You Letter to Download
After Interview Sample Letter Template
Free Sample Interview Thank-You Letter
Sample Thank-You Letter for a Job Interview in PDF
Remember to thank the people who matter the most in your life or the people who have made a big difference and helped you move forward. Also remember to be generous and be sincere with expressing your thanks and always write one for each of the person who you want to say thank you to. So what are you thankful for?
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters