A payroll officer is tasked to provide payroll services to the company where he or she is working at by creating reports that are accurate and based on the data that are being given by different departments that are involved in the creation of a payroll report.
Payroll officers need to provide their services in terms of calculating and processing all payroll transactions to provide correct results to all the employees of the company. They are tasked to prepare and present all the payroll needs of the employees at a specific period of time. Other Job Description Samples aside from the job description of a payroll officer are available for download.
Sample Senior Payroll Officer Job Description
Payroll and Benefits Officer Job Description
HR Payroll Officer Job Description Example
Finance & Payroll Officer Job Description
Can I Be a Payroll Officer?
If you want to be a payroll officer, here are a few qualifications that you need to have:
- an academic attainment that is related to payroll services and/or the standards that are being set by the company;
- experiences in payroll services and different transactions that are related to it;
- knowledge on computer functions and systems that are used in the payroll creation;
- ability to organize all the data that are needed to be summed up to come up with the needed payroll details for a specific period of time;
- analytical skills are strictly needed as there are items and transactions that you need to review to assure that they are properly included in the payroll systems;
- you should be a people person and is willing to have conversations with different employees from various departments of the company with regards to the payroll that they are to receive; and
- you need to have the technical skills that are needed for payroll activities, especially accounting skills and knowledge that are usually applied in your line of work.
Other than our Payroll Job Descriptions, you may also download our HR Payroll Job Descriptions.
Payroll Administration Officer Job Description
Payroll Officer Job Description in PDF
Payroll Officer Job Description Example
Sample Payroll Officer Job Description in PDF
Key Contacts for Payroll Transactions
The people that the payroll officer needs to closely work with are the following:
- the owners of the business or the head of the company,
- the managers and supervisors of different department and divisions of the business,
- the employees who have a concern with their payroll, and
- the accounting and finance department.
Having a smooth working relationship with these entities will allow the payroll officer to do his or her functions properly and accurately.
Job Functions of a Payroll Officer
Here are a few job functions that a payroll officer is tasked to deliver in the workplace:
- assist the company in all the activities that are needed to be done for the payroll services;
- assist in all the clerical and administrative functions of the company;
- assure the efficiency of the payroll services that are being provided to the involved stakeholders of the company;
- do office tasks, which includes filing of documents, processing of transactions, and recording all the items that are needed for specific reporting schedules and activities; and
- compile all the reports that are given by different departments of the company to assure the cohesion of data that is used in payroll processing.
Aside from our payroll officer job descriptions, we can also provide you with Payroll Specialist Job Descriptions.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples