All positions require a description of what the tasks to be performed by the employee or potential candidates for the job. Job descriptions are brief and straightforward statements that describe the duties and responsibilities of a certain job position. These are typically used in job postings and advertisements in order to attract applicants. These also help employers evaluate whether employees are adhering to what is assigned to them.
The Job Description Samples presented here demonstrate job descriptions of various professions. These templates are ready for download and printing and may serve as guide in writing resumes and cover letters when searching for a particular job or for writing job postings.
General Office Intern Job Description Sample
General Marketing Intern Job Description
General Public Relations Intern Job Description
General Project Management Intern Job Description
General HR Intern Job Description Example
Job descriptions are necessary for most people who are working or are searching for work. They are written in order to let employees or potential candidates have a clear understanding of his/her role in the workplace, is essential in managing the workforce in the organization, and it helps set the expectations between an employer and an employee.
Benefits of Writing Job Descriptions
Nowadays, job descriptions are not only used for screening potential candidates for a position. They can also be used for various functions. The following are just some of its uses:
- They assure alignment of an employee’s duties with company’s goals.
- They help determine areas that need improvement.
- They can be a basis for employee performance evaluation.
- They can be used as reference for an employee’s disciplinary issues.
- They can be used as basis for compensation packages.
Elements of Job Descriptions
In order to understand a job description, details must not be left out. This is to ensure that the employee or applicant knows what role he/she is committing to or is held accountable for.
- The job title – This describes the position being held by an employee or is the position an applicant/candidate is applying for.
- The assigned location – Job descriptions state whether the employee or candidate will be assigned in a local office or in another city, state, or country.
- The description of the job title – This is where the key areas of responsibility are emphasized.
- Job requirements and qualifications – This describes what are the skills, experience, and educational background that are deemed necessary to perform the job.
- Working conditions – This describes the schedule, hazards, or workplace environment.
You may also see General Manager Job Description Samples.
General Social Media Intern Job Description
General Accounting Intern Job Description
General Production Intern Job Description in PDF
General Business Management Intern Job Description
General Audit Intern Job Description
Having job descriptions is key to making sure that duties and roles in the workplace are clearly understood. It becomes a guideline for employees to perform what has been assigned to them with minimal supervision.
There is no standard format to be used when writing job descriptions, but using these templates can help you save time. A well-written and updated job description is key to keeping a company or organization organized and functioning well. With this, aligning your employees with the company’s vision, mission, and goals would not be a daunting process and will help you spell success.
You may also refer to Business Administration Job Description Samples.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples