An invitation letter is sent by someone to another person to invite them to a certain event. Invitation letters can be formal or informal letter depending on what the occasion for the invite is for. Through an invitation letter sample, one can request the presence of the specific person they sent the invitation letter to.
In this article are 36 invitation letters that you can view and download. Each invitation letter is carefully crafted to meet different kinds of invitation letter needs. They can be downloaded and edited for one’s personal use, or use them as sample reference when creating your own invitation letter for whatever occasion.
Free Formal Invitation Letter
Free Business Invitation Letter
Free Invitation For Business Meeting Letter
Birthday Invitation Letters
Formal Birthday Invitation Letter
Daughter Birthday Invitation Letter
Birthday Invitation Letter Format
Business Invitation Letters
Business Invitation Letter for Visa
Business Invitation Letter for an Event
Business Invitation Letter for Meeting
Who Can Write Invitation Letters?
Everybody can write an invitation letter. There is actually no limitation as to who is allowed to write one. As long as your purpose statement is to invite someone to a said event, occasion, or gathering, then you can write an invitation letter. On top of that, invitations are not only done by sending a letter, you can also invite someone by making phone calls, having actual meet-ups, sending emails and instant messages or text messages. Below we have listed some examples of entities who usually send invitation letters
- Companies or organizations
- Individuals or families
- Event organizers
- Embassy of a foreign country, they send invitation letters for visa
What to Include in an Invitation Letter
The contents of an invitation letter are important because it is a way for invited guests to know what kind of event they are going to attend, who organized it, and other important details. Below is the list of things that one can find in an invitation letter.
- What the occasion is about
- The reason why the occasion or event is held
- The venue where the occasion will take place
- The time of the program
- What type of party and what food is served
- The dress code, if any
- Special guests
- A copy of the sample program
- Where the invitation came from
These contents are all included in sample invitation letters.
Formal Invitation Letters
Formal Family Visitor Visa Invitation Letter
Formal Business Invitation Letter
Formal Letter of Reason Invitation
Wedding Invitation Letters
Pre Wedding Invitation Letter
Christian Wedding Invitation Letter
Meeting Invitation Letters
Meeting Invitation Letter Sample
Business Meeting Invitation Letter
Conference Meeting Invitation Letter
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Invitation Letters
- Sending an invitation letter via email or through social networking sites allows one to save money and resources. It also saves the environment as email invitations are paperless.
- Online invitations letters get faster response time compared to traditional invitation letters.
- Traditional invitation letters can be designed in a stylish and elegant manner. They will be very presentable to the guests that you are inviting for the said occasion, especially in debut and wedding invitations. Business invitation letters may also be used.
- Writing an invitation letter is a more personal way of requesting someone’s presence in a particular event. Through an invitation letter, one can express their interest of having that certain person on their special day.
- Invitation letters also serve as a pass or ticket for someone to be able to get admitted to an exclusive event. Exclusive events don’t allow outsiders and only invited guests with their invitation letters are allowed. Formal invitation letters are likely to be used.
- Since traditional invitation letters are usually sent through the mail, there is a possibility that it will get lost during delivery. If this happens, the mail will never be delivered and your guest will definitely not know about it unless you contact them by phone. This can also happen to online invitations.
- Online invitations have another disadvantage and that is because not everyone is online. The Internet may be available almost anywhere in the world, but there are still people who choose not to get involved with it.
- Having a fancy and elegant-looking invitation letter format is costly because they are made using specialty papers and all sorts of elegant stuff. And what makes it more expensive is the craftsmanship that is used to have it created.
Conference Invitation Letters
Conference Sponsorship Invitation Letter
Conference Speaker Invitation Letter
Press Conference Invitation Letter
Company Conference Invitation Letter
Event Invitation Letters in PDF
Business Event Invitation Letter
Alumni Event Invitation Letter
Charity Event Invitation Letter
Community Event Invitation Letter
Christmas Event Invitation Letter
Interview Invitation Letters
Job Interview Invitation Letter
Campus Interview Invitation Letter
Formal Interview Invitation Letter
What Are the Uses of an Invitation Letter?
Below are some of the uses of an invitation letter.
- As its name suggests, invitation letters are used to invite someone or request the presence of a certain person to a particular event or gathering.
- Businesses make use of invitation letters to invite prospective partners to join them in a meeting about their business and partnership.
- Invitation letters include passes or serve as passes to a particular event, like a wedding in an exclusive villa, or a party.
- When inviting family or friends from another country to the United States or any country requiring visa, they can make use of visa invitation letters.
What Is a Visa Invitation Letter?
There are basically two types of invitation letters. One of them is an invitation letter for social gatherings or occasions and the other one is an invitation letter for visa. Examples of invitation letters for social gatherings or occasions are those that are used to invite people for weddings, birthday parties, cutting of ribbon events, and such. An invitation letter for visa, on the other hand, is a formal letter of invitation used to invite someone from a different country.
Marriage Invitation Letters
Marriage Invitation Letter to Friend
Advance Marriage Invitation Letter
Party Invitation Letters
Graduation Party Invitation Letter
Sample Party Invitation Letter
Holiday Party Invitation Letter
Inauguration Invitation Letters
Sample Inauguration Invitation Letter
Company Inauguration Invitation Letter
House Warming Invitation Letter
Lunch Invitation Letters
Business Lunch Invitation Letter
Christmas Lunch Invitation Letter
How to Write an Invitation Letter
The instructions below are for writing invitation letters for social events or gathering. You may also check on the invitation letters included in this article, and download and use them as your own.
- Determine what type of gathering or event you are making this invitation letter for. It will make it easy to choose any design review or layout for the invitation letter.
- Identify if it is a formal gathering or an informal gathering to help you decide whether to make a formal invitation letter or not.
- Decide on the design. Use one that is appropriate for the said event.
- Make a list of the people that you want to invite in the said gathering.
- Make a sample list of things that should be included in your invitation letter.
- In the contents of your letter, write down the reason for the invitation, for whom the event is for, the venue, the time, the dress code, and include the theme for the said event. The name of the person to whom the invitation letter is for should be written.
- Be sure to do a spelling and grammar check to make sure that your invitation letter sounds professional.
Another useful sample letter is the business meeting invitation letter.
FREE 48+ Leave Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 53+ Payment Letter Formats in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 45+ Business Proposal Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Salary Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Bank Authorization Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Reference Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Letter of Introduction Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 13+ Volunteer Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Recommendation Letters For Employment in PDF | Google Docs | Microsoft MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 13+ Sample Thank You for Your Support Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Credit Card Authorization Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 41+ Resignation Letter Formats & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Letter of Transmittal Examples in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 13+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs