An old-fashioned thank-you letter may not be as trending as it may have been in the earlier years, but it still proves to be an effective one. During a job search, writing a thank-you letter after an interview will increase your chances of getting considered for a job. Giving a thank-you letter for gifts you have received is also a good means of retaining relationships and actually showing the person who gave you the gift that you appreciate the gesture they have done for you.
Thank-you letters should not be that difficult to write. However, some people might still be confused about writing such letters. That’s okay! We are here to help you out. If you are confused about how to write a thank-you letter, when to send a thank-you letter, and other questions you might have about thank-you letters in general, then you better keep reading!
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Format
Thank You Letter after Interview
Sample Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Letter Example Format
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Sample
Tips for a Great and Successful Thank-You Letter
- Always send one. If you are writing a thank-you job letter, make sure you send one to each of the interviewers who interviewed you. If you have been sent a gift for whatever occasion there may be, you should also give each person who gave you a gift a short and simple handwritten thank-you note. The main point here is to always say thank-you to the people who deserve it.
- Think about the format. Obviously, if you are going to send a business thank-you letter or a thank-you letter to a recruiter, make use of a business-style writing and make use of a proper business letter format. However, if you are writing a thank-you letter for a close friend or a family member, a handwritten thank-you note written with a nice pen would suffice.
- Send your thank-you letters promptly. Make sure you send your thank-you letters within the 24 hours after the interview, for those who are writing a thank-you letter after an interview. If you are expressing your thanks for a gift given or a favor done, giving a thank-you letter within the week after the circumstance is a good window. Just keep in mind that the sooner you send your thank-you letters, the greater the impact it will have to your recipients.
- Limit your thank-you letter to one page only. Despite giving the details as to why you are thankful and how the favor or interview made an impact on you, always remember to keep it brief. Do not be too dramatic with your letters.
- Thoroughly review your letter. You might have made a few mistakes and that’s okay. Just make sure you go over your letters several times and make all the necessary edits to it. Ask someone for help if needed.
Business Ad Thank-You Letter
Scholarship Thank-You Letter
Thank You Letter Template for Corporate Partners
Thank-You Letter for Donation
Example Thank You Letter to Business Organization
Saying thank you is already greatly appreciated, what more the letters where you poured your heartfelt and sincere message for the recipient. In the time and age where the Internet has become a part of the daily lives of almost everyone, saying thank you has become easier through a variety of online messaging platforms available. There may be nothing wrong with expressing your gratitude through these online messengers, but traditional thank-you letters and notes give an impression that you truly appreciate what the recipient has done for you.
However, it all depends on your discretion how you would want to say your thanks. Just remember that saying thank you will always be better than not expressing gratitude at all.
Make sure you check out the sample letters and follow the simple steps we have to help you craft that thank-you letter a whole lot easier.
FREE 11+ Sample Letter of Intent For University in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Passport Authorization Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 29+ Requisition Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 3+ Grant Proposal Cover Letter Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Employment Reference Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Leave of Absence Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 28+ Sample Employment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 65+ Guarantee Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 9+ Sample Assignment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Immigration Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 51+ Service Letter Formats in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Formal Letter Formats in MS Word | PDF