Any organization that hires employees must need an efficient payroll accountant to ensure that payment of salaries are delivered in a timely manner as well as analyzing the key factors that can influence the payroll system.
If you are looking to hire one in your company, you may refer from our collection of payroll accountant Job Description Samples. Scroll down below and download the job description that satisfies your organizational/payroll needs.
Sample Senior Payroll Accountant Job Description
Payroll Tax Accountant Job Description Example
Payroll Accountant Job Description in PDF
Payroll Staff Accountant Job Description Format
What Is Payroll?
Payroll is the process by which employees receive their salary. Payroll also extends its definition to the multitude of processes that are influential in the determination of the amount of salaries.
Payroll necessarily involves a lot of tasks or duties and the key tasks to be accomplished by the payroll department are the following:
- calculating the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc.;
- processing tax deductions and other government-mandated deductions;
- managing employee benefits;
- ensuring that the employees receive their salaries on time; and
- managing special situations that call for special kinds of pay such as maternity pay, sickness pay, vacation pay, etc.
What Is a Payroll Accountant?
A payroll accountant is the person who is concerned with analyzing the salient factors that affects the payroll system while constantly enhancing the payroll processes in order to increase payroll department’s efficiency. Unlike a normal payroll clerk whose tasks may solely involve the actual distribution and preparation of payroll to the employees, a payroll accountant concerns himself with the documentation and with the analysis of payroll reports while coordinating with managers/directors in order to make the necessary adjustments in payroll.
For more information about the payroll accountant position, download our templates on this link or you may refer to our huge collections of Payroll Job Descriptions and HR Payroll Job Descriptions.
Payroll Accountant Job Description Sample in PDF
Payroll Accountant Job Duties Description
Payroll Accountant Job Description Example
Specific Functions of a Payroll Accountant
- Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit.
- Performs account reconciliation and analysis while ensuring supporting documentation is accurate and in compliance with both the company policies and state laws.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate payroll policies and payroll processes while assessing whether or not there’s a need for any systematic enhacements in order to increase the payroll efficiency.
- Assists in developing reporting processes, procedures, and internal controls for the purpose of maintaining the efficient flow of financial processes.
- Prepares, analyzes, and implements payroll transactions on a timely manner such as payments of hours worked, personal time off, employee benefits, application of benefit deductions, etc.
- Prepare and analyzes periodic payroll reports, payroll schedules, and payroll-related memorandums and standards basing on established policies, procedures, and guidelines in a timely manner.
- Studies the laws on taxes regarding payroll.
- Monitors and constantly updates the benefits, compensations, and deductions of employee’s wages in accordance with newly promulgated tax laws or any other payroll-related statutes.
- Analyzes past payroll reports, statements, records, together with employee behavior and performance (whether or not it is directly affected by their salaries, benefits, etc,) and create new methods or alter old ones in order to improve the payroll process.
For more reference, check out our Payroll Administrator Job Descriptions.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples