Letters of complaint come in different forms and with different purposes for different situations. If you want to complain about an employee who lied to you, the best way to do it would be to write a letter of complaint to their manager or immediate supervisor.
Here we have gathered 21+ Complaint Sample Letters in PDF to make your work easier. There are a lot different samples to choose from. If you like you can get them all. They are also prepared in PDF format so that it will be easy for you to print them. So what are you waiting for? Download now!
Restaurant Complaint Letter Template
Free Complaint Letter Against Employee
Free Complaint Letter to Landlord
Consumer Complaint Letters
Consumer Complaint Example
Consumer Form Complaint
Consumer Affairs Complaint
Elements of a Complaint
1. A heading and its corresponding caption should be written on the top part of your letter.
2. The statement of facts serves as a proof that the complaint is true and not made up by the complainant.
3. The description is an element of a complaint where the words used in the complaint are described or defined.You may also see grievance letters
4. The type of injury that was acquired because of the incident that was being complained should be stated in the letter.
5. The jurisdiction and venue sets the limit or boundary of where the complaint can be submitted and the court where the hearing will be held.You may also see free sample complaint letters
6. Parties refer to the complainant and the person being complained.
7. The cause of action would be the reason why the complainant filed a complaint and then brought it to court.
8. The demand of relief or the remedy. It is the solution that you want to have the complaint taken care of.You may also see official letter formats
Business Complaint Letters in PDF
Formal Business Complaint
Complaint Letter from Business to Business
Business Letter Complaint Middle School Lesson
Complaint Letters in PDF
Formal Complaint Template
Sample Complaint Format
Complaint Letter Example
What Are the Reasons for Our Complaints?
We complain for some reason. Some complain about life, others complain about work, and still others complain about senseless stuff just because they want to. So here are some reasons why people complain. You may also see Sample Formal Complaint Letters and Sample Business Complaint Letters.
1. Most complaints are about faulty products or defective products that they have purchased.
2. Aside from faulty products, we also find it unsatisfactory to be provided with bad service or bad customer service.
3. We tend to complain about how we get treated, either personally or though a customer service representative over the phone.You may also see professional letter Formats
4. We complain about discounts, promos, and advertisements that are not what they say they are.
5. We complain if a certain service person or employee is rude to us or if they are not paying attention.You may also see apology letters.
6. We complain if we encounter issues that no one seems to resolve or that no one knows if there is a resolution.
7. We complain about billing issues, especially if we get overcharged or charged for something we did not even use. It is just so disappointing to pay for something we did not use. We feel strongly about this because we work hard to earn money.You may also see consumer complaint forms.
8. People complain about internet connection problems. This is now becoming a big deal since almost all businesses utilize the internet. People would often say that they are losing millions because their internet connection is down.
9. We have complaints about landline or cell phone reception problems.You may also see letter formats.
10. We complain about cable TV problems.
Police Complaint Letters in PDF
Complaint to Police Station
Police Complaint Format
Example Police Complaint Authority
Formal Complaint Letters
Formal Flight Complaint
Formal Holiday Complaint
Formal Apartment Complaint
Airline Complaint Letters
Sample Complaint to Airline
What to Do to Write a Letter of Complaint?
If you are planning to write a letter of complaint, these 21+ complaint letters in PDF will be able to help you with what you need. But if you want to use them as reference, you can go ahead and do so. In addition, we have also prepared a few good-to-know things about writing a letter of complaint. We also have sample scholarship recommendation letters and sample resignation letters available.
1. Every problem has a solution. So if you have a compliant, try to talk it out with the people who are in charge. If after this attempt you still don’t get a proper resolution, then your next resort is writing a letter of complaint to the owner.
2. Start your letter with writing the header on top. It should be clear and visible. This is to indicate that your letter should be given appropriate attention.
3. Use a formal letter style in writing your letter. A block format or style is preferred when writing formal letters, like a letter of complaint. Take note of the text alignment and the line spacing.
4. You should know where and who to complain because you will need to write down the name, address, and designation of the person or company you will be writing the complaint to.You may also see formal request letters.
5. Provide clear and concise details about the issue you are complaining about. If it is about an unsatisfactory service, then point out what made you feel unsatisfied with. Provide the name of the place, the people who are involved, and the time of the incident. Also include any of their attempts to resolve your complaint on that day. If you have any documents that can help you prove your complaint, then you may have it attached.You may also see claim letters.
6. State the length of time that you are willing to wait for their response or resolution. You may also demand for a resolution that you want for the problem. Keep in mind that although your complaint is important, it is always best to be realistic at all times. Providing resolution to a complaint also undergoes process.You may also see job rejection letters.
7. Avoid writing about nasty things, slang, or swear words. Think first if it helps you resolve the problem. If not, then it is not worth writing. Also, the person you are writing to is not the one at fault, but they may be the one who can help you resolve the problem.You may also see salary proposal letters.
8. Anger is not an excuse to write and use foul words. You should always keep your letter as professional as possible. Remember that you are writing a formal letter.
9. You should secure copies of important documents if you have any. They might come handy when they are needed.
10. Since you are complaining and want to be contacted for a resolution, it is just right that you provide your preferred contact information, like your cell phone number or email address.You may also see service letter formats.
11. Make sure that you ask for a signature upon receipt of the letter as proof that they have received your letter on that specific date. It can be used in case the company denies receiving your letter.You may also see witness letter samples.
Airline Lost Luggage Complaint
Food Complaint Letters in PDF
Food Product Complaint
Food Customer Complaint
Complaint Letters in PDF
Complaint Layout in PDF
What You Need to Include in Your Letter of Complaint
1. A letter of complaint is a formal letter, thus you should use a formal letter writing style or the block format. If you don’t know what they are, you can check our Formal Letter Formats and formal letter examples.
2. Your letter should have a header, the date, the name, address, and contact details of the person or department your letter is going to.
3. Just like any other letter, your letter of complaint should contain a greeting or a closing or conclusion. Your greeting may be a standard greeting or you can personalize it by using the last name of the person who is going to receive your letter if you know them. For business letters, it is okay to close your letter with your printed name and signature. You may also use “sincerely yours” and such.You may also see business letters.
4. The introduction part or the opening paragraph of your letter is where you introduce a few details about yourself. A brief summary of your complaint should also be stated here. This is how the reader will get initial information about your complaint or what the problem is all about. This part should be stated clearly and concisely.You may also see business introduction letters.
5. After the introduction would be the rest of the body of the letter. This is the part where you will write in detail everything that happened in your complaint. It should include information like the date, place, time, the people who were involved, how it happened, name of product, model, brand, serial number, color, quantity, the specific problem of the product or service, and so on. The details you need to include should be based on the type of complaint that you have. Make sure that you don’t miss out on anything.You may also see free letters.
6. People complain because they want a resolution or they want something done to fix the problem, whether in the form of compensation or apology. If the complaint is proven to be true and is accepted by the person the complaint is about, then appropriate action should be taken by the management or company. It could be a replacement for the faulty or defective product or a letter of apology for a bad service. If the complaint is proven to be false, the management should let the complainant know in a good way that the complaint is not eligible.You may also see demand letters.
7. A conclusion should also be included in your letter of complaint. You should make things clear to them about what you will be expecting. This is also a way to close your letter.
8. You should also tell them in your letter of complaint how long you will be waiting for their reply and the resolution to the problem. You can provide your contact details so that they can contact you for additional information or resolve the problem with you.You may also see formal business letters.
FREE 5+ Contractor Letter of Intent Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Notice To Vacate Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 29+ Sample Letter of Interests in PDF | MS Word
FREE 55+ Sample Invitation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs
FREE 26+ Sample HR Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Salary Negotiation Letter Templates in MS Word
FREE 16+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 35+ Sample Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 24+ Sample Retirement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Resignation Letter for Family Reasons in Apple Pages | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 30+ Sample Quotation Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 31+ Sample Thank You Letters for Appreciation in PDF | Google Docs | MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 16+ Sample Business Invitation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Recommendation Letter for Colleague in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs