There are things that we cannot do without an approval from authorized individuals or from higher management. It could be a proposal for a new project, or a sample budget for a certain department. If you need to get approval for something, then you’ll have to come up with a formal request for approval letter. In this article, you will find several request for approval letter samples for different purposes. These samples make great reference materials when you need help with drafting a good request letter of approval.
FREE 10+ Request For Approval Letter Samples
1. Tuition Approval for Refund Request
2. Free Request for Approval Letter to Boss
3. Free Request Letter for Approval of Proposal
4. Free Request Letter for Approval Template
5. Free Request Letter for Approval of Project
6. Request Letter for Change Amendment
7. Approval Request for Purchasing Goods
8. Sample Grant Approval Letter
9. Sample Request for Approval of ATO
10. Request for Approval Letter Sample
11. Letter to Request Approval Template
What Is a Request for Approval Letter?
You write a request for approval letter if you need to get permission to do something that requires authorization from a manager, a client, or an authorized individual. Requesting for approval is necessary before you start working on a new project or before you continue working on a current project. If the original budget for a project needs to be changed for the better, then you’ll need to get permission from the client by sending a request letter for approval. The letter not only tells them of the changes in the budget, but it also provides them with an update on where the project is at that moment.
How to Write a Request for Approval Letter
Below are simple steps that will help you easily write a request for approval letter.
1. Professionally Address the Recipient
Remember that you will be writing to somebody who will make the final decision. So, it’s best to be polite and professional. Besides, being professional is showing good manners. There’s just no good reason why you shouldn’t address your recipient professionally. You may use Dear Mr. or Ms. followed by the recipient’s last name.
2. Write About What You Need
Be concise when writing what you need. It shows that you are considerate of their time. Your manager or client will appreciate a straightforward letter of request. That is because they don’t have to spend a lot of time figuring out what you want from them.
3. Provide an Explanation on Why You Need It
After telling them exactly what you need, you should provide the details on why you need it. Your explanation should also be concise. Put your explanation in a separate paragraph.
4. Tell Them of the Benefits
You’ll need to persuade your recipient to approve your request. So after your quick explanation, you should provide the benefits of the request if they decide to give their approval.
5. Conclude Your Message
Before the complimentary close, express your interest for their response. So as not to sound like you are rushing them, add details about the project’s deadline or a certain time when operations will be carried out. It will notify them that they have to make a decision soon.
How important is a request for approval letter?
A request for approval letter is important because of the following reasons:
- It facilitates understanding between two or more people. The request for approval letter would provide information about what you want to do and how you want it done. Your request is approved if the other party understands what you want to happen in your request. An approval letter is a likely reply to your request.
- Sending a request for approval is a sign of respect. The letter shows your professionalism on matters concerning making decisions for a project. It is giving respect to people who are authorized to approve certain transactions, such as a vacation leave approval, loan approval, or budget approval.
- The letter serves as an official document that you are authorized to do something regarding a project. Through the letter, the requesting and approving parties are well informed of the approval granted.
What information should I include in a request for approval letter?
Your request for approval letter must include:
- Company letterhead
- Recipient name, address and contact information
- Formal greeting
- Reason for writing
- Details of what needs approval
- Thank the reader for their time
- Complimentary close
- Complete name of sender/requestor
- Handwritten signature/digital signature
When should I send a request for approval letter?
There are several instances when you will need to send a request for approval letter. They are listed below:
- If you need to get approval for a proposal, such as a request letter for approval of proposal and a request letter for approval of project.
- If you need approval for certain changes in the budget or for work-related purchases, such as sample request letter for approval of budget and a sample letter of request for approval to purchase.
- When you need approval from a client or manager for a project that was just completed. This is done to get approval to confirm their satisfaction
Is it okay to send a follow-up email for a request letter?
Yes, it is. Sending a follow-up letter on your request allows you to determine if the recipient received your letter. It also an opportunity for you to get updates on your request and answer questions for clarification.
Can I email a request for approval?
Yes, you can. A request for approval letter can be sent through regular mail or by email. It depends on your company’s preferred method. What’s important is that the letter follows a formal letter format, is detailed, and is addressed to the right people.
If you need help with writing a request for approval, you can very well use the samples provided above for your reference. You will surely get your letter done in no time.
FREE 6+ Sample Salary Proposal Letter Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 5+ Sample Leave Authorization Form Templates in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF Word
FREE 13+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF MS Word | Pages ...
FREE 12+ Sample Advertising Proposal Letter Templates in PDF ...
FREE 8+ Sample Bank Authorization Letter Templates in MS Word ...
FREE 46+ Request Letter Samples in MS Word Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Leave Request Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Medical Treatment Authorization Letter Templates ...
FREE 29+ Formal Request Letter Templates in PDF MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Overtime Request Forms in MS Word PDF
FREE 30+ Sample Quotation Letter Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 7+ Sample Pre-Approval Letter Templates in MS Word PDF
FREE 54+ Request Letter Templates in MS Word Google Docs ...
FREE 10+ Sample Material Request Forms in PDF MS Word