If you are a teacher who is looking to leave your teacher post soon, it is probably time for you to start drafting your resignation letter. It is also probably deemed as a good idea to let your co-teacher, parents, and students know about your plans for leaving. There are a couple of Letter Examples that you can use once you have started writing your own.
The sample resignation letters we have for you are pre-drafted to ensure that your choice of words will be on point and will not be offensive. Come and check out all of the samples we have below. Just keep scrolling!
Sample Teaching Resignation
Resignation Letter for School Teacher
Daycare Teacher Resignation
Tips, Tricks, and Formats
Just like any other job in other industries, regardless of the reasons why you want to leave your teaching post, it will always be good practice to hand a Resignation Letter to the school’s administration. Always remember that your resignation letter should be positive in tone and upbeat. It should also be brief, concise, and professional.
Remember to write your Job Resignation Letter with utmost care as you do not want to offend anyone in the administration and academe. You want to avoid being offensive as this could hurt your chances for a future career as you might need your previous employers’ recommendation.
To ensure that your resignation letter is effective enough and will be seen as a formal documentation of the process, you should be able to format it effectively.
- The opening of your letter should start with a greeting. This will include the name of the principal or school superintendent. Be direct and announce your resignation immediately.
- The body of your letter should enumerate all the positive things you have learned by handling the students in the school.
- The conclusion should be a brief expression of your gratitude to the school for giving you an opportunity to share your knowledge with the school.
Teaching Post Resignation Format
Resignation by High School Teacher
In Writing Your Resignation Letter, Avoid…
- Criticizing the school, the environment, the students, the salary, and whatnot if you consider them to be unpleasant or if you have experienced bad stuff from these factors. If you are to give criticisms, make sure they are constructive in nature.
- Oversharing details about your personal life and choices regarding your career but politeness must remain.
- Negative statements like insults to any colleague or anything that is related to the school (management, policies, incompetence, etc.). The purpose of your letter is to maintain good relations with the administration, especially if this letter is only sent as a Temporary Resignation Letter.
- Being ungrateful. Employers generally like it when they are told that they have done an excellent job at taking care of their employees. A simple thank-you for being allowed to teach in the school will suffice.
The sample letters we have in this article will be a great guide to writing your very own resignation letter, whether it be a Retirement Resignation Letters or temporary resignation. These samples can be easily edited as they are in Word Document file format. Writing a good resignation letter will help you out in keeping a positive relationship with the school administration should you ever pursue another teaching career.
FREE 27+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample Immigration Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Commitment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Financial Aid Appeal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 5+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Court Character Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages