Like everything else, the realm of internship is rife with competition. It is for this reason that students strive to have their internships at prestigious and top-notch companies/organizations. These companies are usually picky with the interns that they allow to train in their company. That is why, in order to ensure that they get in, these students need to submit a captivating recommendation letter together with their report cards and other pertinent credentials.
If you are someone whom a prospective intern has asked to craft this recommendation letter, then you must be familiar with the sense of dread that comes with the enormity of such responsibility. But you need not fret any further, for we have collected a variety of internship recommendation Sample Letters for you to choose from! These samples are in PDF and Doc format thus it is easier for you to view and tweak these according to your preferences. What are you waiting for? Scroll down below and download the ones that suit your letter-writing needs!
Summer Internship Recommendation Letter
Student Internship Recommendation Letter
Engineering Internship Recommendation Letter
Research Internship Recommendation Letter
Internship Recommendation Letter Sample
What Is an Internship?
An internship is a job training in which an undergraduate student is made to undergo for a period of usually 3–6 months. This particular job training is unpaid, meaning the intern who works for a company, government agency, or any entity does not receive a salary for his/her service.
During an internship, the student-intern is expected to do the following:
- transform the theoretical knowledge that he/she has learned from his course into practical and perceivable sets of skills,
- establish a self-made ethical compass in dealing with other professionals in the workplace/the place he/she is training,
- adapt to the organizational structure of the company,
- adhere to the rules of conduct mandated,
- develop a strong and commendable work ethic,
- take initiative in the internship by thinking of ways to add value to the company or to further the company’s goals and visions, and
- report to his/her intern adviser regarding the progress of his/her internship.
As mentioned, internship is a crucial aspect of a person’s career. If you are the letter-writer, you need to use all available information in order to concoct the most convincing and dazzling recommendation letter.
For more reference, you can check out the following links:
After Internship Recommendation Letter
Bank Internship Recommendation Letter
Internship Recommendation Letter Example
Internship Recommendation Letter Format
How to Craft a Dazzling Internship Recommendation Letter
1. Research first.
Don’t trudge the deep waters of letter-writing without a sword in hand. In other words, make sure that you do your research first. Gather information regarding the nature of the company your prospective intern aims to apply to.
2. Start with an introduction.
In this part, mention how you came to know the prospective intern. Normally, you also state in this part how long you have known the applicant or the person recommended and what is the nature of your academic or professional relationship with him/her.
3. Expound in the body.
Enumerate the recommended person’s relevant traits, capabilities, and characteristics that increases the person’s eligibility for the applied intern position.
4. Narrate specific instances in order to prove the credibility of your claims.
5. Specify the following:
- educational attainment, or
- current job positions (if you deem it necessary to establish firm authority on the nature of the recommendation).
6. Professionally close your letter with polite remarks and indicate how you may be contacted just in case there are further questions regarding the applicant’s qualification.
For your future letter-writing needs, you may check out our collection of Job Recommendation Letters.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates