Do you have pressing needs that would require you to appeal to another person or organization in order to ensure its resolution? If so, then you must realize that the perfect method to gain approval is by the means of a formal request letter. This letter, when written with precise content and accurate format, can be your ticket to a request approval.
To help guide you in your request letter-writing, we are providing you with diverse templates of request letters. These templates are designed in order to cater to varying types of requests. To mention a few, we have request letters for job transfer, for leave, for appointment, and even for refunds! To maximize the usage of our helpful templates, scroll down below and download the ones that you deem suitable to your needs!
Appointment Request Letters
Business Appointment Request Letter
Medical Appointment Request
Meeting Request Letters
Formal Meeting Request
Parent Teacher Meeting Request Letter
Location Transfer Request
Job Transfer Request Letter
Leave Request Letters
Vacation Leave Request Letter
Approval Request Letters
Sample Approval Letter for Absence
Budget Approval Request
Leave Approval Request Response Letter
What Is the Importance of Sending a Formal Request Letter?
Most of our requests are of a formal nature. Formal requests usually involve universities, corporations, government institutions, financial institutions, and even nonprofit organizations. That is why it is vital that you send a formal request letter that subscribes to the appropriate letter format that is required of the specific type of request that you are communicating.
The following are the advantages of sending a formal request letter:
- Mode of persuasion. In a letter, you have the liberty of arranging your thoughts in such a way that can convince the letter-receiver that your request deserves a positive response. The primary reason why a formal request letter is the most effective mode of persuasion is its allowance for specificity. This means that you better able to elaborate the details of your case and your qualifications if necessary. Through your words, you are able to paint a picture of your present predicament. Furthermore, you may enumerate all the possible advantages that the letter-receiver may reap from giving an approval to your request.
- Easier response. In a formal letter, you can directly state your wish for a response. Naturally, letters allow you to indicate your complete address and contact information. Hence, the letter-receiver would be saved from the hassle of searching for a way to contact you. In addition to that, your easy accessibility would make the letter-receiver more inclined to give you a positive response.
- Documentation. Formal organizations operate by documenting all the minute correspondences made during their organizational operations. It is for this reason that a formal request letter is an essential document for organizations. The proper documentation and storage of organizational documents are essential for future references. For example, your requests may be useful for them in the future when they are analyzing their effectivity and progress as an organization. Other than that, these formal request letters can be pulled out easily from the archive should there be legal court proceedings.
When Can You Use Request Letters?
The formatting of your request letter should depend on the type of request you are making. The following are instances when a request letter is necessary:
- If you are a job seeker, you can request for a job interview.
- If you are an employee or a scholarship grantee, you may ask for a refund.
- If you are a business owner, you may request for a business meeting.
- If you are a budding business owner, you may request for a business loan.
- If you are suffering from an illness or injury, you may request for a medical appointment.
- If you are an employee, you may request for a location transfer.
- If you are a college or post-graduate student who lacks financial backing for your education, then you may request for a scholarship grant or educational funding.
Indeed, request letters come in various forms. If you want to have a more in-depth understanding as to the specific types of request letters, you may view our collection of request letter samples; moreover, our website contains a wealth of informative and enlightening request letter templates.
Formal Business Request Letters
Business Meeting Request Letter
Business Funding Request
Cancellation Request Letters
Insurance Cancellation Request
Flight Cancellation Letter
Formal Donation Request Letters
Food Donation Request
Earthquake Donation Request Letter
Payment Request Letters
Advance Payment Request
Customer Payment Request
Permission Request Letters
Formal Permission Request Letter
Copyright Permission Request
Formal Donation Request Letter
There are times when our funds are not enough to support our goals, projects, or plans. In such cases, we are forced to approach a charitable individual or institution who can help fund our plans.
If you are making a donation request letter, make sure that you are able to follow these guidelines:
- Select your prospective donors carefully. Before you write your donation request letter, it would greatly play to your favor if the prospective donors you will be writing to are those who have the propensity to feel sympathy for your predicament. To ascertain that they are inclined to donate to your goal or cause, you have to do your research first. Scour the Internet and other sources that can provide you with valuable candidates for your donors list.
- Follow the proper formatting of formal request letters. You can do this by referring to templates of request letters that are identical to the type of request letter you are about to make. You can opt to download our relevant donation request letters on this page. These templates can provide you with the proper content and flow of donation request letters.
- After you have observed the proper formalities, you may start the body of your donation request letter. Start with a short introduction of yourself and your affiliations if necessary. This is to be followed with a clear statement of your intention to request for a donation.
- Make explanations for your donation request. Then you may elaborate more on the circumstance that has thrown you in such a place of desperation or you may simply advertise the goodness of your cause, goal, or vision. When writing this part, always keep your words genuine and honest. Artificial exaggeration may cause your prospective donor to doubt the veracity of your statements.
- Conclude your letter. After you have made your appeal, you may conclude your letter with a suggestion that you are looking forward for a positive response. Then, add your contact information.
- Close your letter formally and affix your signature.
Location Transfer Request
Employees who have worked in a company for a long time have acquired certain rights or privileges. One such privilege is the right to request for location transfer. What this means is when you are a tenured employee, you may request your manager or employer to transfer you to another branch location of your company. The following are the information that must be included in your location transfer request letter:
- Provide a brief introduction of yourself and the number of years you have been employed in the company. You may use a conversational tone and express your sincere gratitude for the growth opportunities that the company has provided for you throughout the years.
- Then you will state your request to be transferred in another branch location of your company.
- Give a brief explanation why you want to be transferred. Do not give ambiguous and confusing statements. Be honest, clear, and concise.
- Humbly seek for approval in your concluding sentence. Then thank your manager or employer for the time and effort in reading your letter.
Refund Request Letters
Refund Cheque Request
Bonafide Certificate Request Letters
Bonafide Certificate Request Letter
Bonafide Certificate Request Letter for Passport
Bonafide Certificate Request from School
Formal Appointment Request Letters
Business Appointment Request
Doctor Appointment Request
Client Appointment Request
Information Request Letters
Freedom of Information Request
Additional Information Request Letter
Contact Information Request Letter
Leave Request Letter
Employees are expected to go to their place of work at the time agreed in their employment contract. In moments when an employee is unable to go to work due to personal, medical, or emergency reasons, he/she is expected to file a leave request at least a few days before the planned leave. Large organizations have human resource departments to process leave requests. Oftentimes, human resource clerks or staff are flooded with a plethora of employee-management tasks, making it impossible for them to personally attend to leave requests. In such scenarios, a leave request letter is the best action for those who want to apply for a leave. If you are currently planning to write this letter, you may refer to our relevant templates on this page.
Insurance Cancellation Request
Insurance contracts allows us to heave a sigh of relief upon thinking about the security of our future. No matter how beneficial an insurance may be to us, there are unpredictable situations that would force us to cancel our insurance. If you are planning to cancel your insurance due to a financial emergency, you can do so through an insurance cancellation request letter. This letter must be well-crafted in such a way that you are able to communicate the reason for your cancellation.
Business Appointment Request Letter
A business appointment request letter is written by business persons to other business owners, business partners, clients, and vendors. This type of request letter can assume varied forms depending on the nature of the business proposal, which is the subject for appointment. Business appointments are made with a goal in mind. Usually, these business appointments are organized when both parties of the appointment can perceive an actual or possible profit or business advantage from attending the said appointment.
The following are the usual reasons for a business appointment:
- Business partnership proposal
- Business proposals to potential clients
- Business proposals to potential vendors
- Outsourcing business proposals
For more information regarding the various types of business proposals, you may refer to our collection of proposal request letter templates. You may access these templates by clicking on the link provided.
10+ Sample Employee Thank-You Letters
10+ Student Reference Letters
10+ Employee Resignation Letters – DOC, Apple Pages
9+ Sample Recommendation Letter for High School Students
11+ Sample Job Recommendation Letters
8+ Sample Nursing Reference Letters
11+ Nurse Reference Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF