An Invitation Letter is a way to welcome other people to a certain event such as a wedding, a birthday party, a graduation ball, or basically any form of event that would require the attendance of multiple if not numerous amounts of guests. An invitation letter can either be formal or informal (not formal) depending on the event and the planner of the event.
Allow me to give you a short summary of this article. This article aims to teach you the purpose, including its uses and functions, of an invitation letter and its format. Knowing these may help you plan out your next event and how to invite guests toward it.You may also see visa invitation lettersJob Invitation Letter Template in Word
Job Invitation Letter Template Sample
Restaurant Invitation Letter Template Sample
Job Invitation Letter Template
Retirement Party Invitation Letter Internal in iPages
Retirement Party Invitation Guest Template in Word
How to Make an Invitation Letter
As stated before, an invitation letter can be used as a formal invitation letter or an informal invitation letter, in which the purpose of each is specific but is somewhat similar. Here we can teach you how to design your very own invitation letter that would attract your readers into attending your event for sure. However, if you prefer to download a Letter Template on this website, then that would be the better choice. Now, for the ones who prefer to make their own or wishes to teach people how to make their own invitation letter, then follow the steps below:
1. Firstly, open your word application
As with any letter, you would need to open a word program so as to begin creating and editing your letter.
2. Input the date, name, and address of the person
Like any letter, you will need to input the name of the receiver, the address you will send it to, and the date of which the letter was made. This may seem redundant and hassling, but it is necessary so as to ensure that the letter is sent to the intended individual and not to someone else.You may also see invitation letters for US visa
Example of Formal Invitation Letters
Thank-You Letter for Business Customer Invitation
Business Visitor Visa Invitation Letter
Business Conference Invitation Letter
Example of Birthday Invitation Letters
Birthday Invitation Letter to Friend
Marriage Invitation Letters
Marriage Invitation Letter to Friends
Marriage Invitation Letter Form
Business Invitation Letters
Business Invitation Letter for Visa
Business Invitation Letter for an Event
Business Invitation Letter for Meeting
The body is the main point of a letter. It contains:
- The What – This defines as the purpose of the letter. It would contain the event title.
- The Why – This portion of the letter should state the general reason as to why the event is taking place. It is usually made in a way that would appeal to a person’s interest.You may also see celebration letters
- The How or the Where – This portion of the letter should indicate as to how the receiver of the letter is expected to reach the event destination and in what exact location it should be. This is useful in terms of informing individuals who have never been to the area on how to reach the place.You may also see event invitations.
- The When – This portion of the letter should contain the exact date and time the event would take place. This is useful in informing the receiver to clear up their schedule so as to be able to attend the event of which they are expected to join.You may also see visa sponsorship letters
4. Include pleasantries
- A formal greeting – This portion is always necessary. It is the first thing a person will read when they receive your letter. It is to show or display a sense of formality and manners.You may also see invitation thank-you letter
- Things guests should bring – This should be listed as some activities require you to bring your own materials. This sometimes occurs when the budget is not enough for the event.
- Attire – In certain events, it is required to wear a certain attire such as formal, semi-formal, casual, etc. In short, informing the guest on what to wear is to prevent blunders and misconceptions as to what the event is about.You may also see event sponsorship letters
- Expected duration of the event or activity – This is to allow the guest to both mentally and physically prepare themselves for how long they would need to stay so as to finish the event. This will ultimately judge the mood of your guest.You may also see letter formats.
5.Conclusion or closing line
A closing line that catches the reader’s attention and compels them to attend is always a bonus when it comes to writing an invitation letter. Examples of closing lines are:
- Attendance is required
- Your attendance is much appreciated
- Do not miss out on this opportunity to…
Example of Conference Invitation Letters
Conference Sponsorship Invitation Letter
Conference Speaker Invitation Letter
Distributor Conference Invitation Letter
Event Invitation Letters
Alumni Event Invitation Letter
Event Invitation Letter Sample
Reunion Invitation Letters
Class Reunion Meeting Invitation Letter
Alumni Reunion Invitation Letter
Interview Invitation Letter Examples
Job Interview Invitation Letter
Campus Interview Invitation Letter
What Are Some Types of Invitation Letters?
When we hear the word invitation we immediately begin to process that word and the idea of a party comes out. In most cases, this is true. An invitation is most often used to invite a person or persons to an event or activity. However, There are times where an invitation could mean the attendance of something serious such as funerals, wakes, etc. Listed below are some of the many forms of invitation letters that you can find on this site.You may also see visa sponsorship letters
1. Formal Invitation Letters
These types of letters are used when the recipient of the invitation letter is required to attend a formal event such as:
- a formal dinner party
- a wedding
- a Sunday mass
- a funeral
- basically, any event that would require you to wear formal attire
2. Wedding Invitation Letter
Is a type of formal invitation letter used to invite the reader to attend the marriage between two people. Since it is a formal invitation letter, there is a need to wear formal attire such as tuxedos for men and dresses for women.You may also see business meeting invitation letters.
3. Birthday Invitation Letters
This type of invitation letter is used to request the attendance of the reader to a birthday party. The attire that must be worn for this type of party can be formal or casual, depending on the celebrant’s preferences.You may also see affidavit of support letters
4. Business Invitation Letters or Conference Invitation Letters
This type of letter is used for the invitation of potential business partners to an event such as a meeting.
5. Event Invitation Letters
These are invitation letters used for demanding a person’s attendance to a specified event.You may also see employment letters.
6. Reunion Invitation Letters
This type of event invitation letter is used for the sole purpose of a reunion. A reunion is an act of gathering friends and family to a certain area so as to reminisce on former years.You may also see thank-you letter examples
7. Interview Invitation Letter
This is used when a person has applied for a certain company and is quite possibly close to being accepted, provided they are able to pass the interview.You may also see formal business letter format
8. Meeting Invitation Letters
Similar to the Reunion Invitation Letter or the Conference Invitation Letter, a conference is an act of gathering individuals for a confrontation of a certain event or topic.You may also see professional thank-you letter
9. Dinner Invitation Letters
Is used to invite people to a banquet or a dinner party.
10. Inauguration Invitation Letters
This type of invitation letter is used for the requesting of a graduate’s family members to attend their graduation, or an inauguration.You may also see acceptance letters
Meeting Invitation Letters
First Meeting Invitation Letter
Business Meeting Invitation Letter
Sample Meeting Invitation Letter
Dinner Invitation Letters
Dinner Invitation Letter to Guest
Farewell Dinner Invitation Letter
Inauguration Invitation Letters
Church Inauguration Invitation Letter
University Inauguration Invitation Letter
Invitation Letters for Visa
Business Invitation Letter for Visa
Invitation Letter Application for Visit Visa
Visitor Visa Request Invitation Letter Sample
Now that you are familiar with what an invitation letter is and what they are used for, and maybe even the format of an invitation letter, we are now able to create invitation letters that would be specific for each event, or better yet, just load one of our well-made invitation letter samples here on Sample Templates.You may also see email thank-you letter
An invitation letter nowadays seems pointless or redundant compared to just sending emails online. However, writing or making an invitation letter shows that you indeed care about the attendance of all the receivers of the invitation letters and that you are indeed trying your best to plan the event or activity to be as enjoyable as possible and to be as formal as possible as well.
It expresses the dedication and hard work the planner of the event has strove to achieve in the hopes that all their preparations and planning will be rewarded with something simple as the attendance of the recipients of the invitation letters. It is strange to note that the reward for the planner of the event or activity is something as simple as appreciation and recognition for their hard work, makes you want to send them an Appreciation Letter.
We are dedicated to providing you, our loyal Web searchers, well-made, properly formatted and laid out forms, letters, and documents for your convenience. All of our documents are indeed well-made and is easy to use. We also show methods of how you could create your own format with step-by-step instructions and guidelines. We are also dedicated to sharing information on the different uses of each document that are available here. Please feel free to continue browsing through our selections of professionally formatted documents at any time you see convenient.You may also see Thank You Letter Samples.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates
8+ Promotion Letters