A single search for “accounting internships” generates so many openings and job vacancies. In 2014, statistics report that accounting services in the United States generated over 90 billion US dollars. The following year, its top four accounting firms Deloitte, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Ernst & Young, and KPMG combined had employed about 818 thousand individuals, and there are over 138 thousand more firms in the United States alone.
It is thus important for your accounting firm to stand out and to draw in the most competitive candidates. Compiled below are Job Description Samples to guide you in the creation and presentation of the most compelling internship opportunities.
Intern Job Description Template
Tax Accounting Intern Job Description Sample
Accounting Assistant Intern Job Description
Cost Accounting Clerk Job Description Example
Accounting and Finance Intern Job Description
Offering internships to accounting undergraduates is a good way for any firm to potentially increase their pool of competitive and talented accounting affiliates. On the other end, taking on-the-job training at prominent accounting firms is a priceless starter for any undergraduate’s unfolding career in the industry.
There are many branches of accounting. These include
- financial accounting,
- managerial accounting,
- cost accounting,
- tax accounting fiduciary accounting,
- and forensic accounting, among others. As shown in these samples, write on your job descriptions the branches that your accounting firm offers or specializes in.
Formatting Accounting Internship Job Descriptions
Use your firm’s official letterhead, and be sure to keep all the contents in your job description to two pages at the most. Take the samples on this post as your reference.
Parts of an Accounting Internship Job Description
In order, these are the typical elements contained in accounting internship job descriptions:
- The overview. Provide for a general introduction on what kind of role interns will potentially play under your firm.
- The firm introduction. Give a background of your accounting firm: its current status, its line of work, and its achievement or awards, if any.
- This is not a section to copy and paste the actual unifying mission and vision statements of your firm. These are the mission statement and vision statements to your firm’s internship program; its objectives and aims, and what it hopes to achieve.
- The duties of the intern.Enumerate and expound in detail all the duties and responsibilities that interns will take on.
- The qualifications for internship.This includes the minimum GPA or grade point average, along with other required skills and qualifications.
- The working period.Indicate how long the internship program will take and how many hours an intern will have to render for every working day.
- The salary.If any. Not all firms offer compensation for internship, although others do extend stipends, allowances, and reimbursements.
The Work of Accounting Interns
Interns will work under the supervision and mentorship of your affiliates and associates. Their work usually revolves around the following:
- creating financial statements,
- observing during projects and client meetings,
- handling balance sheets and reports,
- manning database and software,
- research and documentation, and
- other tasks assigned to them by their supervisors.
At an advanced level, to hire graduated, certified accountants to your firm, see these Accounting Job Description Samples
Accounting Intern Job Description
Forensic Accounting Intern Job Description
General Accounting Intern Job Description
Sample Accounting Intern Job Description
Accounting Operations Intern Job Description
Accounting Interns versus Accounting Clerks
Quite simply, accounting interns are temporary employees at firms, rendering service for 12 months at the most, whereas accounting clerks are permanent, rank-and-file employees. Accounting clerks basically record, manage, and study accounting records. To expound on what their duties are, see these Accounting Clerk Job Description Samples.
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF