A temporary resignation letter is usually handed out by employees who intend to temporarily remove themselves from the company’s list of employees due to some reason with the intent of returning to the said job position. This letter is also handed out by employees who are working for a temporary position and intends to leave the said temporary position.
If you are either of the abovementioned, then you must ensure that you maintain a positive relationship with your temporary employer/employer-company by submitting a formal notice of your intent to resign. If you have no idea how to correctly craft one, you may refer from our collection of temporary resignation Sample Letters, which are available for free download. These template are in PDF and Word formats, thus making it easier for you to access and view these on your laptops or smartphones.
Temporary Resignation Letter Sample
Temporary Employee Resignation Letter
When Can You Hand Out a Temporary Resignation Letter?
A temporary resignation letter is a special kind of resignation letter. There are only a few cases in which a temporary resignation letter is necessary and those are the following:
- When the employment contract stipulates that an employee may have the option to apply for a temporary resignation despite the fact that he/she may be a permanent employee of the said company. Most companies do not allow this. They merely advise their permanent employees to apply for leave instead of resignation when upon evaluation the employees intend to return to their job position.
- When the type of employment contract is only temporary. There are several companies who employ temporary workers for many reasons. A temporary employment is still a formal relationship, thus, if you intend to end this relationship, a formal letter is still necessary. Oftentimes, the rule for notice period in handing out temporary resignations for temporary employment is not as strict as when one is a permanent worker.
Regardless of the reason for creating a temporary resignation letter, you need to be careful in observing the proper format and type of information to be included in your temporary resignation letter. You can also refer to our Email Resignation Letter Samples just in case you decide to send your resignation via e-mail instead of printed mail.
Temporary Job Resignation Letter Sample
Temporary Resignation Letter in Doc
Temporary Resignation Letter Example
The Process of Handing Out Temporary Resignation Letters
Before you hand out your temporary resignation letter, you need to observe some guidelines first.
- Make sure that you observe the company rules on proper resignation notice.
- Remember to keep your letter short and concise. Like all professional letters, a temporary resignation letter should only contain that which is necessary.
- Start your letter with a friendly yet formal opening.
- State in clear terms that you intend to resign from your position.
- If you are retiring from a temporary job, then you need to indicate the period or the entire short duration that you were working for the company and indicate as well your temporary job position.
- State your willingness to help the company in training or looking for someone who can adequately perform your tasks should you leave your position.
- Indicate how thankful you are for the things you have learned from the company.
Now that you know the basics, go ahead and craft your letter now! For more reference, check out our Formal Resignation Letter Samples!
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF