Like everything else, the realm of internship is rife with competition. It is for this reason that students strive to have their internships at prestigious and top-notch companies/organizations. These companies are usually picky with the interns that they allow to train in their company. That is why, in order to ensure that they get in, these students need to submit a captivating recommendation letter together with their report cards and other pertinent credentials.
If you are someone whom a prospective intern has asked to craft this recommendation letter, then you must be familiar with the sense of dread that comes with the enormity of such responsibility. But you need not fret any further, for we have collected a variety of internship recommendation Sample Letters for you to choose from! These samples are in PDF and Doc format thus it is easier for you to view and tweak these according to your preferences. What are you waiting for? Scroll down below and download the ones that suit your letter-writing needs!
Summer Internship Recommendation Letter
Student Internship Recommendation Letter
Engineering Internship Recommendation Letter
Research Internship Recommendation Letter
Internship Recommendation Letter Sample
What Is an Internship?
An internship is a job training in which an undergraduate student is made to undergo for a period of usually 3–6 months. This particular job training is unpaid, meaning the intern who works for a company, government agency, or any entity does not receive a salary for his/her service.
During an internship, the student-intern is expected to do the following:
- transform the theoretical knowledge that he/she has learned from his course into practical and perceivable sets of skills,
- establish a self-made ethical compass in dealing with other professionals in the workplace/the place he/she is training,
- adapt to the organizational structure of the company,
- adhere to the rules of conduct mandated,
- develop a strong and commendable work ethic,
- take initiative in the internship by thinking of ways to add value to the company or to further the company’s goals and visions, and
- report to his/her intern adviser regarding the progress of his/her internship.
As mentioned, internship is a crucial aspect of a person’s career. If you are the letter-writer, you need to use all available information in order to concoct the most convincing and dazzling recommendation letter.
For more reference, you can check out the following links:
After Internship Recommendation Letter
Bank Internship Recommendation Letter
Internship Recommendation Letter Example
Internship Recommendation Letter Format
How to Craft a Dazzling Internship Recommendation Letter
1. Research first.
Don’t trudge the deep waters of letter-writing without a sword in hand. In other words, make sure that you do your research first. Gather information regarding the nature of the company your prospective intern aims to apply to.
2. Start with an introduction.
In this part, mention how you came to know the prospective intern. Normally, you also state in this part how long you have known the applicant or the person recommended and what is the nature of your academic or professional relationship with him/her.
3. Expound in the body.
Enumerate the recommended person’s relevant traits, capabilities, and characteristics that increases the person’s eligibility for the applied intern position.
4. Narrate specific instances in order to prove the credibility of your claims.
5. Specify the following:
- educational attainment, or
- current job positions (if you deem it necessary to establish firm authority on the nature of the recommendation).
6. Professionally close your letter with polite remarks and indicate how you may be contacted just in case there are further questions regarding the applicant’s qualification.
For your future letter-writing needs, you may check out our collection of Job Recommendation Letters.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters