Migrating to a new country is not as easy as it seems. You have to process a lot of documents and go through some hearings in order to legally transfer to that new country. One of the most common documents prepared during this process is a reference letter for immigration. The court and the government will use these letters to gauge if they possess good moral character—a character that will make the applicant qualified to migrate.ou may also see family reference letters
If you have been assigned or asked by someone to write a reference letter, you can refer to this article. We also have a couple of sample letters that you can use as a reference if ever you find yourself having a hard time coming up with a good immigration reference letter. Stay tuned and keep reading our tips.
Character Reference Letter for Immigration
Sample Work Reference Letter for Immigration Template
Immigration Reference Letter for a Family Member Template
Sample Immigration Reference Letter for a Friend Template
Personal Character Reference Letter for Immigration Template
Reference Letter for Immigration Purpose Example
Sample Employment Letter for Immigrant Visa Template
Character Reference Letter for Immigration Purposes Template
How to Write an Immigration Reference Letter
The reference letter you will be writing will serve as a support to the person’s good moral character. In writing one, you should make sure that you take an ample amount of time writing it. Make sure you choose your words carefully.
Follow this guide in order to come up with a good reference letter.
1. Make sure you know what the purpose of this reference letter is. Make sure you ask the requesting party what the letter is for.
2. Set up a meeting with the requesting party. Do not hesitate to schedule a meeting with the requestor. You can ask him to give you a checklist of points that need to be included and highlighted in the letter. You may also ask for a job resume, especially if the requestor is migrating for work-related reasons. Other supplementary documents can also help give you an idea about what you can write in the letter.
3. Refer to some samples. Take a look at the samples we have prepared. This will give you a better background about what you need to include in the letter and how these letters should look like.You may also see reference letters for friend
Starting to Write the Letter
1. Start with the date and the salutation.
Write down the date when you made the draft then follow it with a salutation. You may also start with a company letterhead or a company stationary if you are the boss of the requestor.
2. Give a brief introduction.
Introduce yourself to the reader.Include your name, profession, and a brief background about your relationship with the requestor. Also, include relevant dates, locations, and job titles.
3. Give them an idea about the applicant’s character traits.
Give specific examples of what the applicant is trying to prove to the immigration board. Make sure you keep in mind what the immigration reference letter is for. For example, you need to write about your friend getting married to a foreigner. Write a reference letter that will give proof that the romantic relationship between your friend and his/her lover is not forced. Another good example would be a requester who is planning to work abroad. Make sure you get to talk about his/her work ethic and how he/she as an employee. Just keep in mind that whatever will be the content of the letter is, keep all the examples you will give as concrete as possible.You may also see employment reference letters
4. Close strong.
Give a sincere and heartfelt recommendation.Again, relate your testimonies with the purpose of the recommendation letter.You may also see reference letters for coworker
5. Leave important contact details.
Leaving your primary contact details makes it easier for the immigration officer to get in touch with you and verify the things you said in your letter. State primary contact information such as mobile number, email address, and mailing address (if not included in the letterhead). You can even add a work phone number, especially if you were a previous employer of the requester or if it is a more convenient means of getting in touch with you.You may also see nursing reference letters
6. Affix your signature.
After the last paragraph, write a closing greeting such as “Sincerely,” and after two lines, type your name and affix your signature above your typed name.You may also see reference letters for job
Quick Tip: If you want your letter to be more concrete and more reliable, getting it notarized will help you out big time. Getting your letter notarized ensures that any doubt about your claims and your identity will be avoided or will be kept to a minimum.You may also see student reference letters.
Character Reference Letter for Immigration Example
Character Reference for Immigration Template
Sample Letters for Employer Support of Immigration Application Template
Employer Support of Immigration Application Letter Template
Marriage Reference Letter for Immigration Template
Remember that your letter should focus on two things: personal attributes and contributions. Read through the following to have an idea about what to focus on:
1. If the requester is migrating for employment reasons, talk about his/her economic value and how he/she would be a good addition to the economy of the new location. You can also talk about his/her hobbies that make him/her unique.You may also visit Email Reference Letter Templates.
2. If the requester is migrating for a relationship, talk about what you know about the relationship. Be honest as possible.You may check Manager Reference Letter.
3. If the requester is migrating with his/her family, talk about the importance of keeping the family together and how being away from the family can have an impact on the requester’s performance when he/she starts working abroad.
A character reference letter is one of the tools that immigration officers use as a means of gauging whether the requester will be allowed to go out of the country or otherwise. With the correct choice of words and referring to the reference letter samples we have, you are sure to end up with a good letter.
FREE 30+ Sample of Termination Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Teaching Cover Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 32+ Appreciation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Self-Recommendation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Job Acceptance Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 27+ Sample Invitation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 21+ Sample Transfer Request Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Contractor Letter of Intent Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Notice To Vacate Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 29+ Sample Letter of Interests in PDF | MS Word
FREE 55+ Sample Invitation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs
FREE 26+ Sample HR Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Salary Negotiation Letter Templates in MS Word
FREE 16+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 35+ Sample Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF