As an employer, there will be a time when an employee you used to have or a current employee who is about to quit will ask for you to write him/her a recommendation letter for employment or in order to get admitted in a university or college for further studies. These letters serve as a good reference for schools, companies, and other organizations that may require a recommendation letter to determine whether the employee you are recommending is eligible for what he/she is applying for.
If you are looking for a good guide on how to write captivating recommendation letter for employment, we are here to help you out! We will give you a few tips when it comes to writing recommendation letters. We also have a few sample recommendation letters that you can check out and use as a reference for when you start writing that recommendation for your employee. Check out what we have to share with you. If you follow all of the tips and refer to the examples that we have, you will surely end up with a good recommendation letter that is sure to endorse the employee properly. Keep reading!
Employee Recommendation Letter in Doc
Basic Employee Recommendation Letter Example
Employee Recommendation Letter Sample
Generic Employee Recommendation Letter
Employee Recommendation Letter Format
Best Employee Recommendation Letter
Sample Employee Recommendation Letter for Graduate School
Writing the Recommendation Letter for Employee
As an employer, there will be a need for you to write an employer recommendation letter every now and then. When an employee is on the hunt for a new job or if he/she is planning on taking up graduate studies, having a well-written recommendation letter will be one of the most helpful tools that will increase the chances that the result of the application will end up being positive. If you know that you can write a letter of recommendation or that you have the capacity to do so, it would be a good idea to say yes to the person who requested it. However, saying no when you know you will not be able to write a good one is also not a bad thing. Remember that turning down a recommendation request in a polite manner will actually be a good thing because you are actually sparing the employee from a bad and mediocre recommendation letter.
When a current employee asks for you to write a recommendation letter, do not hesitate to ask a few things regarding the reason why he/she needs the resignation. If you are about to write a resignation letter for a former employee, you should also ask for an updated resume or even ask to meet him/her to talk about what he/she wants you to write in the recommendation letter.
When you are writing a job recommendation letter, checking out the job postings, the company, and the industry that the employee has applied for would be ideal. By doing so, you will be able to match the employee’s skills and experiences with what the company needs.
Recommendation Letter Format
- Typically, recommendation letters are in business letter format. With this being said, you will begin with your contact information (name, address, contact number, and email address).
- The salutation will typically include a greeting followed by the name of the hiring manager.
- The body of the letter follows after the salutation. In this part of your letter, you will explain how well you know the employee and for how long. This is also where you elaborate on his skills, experiences, character, and what makes him/her a unique applicant. Citing specific achievements and examples can make the letter all the more convincing.
- In the concluding paragraph, reiterate that you are confident in the employee and that you are happy to be given the opportunity to write the recommendation letter. Do not forget to leave your contact details and thank the recipient for taking the time to read your letter.
Employee Recommendation Letter Format
Simple Employee Recommendation Letter Example
Recommendation Letter from Employer
Printable Letter of Recommendation
Professional Letter of Recommendation
Personal Letter of Recommendation
Sample Professional Recommendation Letter in PDF
Things to Avoid in a Recommendation Letter
You want to put the employee’s best foot forward. So there are a few things that you need to avoid in a recommendation letter to ensure that your letter is well-written and talks about the employee in a positive note. One good tip about writing a recommendation letter is to draft one first and keep editing until you are happy with the letter. Here are a few things to avoid in a recommendation letter.
- Avoid writing about personal relationships. If you are related to the person you are writing about, best not mention this in the letter. You want to focus more on his/her strengths and professional work ethics.
- Uncorrected errors or behaviors. Everyone is not perfect and they will definitely make mistakes. If there are some behaviors and mistakes that were not corrected, it is definitely best that you avoid including these. Again, focusing on the strengths is what you want to do.
- Personal conflicts. Any personal conflicts that you had with the employee should be set aside. Just remain calm and professional in handling these things. If you feel uncomfortable writing a recommendation letter because of conflicts, then you better decline the request politely.
- Remain honest. Do not overexaggerate on the truth. Just stick with simple language and stick to the truth.
When it comes to writing recommendation letters that work, reviewing what the requirements are and what you need to include in the letter is important. You also have to consider the recommendation letter format. You should also consider asking your employee for a copy of his/her resume, the job posting if the employee is requesting the letter for employment purposes, or the academic requirements if the letter is being requested for academic-related purposes.
One more thing about recommendation letters is that it is important that these letters be personalized and customized according to the purpose that it is intended for. Being specific is highly important for these letters to ensure that the endorsement is done properly. Make sure that your letter is also unique. Make sure you do not copy the samples word per word. Base some of what you will say on the samples but never copy everything.
Referring to a few basic letter of recommendation samples would extremely be helpful for this task. It can help make your letters be more convincing. The examples that we have in this article cover a wide variety of situations wherein former employers write recommendation letters for their employees. So do not hesitate to check out all of the samples that we have. If we have yet to mention it, all of the samples that are uploaded in this very article are for free. So there’s absolutely no need for you to worry about paying anything when you decide to download the samples available. This means, you can download as many samples that you want.
Now, you have a better understanding about writing strong recommendation letters. We hope that what we have shared with you has helped ease your nerves just a little bit and can help you come up with a good recommendation letter. Just remember to not rush when it comes to writing the letter. Take your time and make sure that you have all the information that you need in order to write the letter. You better start scurrying toward your computer and start typing away! Before you know it, you will be done with that recommendation letter. Good luck!
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
18+ Sample Employment Contracts
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs