There will be instances when an employee might ask an employer to write a recommendation letter. Recommendation letters are used in many types of situations such as scholarships, seminars, training, and even for a new job. A positive recommendation serves as a tool that increases the chances of the employee getting picked.
If by any chance you are an employer who was asked by an employee to write a recommendation letter, there are a couple of Sample Letters that you can browse through and use as your reference for drafting one that will leave a positive impression about the employee.
Employer Recommendation Letter in PDF
Sample Employer Recommendation Letter
Employer Job Recommendation Letter Example
Employer Scholarship Recommendation Letter
Format of an Employer Recommendation Letter
There is no right or wrong way of writing a recommendation letter. However, there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration like the format. Just like Generic Recommendation Letters, an employer recommendation letter needs to follow a block format and it will contain the following information:
- If the company has an official letterhead, it will typically be found on top of the letter.
- Date when the letter was sent
- Recipient details, which will include the name, the name of the company/organization, and address.
- An opening salutation
- The body of the letter will contain all of the necessary information about the employee being recommended. The purpose of the recommendation should be known to make it easier to know which traits and qualities should be highlighted.
- A closing salutation
If there are any supporting documents needed, it can be attached to the recommendation letter.
To help you more with writing and formatting your letters, the sample Employee Recommendation Letters we have on our website serve as great references. These samples show that specific details should be focused on as these are the essentials that will help to convey the message that the employee is qualified.
Employer Recommendation Letter for Immigration
Graduate School Employer Recommendation Letter
Employer Recommendation Letter Doc
Who Can Benefit from Employer Recommendation Letters?
Recommendation letters are used for a wide variety of reasons. Employers are considered to be great people to give a recommendation letter as they have seen how an employee is with regards to his dedication and work ethics. Some of the reasons why recommendation letters are used are listed below:
- For academic-related purposes such as scholarships, school admissions, or when employees want to take up higher studies
- Career reference for a new job
- Can be a supporting document to lease and credit history when it comes to renting properties
- When the employee wants to become a member of an organization
Points to Remember in Writing the Letter
- Writing an original letter of recommendation should be your priority as it feels more customized and tailor-fit to the employee. In case you are having trouble trying to think of a good way to start it, you can always refer to the samples presented in this article.
- Ensure that you include examples about the achievements of the employee when it comes to academics, work ethics, and leadership.
- Focus on the employee. Avoid swaying to topics that are deemed to be unnecessary.
Writing a recommendation letter for a nurse? Check out Nursing Recommendation Letters.
10+ Sample Employee Thank-You Letters
10+ Student Reference Letters
10+ Employee Resignation Letters – DOC, Apple Pages
9+ Sample Recommendation Letter for High School Students
11+ Sample Job Recommendation Letters
8+ Sample Nursing Reference Letters
11+ Nurse Reference Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF