Recommendation letters are mostly written by people who are known in a certain industry. If it is for admittance to medical school, then your college dean or professor can write one for you. If it is a commendation letter for work application or for a promotion, then your previous employer or current boss can write one for you.
A recommendation letter will tell about who you are, your skills and ability, your characteristics, the reason why you are qualified for the job, and many more. Everything in it is about you. Our sample letters contain all these important details. You might want to check them out.
Assistant Professor Recommendation Letter
Professor Promotion Recommendation Letter
College Professor Recommendation Letter
Professor Tenure Recommendation Letter
Thank You Professor Recommendation Letter
How to Write a Recommendation Letter
Have you been asked to write a recommendation letter before? If you haven’t, then good for you. There are times when we are asked to do things that we keep avoiding. Most of the time get a chance to escape, but there will always be this one time where you will trapped in a corner with zero chances of a way out. And what if it is about a recommendation letter. Good thing we have steps prepared for you.
- Recombination letters should be written by the people who know you depending on the letter’s purpose, like if it is for a promotion (promotion recommendation letters ), for a loan or for a school application (law school recommendation letters). So you should decide first if you know that person enough before writing the letter.
- Use a formal letter layout or formal letter style.
- Put in the name of the person the letter should be addressed to and their designation, contact details, company, and address.
- Use a personal or standard greeting.
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph and who you are writing for.
- In the rest of the body, tell about the skills, characteristics, qualifications, and the reason why this person is worth your recommendation.
- Provide a conclusion and close your letter.
- Thank them for taking time to read.
- Include your full name and signature at the bottom.
University Professor Recommendation Letter
Professor Recommendation Letter Example
Professor Recommendation Request Letter
Professor Award Recommendation Letter Format
Graduate School Professor Recommendation Letter
Types of Recommendation Letter
- Employment Recommendation Letters – These letters are written by an employee of the same company you worked with before, or your previous boss. In some cases for fresh graduates, they can ask their professors or someone they worked with during their on-the-job training to write a recommendation letter for them. This letter includes your skills and capabilities, qualifications, and the type of employee you are.
- Academic Recommendation Letters – For those who want to study in graduate school, take up law school or medical school, or those who want to get a scholarship recommendation letter, they need an academic recommendation letter. Just like an employment recommendation letter for fresh graduates, they are usually written by professors, lawyers, or doctors depending on the course.
- Personal Recommendation Letters – These letters are written by close friends or by family members and are mostly used for loan applications or other personal needs.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters