Thank you is the most rewarding thing that you can get for doing something for someone. We always hear a lot of people say thank you for a lot of different things. This just shows that there are a lot of things to be thankful for. When you feel thankful toward someone, it leaves a special mark in your heart, mind, and whole being that even with conveying how you felt the great feeling stays with you. So when you say thank you, you radiate the awesome feeling to the person you are giving it to. You may also see sample personal thank-you letters
Expressing your thanks to a person who has done something for you just shows how wonderful human communication can be. Today, there has been a lot of recorded ways on how one can express their thanks to another, and that is through writing thank-you letters. There are different types of thank-you letters that have been created and written through the ages, but we will only be focusing on one that is also important and it is none other than a thank-you letter for a recommendation.
Sample Thank-You Letter for Recommendation
Sample Thank-You Letter for Internship Recommendation
Basic Thank-You Letter for Recommendation
Sample Thank-You Letter for Recommendation for College
Post-Internship Recommendation Thank-You Letter
Why Do You Need to Write a Thank-You Letter for a Recommendation?
A recommendation letter is written by a person who knows the skills, capabilities, and qualifications of another person to help them with their job application, scholarship application, or loan application. In order to get a recommendation letter from a particular someone, you will need to write a formal letter requesting for it. If that person agrees then they will be the one to tell the company or school that you are applying for about what kind of person you are and your good points. This should make things easier for you and gives you an advantage over the other applicants. This is how a recommendation backs you up.
When you request something from someone, it is just right that you thank them for doing so. This is basically the main reason why you need to write a thank-you letter for that recommendation. By writing a thank-you letter, you not only tell them how grateful you are for doing them a really wonderful favor. You also make the person feel happy and proud that they were of help to you. You will make them feel that the time they spent writing the letter was worth it after all. That is why you should never ever forget to write a thank-you letter to the person who wrote a recommendation letter for you or to any person who has helped you.
Parts of a Letter
Regardless of what type of letter it is, it will always have five main parts. These parts are known as the heading, the salutation, the body of the letter, the complimentary close, and the signature line. It is important to learn about these parts because they can help you write any type of letter you may be required to write. You may also like sample interview thank you letters
This part of the letter is always positioned on the topmost part in bold. The header should include the contact details of the person who is sending the letter. The necessary contact details that should be included are the name, address, and contact details of the sender which could either be an individual or company. You may also check out thank you letter for scholarship samples
The date on the letter should be the date when the letter is going to be sent and not necessarily the date when it was written. It is also important to remember not to abbreviate anything in this part. The month should be written in full and the year should have all four digits in it. The commonly used format of writing the date is April 2, 2018. You may also see letter of recommendation in word
The address that you will need to write on your letter is the recipient’s address. This part of the letter usually consists of three to four lines. The first line is where the recipient’s name and title should be written. The second line should be where their company name is written, and the last line should be their company’s address and contact details. An example is provided below:
John Smith, Director of Sales
The Milk Tea Company
789 Hillside Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55101
Let’s say that this is officially the start of your letter. There are different salutations that you can use depending on the information you have at hand. If you do not know the name or title of the person you are writing the letter to, it is best to use the salutation “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:”; it should always be punctuated with a colon. If you know the name and title of the person you are writing the letter to, then you may use the salutation “Dear Mr. Smith.” You may also like thank you letters for donation samples
This is where you can find the reason why the letter is being written. The body of the letter consists mainly of three paragraphs. The first paragraph is where the writer does a self-introduction and states the purpose of the letter. The second paragraph is where the necessary details are written. It is like a discussion of what the writer wants to convey to the recipient. The third paragraph is a summary of all that has been written on the letter so far and often include general statements that denote offering help to the recipient if they need to.
6. Complimentary Close
Also called a closing remark, this is where the writer officially ends the letter and says goodbye. The most commonly used phrases are “Sincerely yours,” “Yours truly,” and “Best regards.”
7. Signature Line
After the complementary close is the signature line where the sender writes their complete name and affixes their signature on top of heir name.
Learning about the basic parts of a letter is made easier with the use of letter samples and templates, like referral thank-you letter samples and templates, sample thank-you letter template to boss, and sample sponsor thank-you letter. All this and more can be found on our website.
Editable Thank-You Letter for Job Recommendation
Formal Thank-You Letter for Recommendation
Free Thank-You Letter Sample for Teacher Recommendation
Thank-You Letter to Professor for Recommendation
Sample Thank-You Letter for Business Recommendation
How to Write a Thank-You Letter
Now that you know the basic parts of a letter, you should be ready to make your own thank-you letter. It is pretty easy. You don’t have to be well-versed with writing letters. The format of your letter depends on what type of thank-you letter you write and to whom you will be sending it to. Below are some easy to follow steps that you can use to help you make your own recommendation thank-you letter.
1. Who will you be sending the letter to? This is the first step that you need to do because it will help you decide if you need to make a formal letter or not. If you need to thank a professor for writing a recommendation letter for you, then it is just right that you make a formal thank-you letter. It is still fine to write a formal letter to a close friend or to your supervisor at work who seems like family to you, but it nice to write a friendly letter to them over a formal one.
2. Next, gather the needed information to form your letter. These information include the recipient’s name, address, and contact details.
3. Make a draft or outline of your letter before you write a finalized version. This is where you initially write all the contents of your letter from the header down to the signature line. If you are having difficulty with writing the main body of the letter, you can check out free thank-you letter samples and templates online but do not copy it. A personalized thank-you message is still the best message you can write for the person you are giving your thanks to.
4. Also use the parts of the letter above as your reference so that you will know what to include in your letter and ensure that you have all the parts written correctly.
5. Once you are done with your draft, you will then need to prepare the actual document where you will be writing your letter. You can have your letter handwritten, typewritten, or computerized depending on your preference.
6. After making the preparations like adding a margin, deciding on the layout, font size, and font style, you will need to transfer what you have written on your draft to the actual sheet. You may also see boyfriend thank-you letter samples
7. When you have completed the transfer, review your work making sure that it makes sense and is coherent.
8. Check for any spelling and grammar errors so that your work will look like it has been made with love and care. This is also where you can make any changes and revisions. You may also like letters of recommendation for student download for free
9. If you are satisfied with your work, you can go ahead and have it saved and printed. Then put it in a white envelope and send it to the person it is intended to. Don’t forget to write your address and the recipient’s address on the envelope before dropping it to the post office. You may also check out sample thank-you letter to recruiter
Tips for Writing Better Thank-You Letters
Tips are very helpful, especially when you are trying to make something better than you usually do. You don’t really need to push yourself too hard. You just need to know a few tips to help you with what you are doing. So here are some tips for writing better thank-you letters.
1. Write your letter as neatly as possible. This is one of the first few things that will be easily noticed. It also gives a good impression about you and the letter.
2. Follow the appropriate letter format. Even informal letters have its own format. Using the right letter format or suggested letter format for your work makes it look presentable and easy to read. You might want to check out some thank-you letter format samples we have available.
3. Make sure that you have the correct spelling and names of the people you want to thank in your letter. It’s awfully embarrassing to write to someone whose name you don’t even know. Writing the wrong name will make you sound insincere.
4. Set the same margin size for all sides of your letter so that it will look framed and professional.
5. Always make it a habit to do a spelling check and proofread your work. This is so that you can make sure that you have no spelling and grammar errors that might end up getting criticized because you did not pay attention to it. You may also see sample thank you letter templates to boss
6. As much as possible, computerize your letter because it will look neat and clean without you even trying hard. It also gives you control over what font style to use that will still make it look presentable.
7. Use thank-you letter samples that are available to you, but do not copy everything you see in it. A personalized thank-you message, no matter how short, will always be better. You may also like thank you for your support letters
8. Practice a lot and learn to do what is right. If you seriously want to be come good at it, you just need to practice writing thank-you letters, making sure that each one of them is different from the other.
Need more samples for your thank-you letter writing reference? No problem! We have a variety of samples that you can choose from on our website. A few examples are referral thank-you letter samples and templates, and interview thank-you letter samples. They are also available in different file formats. Check them out now!
9+ Sample Formal Thank You Letters
9+ Sample Post Interview Thank You Letters
7+ Boyfriend Thank-You Letter Samples
6+ Sample Nursing Interview Thank-You Letter
6+ Thank You Letters for Gifts
6+ Sample Thank You Letter to Teacher
5+ Sample Thank-You Letter for Promotion
34+ Sample Formal Letter Formats
11+ Thank You Letter to Teacher
10+ Sample Thank You Certificate Templates
8+ Personal Letter Formats
9+ Sample Thank you Notes
7+ Sample Thank You Resignation Letters
6+ Sample Thank You Note to Boss
Thank-You Letters for References and Recommendations