An employee may quit for a wide variety of reasons. It can be to look for better opportunities, to expand their career more, due to stress, or it can be due to pregnancy. Pregnancy is not an easy thing. There are a lot of things that go on in a woman’s body when they are going through pregnancy. Hormones and being an emotional wreck are just one thing. Add carrying a baby in your tummy and thinking about doing your day’s work, now that is a whole different story. This is the reason why some pregnant women will opt to quit their jobs in order to lessen the stress and in order to prepare themselves for birth and for taking care of their babies.You may also see resignation letter format
If you are thinking about quitting your job due to your pregnancy, then we are here to give you a few tips and guidelines on how you can write a pregnancy resignation letter that contains enough detail that would be able to let your employee know about why you need to quit your job. Besides, this is not an odd or unique circumstance. A lot of pregnant women do decide to quit their job, which means that what you are dealing with right now is definitely normal and okay. We also have included a few sample resignation letters that you can use as reference for when you start drafting your very own letter. We hope you enjoy reading this article and everything that we will be sharing with you.
Resignation Letter Template due to Pregnancy
Post Pregnancy Resignation Letter
Pregnancy Resignation Letter in DOC
What to Do before Turning in Your Letter
First things first, there are a few things that you need to think about before you decide to turn in your official resignation letter. One of the things that you need to think about is being able to review the company’s policies and the contract. Ensure that you fully understand the policies well enough and that you know how to go about your resignation. In case there are a few items that you do not understand, you may talk to your HR manager about this to clarify such matters.
For example, if your company has aided you financially during the delivery of your baby, you need to clarify whether there will be a need to repay them if you decide to not return after your maternity leave. Again, just ensure that you have understood all the terms and conditions regarding leaving your job due to your pregnancy.You may also see job resignation letters
Reasons Why There Is a Need to Resign During Pregnancy
A lot of times, pregnant women leave their jobs not just because they want to but sometimes because they need to. Some of the most common reasons that a pregnant woman may quit her job is typically related to medical reasons. In which case, their resignation letter may follow the format of a resignation letter for medical reasons with a medical certificate or letter from the doctor stating that there is a need for the person involved to resign from her job. Here are some of these reasons:
1. A pregnant woman may decide to resign due to medical reasons as advised by their doctor.
2. The pregnant woman might need to rest due to muscle or bone problems that would deem her immobile from doing her job properly.You may also see one day resignation letters.
3. The pregnant woman might want to decide due to vitamin deficiency that could affect the development of the unborn child. This could be addressed with proper rest and proper intake of supplements.You may also see manager resignation letters.
Pregnancy Resignation Letter Format
Resignation Letter Due to Pregnancy
Pregnancy Resignation Letter Example
The Content and Format a Pregnancy Resignation Letter
A resignation letter is considered to be a formal letter. With this being said, it should follow a formal letter format. What should the pregnancy resignation letter cover? Check out the following:
1. Your letter should start with a formal heading. Make sure that you make use of a formal salutation.
2. Immediately let your employer know of your plans to leave in the very first part of your resignation letter.You may also see rude resignation letters
3. Provide a brief explanation about your condition, which, in this case, is your pregnancy. Let your employer know that your pregnancy has affected your ability to be able to do your job properly.You may also see writing an internship resignation letters
4. If your doctor has provided you a medical certificate, make sure that you attach this, as well as other documents that could make your letter a whole lot more solid and factual.
5. State the date when you would want your resignation to take effect.
6. After stating your reasons and after a lot of explanation, let your employer know that you are very grateful for the opportunity that they have given you and for allowing you to share you skills and capabilities to the company. Thank them for helping you grow not just professionally but also personally.You may also see resignation letter for family reasons
7. Make sure that you end your letter properly and you use an appropriate closing. After closing your letter, make sure to sign the letter above your typed name.You may also see childcare resignation letters
8. You may also want to pattern your letter to immediate resignation letters and resignation letter for family reasons. You can have access to templates of these resignation letter types by clicking on the link.
Teacher Pregnancy Resignation Letter
Post-Maternity Leave Resignation Letter
Pregnancy Resignation Letter after Maternity Leave
Resignation Letter for Pregnancy Reason
Tips for Handling Your Resignation after Your Maternity Leave
Being a full-time mother may not be your choice or maybe something you may not be thinking about while you are still pregnant. However, once you see your baby and get to hold him/her in your arms, you may want to be a hands-on type of mom and decide now that you want to be the one who will do all the things that your baby would need. This is when you would probably start thinking about writing the resignation letter. Handle this situation carefully and check out the tips for resignation letter that we would share in order for you to keep and maintain a positive and professional relationship with your employer. Here’s what we want you to know.
1. Make sure that you carefully assess all the options that is presented to you. Ensure that the options provided do not give or allow you to return to your job to achieve a work-life balance while being a mom to your newborn child.
2. Arrange to meet with your boss face-to-face before you decide to hand in your resignation letter to him/her.
3. Remain as honest as possible. Make sure that you let your employer know that the decision-making process was a difficult one and that it was hard for you to come up with the decision.You may also see teacher resignation letter
4. Let your employer know that you want to mold your family in a way that you have always envisioned, which is why you need to quit your office job to have another full-time job, which is to become a full-time mother. This also ensures that in any case you have a negative feeling toward the company, you will be able to stray away from discussing such to your employer.You may also see temporary resignation letter
5. Let your employer know that you will miss being in the office, that you will miss your colleagues, and that you will miss your work.
6. After meeting with your employer and after sending your formal resignation letter to your employer, you follow it up with a phone call to ensure that your employer has received the letter and that it has been duly noted.You may also see nursing resignation letters
The Post-Maternity Leave Resignation Letter
The resignation letter you will be writing does not have to be too long. It can be a short yet detailed one. This is why meeting with your employer or your direct supervisor is important before you hand in that letter. Your letter will just serve as a means of formality that you have resigned properly and that you have no plans to return to work.You may also see immediate resignation letters
After leaving your job, you can keep in touch with the company and your former employer. This does not have to be a regular thing, but a high or hello every now and then will be a good idea especially if you have plans of working again once your son or daughter is old enough to be left with a nanny or a babysitter.You may also see resignation letters no notice
Keeping in touch with your former employer is a good way of keeping them in your network. Plus, it makes it less awkward to ask for employer recommendation letters, which will be greatly useful once you start working for your child’s future. Just always remember to keep everything professional and to carefully take every option into consideration.
Now that you know how to deal with this, we hope that you will now be able to come up with a good resignation letter. We wish you all the best with motherhood and we also wish you and your child good health. Cheers!
3+ Real Estate Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates | PDF
6+ Referral Thank You Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
9+ Recommendation Thank-You Letters in PDF | Word
13+ Nurse Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
11+ Teacher Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF \ Word
10+ Church Resignation Letter Samples and Templates | PDF
11+ Company Termination Letter Samples in PDF | Word
6+ Membership Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
7+ Board Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
14+ School Resignation Letter Samples & Templates in PDF | Word
7+ Introduction Letter to Clients Samples and Templates | PDF
11+ Hospital Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
11+ Meeting Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
9+ Health Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word
7+ Invitation Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | Word