If you are a teacher who is looking to leave your teacher post soon, it is probably time for you to start drafting your resignation letter. It is also probably deemed as a good idea to let your co-teacher, parents, and students know about your plans for leaving. There are a couple of Letter Examples that you can use once you have started writing your own.
The sample resignation letters we have for you are pre-drafted to ensure that your choice of words will be on point and will not be offensive. Come and check out all of the samples we have below. Just keep scrolling!
Sample Teaching Resignation
Resignation Letter for School Teacher
Daycare Teacher Resignation
Tips, Tricks, and Formats
Just like any other job in other industries, regardless of the reasons why you want to leave your teaching post, it will always be good practice to hand a Resignation Letter to the school’s administration. Always remember that your resignation letter should be positive in tone and upbeat. It should also be brief, concise, and professional.
Remember to write your Job Resignation Letter with utmost care as you do not want to offend anyone in the administration and academe. You want to avoid being offensive as this could hurt your chances for a future career as you might need your previous employers’ recommendation.
To ensure that your resignation letter is effective enough and will be seen as a formal documentation of the process, you should be able to format it effectively.
- The opening of your letter should start with a greeting. This will include the name of the principal or school superintendent. Be direct and announce your resignation immediately.
- The body of your letter should enumerate all the positive things you have learned by handling the students in the school.
- The conclusion should be a brief expression of your gratitude to the school for giving you an opportunity to share your knowledge with the school.
Teaching Post Resignation Format
Resignation by High School Teacher
In Writing Your Resignation Letter, Avoid…
- Criticizing the school, the environment, the students, the salary, and whatnot if you consider them to be unpleasant or if you have experienced bad stuff from these factors. If you are to give criticisms, make sure they are constructive in nature.
- Oversharing details about your personal life and choices regarding your career but politeness must remain.
- Negative statements like insults to any colleague or anything that is related to the school (management, policies, incompetence, etc.). The purpose of your letter is to maintain good relations with the administration, especially if this letter is only sent as a Temporary Resignation Letter.
- Being ungrateful. Employers generally like it when they are told that they have done an excellent job at taking care of their employees. A simple thank-you for being allowed to teach in the school will suffice.
The sample letters we have in this article will be a great guide to writing your very own resignation letter, whether it be a Retirement Resignation Letters or temporary resignation. These samples can be easily edited as they are in Word Document file format. Writing a good resignation letter will help you out in keeping a positive relationship with the school administration should you ever pursue another teaching career.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters