A purchase order is basically a type of business form that is intended to contain any information that is related to that of a purchase or sale of the goods and services offered by a company or a business. These are documents that are typically created by buyers to be issued to sellers. These documents contain information about the item that has been purchased, the number of items purchased, the price of each item purchased, billing/shipping information, as well as other details that may be related to the purchase. These documents are issued in order to protect both parties.
A ton of times, businesses would prepare a letter template for their customers to fill out. Remember, you want to make everything more convenient for your customer or buyer. Not only is this considered to be more convenient for the customer but it also allows the business to have a uniform format for all of the purchase order letters that they would be receiving, which will make processing of all orders faster and more efficient in the long run. Purchase order letters also ensure that your business will not suffer in terms of finances as you will be able to closely monitor the purchases that have been incurred and be able to properly issue invoices to those who have outstanding balances for their orders.
If you need help coming up with a purchase order letter, we are here to lend a helping hand. We will give you a guideline on how you can make one and we have also uploaded a couple of purchase order samples and templates that you may find useful for this very task. Just make sure to keep reading this article.
Purchase Order Template
Simple Purchase Order Template
Purchase Order Example
Services Purchase Order
Purchase Order Request Template
Creating a Purchase Order Letter
- Pick a template of your choice. You can make use of templates that are embedded in your very own word processing application or you may also choose from the wide array of sample purchase order templates to download for free that we have uploaded to this very article. Review and check out every single template and make sure to choose one that you think you can easily work with.
- Make sure the page layout is correct. Make sure that the paper size is the size of the paper you will be printing your purchase order request form. Make sure that you are also working with the correct paper margins for the paper size you have chosen.
- Make grid lines visible. Since you will be working with a table for your documents, you have to make sure that the grid lines on the table are visible. This will make it easier for you to enter all the necessary information related to the purchase and sale of goods.
- Include the company logo. Your logo can be found either at the center of the page, the upper left-hand side, or the upper right-hand side. Choose a placement that you think suits the look of the purchase order letter that you are going for. Make sure that your logo is not too big and not too small either.
- Include your company slogan. If you have a company slogan, you can place this beside your company logo or below the company logo. Pick a placement that works best for your slogan.
- Include your company details. This refers to the name, address, and contact details (i.e., telephone number, mobile number, and email address) of your company. Just like the slogan, this can either be found beside or below your company logo.
- Include a purchase order number. This is typically found at the right-hand side of the document. This will be used as a means of easily tracking down the orders that have been made.
- Date of transaction. Mentioning the date of transaction will also be a good way of keeping track of the purchase order.
- Vendor information. Entering these details are of high importance. This refers to the
- vendor name,
- billing and shipping address, and
- contact details.
- Shipping method to be used. Determine the type of shipping method requested by the customer. Make sure that you also include the terms regarding shipping such as shipping cost, requirements for packaging, and liability cost. The delivery date should also be included and the date the purchase is expected to arrive.
- Make sure that all products purchased are indicated in the letter. Include descriptions, names, quantities, costs, discounts, promotions, as well as other vital information related to the purchase of items.
- Calculate the subtotals first, then discounts (if any), the total cost of items. Include taxes in calculations if applicable.
Sample Purchase Order in PDF
Blank Purchase Order Template
Purchase Order Invoice Format
Amendment Purchase Order Report
Quick Tips When Creating Purchase Order Templates
We would like to share a couple of quick tips that are considered useful when it comes to creating your very own purchase order forms.
- Make sure that you have a copy of the template that you are using or you have made. Whether you made a purchase order form yourself or if you downloaded from our purchase order samples, make sure that you have a backup copy in case your computer breaks down. You can keep a copy in your email, on an online cloud storage, or in a removable drive.
- Keep a copy of a filled out order form for safekeeping. This will be useful for when you are filing financial records. Not only that, but it will be a good idea to keep your own copy should any dispute or misunderstandings arise regarding the purchase of goods.
- Opt to have a printed and an email copy to go the extra mile. This way, should the purchaser lose his/her physical copy of the purchase order, he/she will still have an electronic copy and you will also have a trail of the orders that have been made.
Why Use Purchase Order Templates?
The templates that are uploaded in this article are of high value as they do not just make processing of purchase orders a whole lot easier, they also help to ensure that you end up with an accurate account for what has been ordered and an accurate purchase quotation for what has been purchased. Making use of the ready-made templates will be highly useful for business owners who have high value for neatness, accuracy, and uniformity in format.
The purchase order invoice samples and templates that we have here are very professional and are of high quality. You are sure to make the tiniest amount of edits making it less time-consuming when it comes to personalizing your very own template. You can also easily compute the totals and balances through the templates as you can clearly see what is due for each item that has been ordered.
Confused between invoices and purchase orders? Read up on “Are Invoice and Purchase Order Same?” and find out for yourself if there is really a difference between the two.
Sample Notice Cancellation Letter - 10+ Free Documents In PDF ...
Sample Event Order Form - 8+ Examples in Word, PDF
27+ Requisition Letter Format
Sample Order Form - 10+ Examples in PDF, Word
Sample Vaccine Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
8 Purchase Quotation - Free Sample, Example, Format Download
Sample Purchase Request Form - 10+ Examples in Word, PDF
Blanket Purchase Agreement Templates - 8+ Download Free ...
7+ Purchase Invoice Templates - Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Sample Order Form in Word - 9+ Examples in Word
9+ Purchase Agreement Sample - Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
Sample Order Form - 7+ Documents in PDF, Word
Sample Order Form - 8+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Business Order Form - 9+ Examples in Word, PDF
Sample Shirt Order Form - 10+ Examples in Word, PDF