Invitation letters are basically documents that requests the presence of an individual or group to an event or occasion. Whether it’s for birthdays, weddings, formal events, or business meetings, we’ve all had our fair share of sending and receiving invitations.
Invitations can be sent through various platforms such as by personally handing it to the recipient, sending it via traditional snail mail, or through e-mail. Invitations can come in many forms, and our Sample Letters gives you a peek at how invitation letters are written. All of the template samples presented are in Word format to make downloading and editing easy and convenient for you.
Invitation Letter for Visa in PDF
Business Invitation Letter
Wedding Invitation Letter
Elements of an Invitation Letter
Invitation letters typically contain information about the event or occasion. It mentions details about
- the host,
- the time and date,
- the location, and
- how you can respond to the invitation. Invitations are typically given days before the event or occasion to give time for the invited to respond to the invites. Giving out invitation letters denote that the event or occasion is well-planned out.
Two Types of Social Invitation Letters
There are two major types of invitation letters:
- Business Invitation Letter.
A business invitation is a way of inviting clients and work colleagues to a company event or for when embassies invite clients for confirmation of their visa applications. The tone to this letter is formal and is considered as a professional invitation.
- Friendly Invitation Letter.
Friendly invitation letters are given for events such as engagements, send-off parties, birthdays, and the like. People invited are usually family members and close friends.
Invitation Cover Letter
Job Interview Invitation Letter
Invitation Proposal Letter
It is important to remember a few etiquette when sending out invitations:
- Make sure to send your letters ahead of time to give guests ample amount of time to think about their response.
- Be specific when you write your invitations. Always specify who can and cannot be brought to the event (Example: can bring plus one, no pets allowed, children below 7 years old not allowed).
- Ensure that your choice of words does not hurt any of the guests invited.
- Send an electronic copy of the invitation at least 3 days before the event to serve as a reminder for the guests. This is also to ensure a final head count of guests.
Drafting an invitation letter from scratch can be exhausting and time-consuming. These sample invitation letter templates can help save you time because they are pre-drafted for the user’s benefits. You can choose from a wide variety of letters that can help you write your invitation letters in no time. Customizing is not a hassle and you can easily put your personal touch to the letters. Once you have customized these to suit your taste, it is now ready to be dispatched through whatever means you prefer. You may also see Sample Visa Invitation Letters.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters