Scholarships are from generous and compassionate people to give support for the educational endeavors of students that have financial limitations. Such people, who mostly never ask anything in return, sending them a well-made thank-you letter of appreciation is always special.
Sending a letter of gratitude allows the donors to remember why they have donated in the first place. If you are unsure how to write your thank-you letter, then is article is perfect for you. It discusses more on the nature of writing a thank-you letter with provided samples, free to download, available in PDF format that you can use a reference letter. See also Sample Letters to get you familiarized in writing well-made letters.
Sample Thank You Letter for Scholarship Award
Thank You Letter for Scholarship Sponsor
Example Thank You Letter for Scholarship Award
When Writing Your Thank-You Letter
Writing a thank-you letter is not just as simple as saying “thanks” or “thank you for the support,” you should still implement a formal and business format-like writing. You want to be able to let your feelings of gratitude come across to the person you are writing to, but in the same way that shows your professionalism. Here are some pointers you should consider to help you writing your thank-you letter.
What you must remember:
- Firstly, don’t forget to include your full name, return address, landline number, and e-mail at the very beginning of your letter.
- Always start your letter with a proper salutation including appropriate suffix and prefix.
- You have to make sure that your letter is free of grammatical and spelling errors as well as have an organized content. Sometimes you tend to get excited when saying your appreciation toward someone who has contributed so much. Avoid cluttering your letter with superfluous words. Keep it simple so it would be easier for them to read.
- Be sure to reference the specific scholarship you have received, just don’t indicate anything that is number-related.
- The letter can be handwritten or typed and printed, but make sure to limit it only by one page. Most of our respectable donors are busy with important matters. Having a concise and well-written one page worth of gratitude is sure enough to make their day special.
- Reread your letter at least once or twice and fix any grammar and spelling mistakes you spot. You may read it out loud to hear the kind of flow your letter have. Check out our Scholarship Thank You Letters article to see more samples.
Congratulations on Scholarship Award in PDF
Thank You Letter for Scholarship Award in PDF
Scholarship Recipient Thank You Letter
Now, that you are aware of the things you must consider in writing a thank-you letter as well as the importance of writing one. If you are still unsure on how to write one, feel free to download and use the samples provided above as reference material. Available in our site are many other samples of thank-you letters that you can browse and read through. And if you are interested in other varieties of thank-you letters, you may also check out Professional Thank You Letter article, where you can see samples of how a professional does it.
FREE 12+ Graduate School Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Formal Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Endorsement Letters Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Donation Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 40+ Introduction Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ What to Include in a Commercial Lease Termination Letter [ Tips and Samples ]
FREE 10+ Sample Financial Hardship Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Thank You Letter For Scholarship in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF | Word
FREE 12+ Sample Refusal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Job Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Work Apology Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Job Appointment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Resignation Letter Examples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 38+ Examples of Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF