An IT intern is a specific type of intern who is tasked with assisting the IT department or with performing all IT-related tasks such as troubleshooting computer software, updating software, eliminating computer virus, etc.
If you are thinking about hiring one, then it is best that you make your intern aware of his/her responsibilities by referring to a job description. For you convenience, we have a collection of easily downloadable IT intern Job Description Samples for you to choose from.
Intern Job Description Template
Generic Intern Job Description Template
Free Information Technology Operations Manager Job Description Template
Sample IT Support Specialist Intern Job Description
IT Intern Specialist Job Description Example
IT Help Desk Seasonal Intern Job Description to Download
Volunteer IT Intern Job Description in PDF
Job Description for Medical Information Technology Intern
Responsibilities of an IT Intern
- Act as first responder as employees/staff of the company encounter problems with any information technology-related task, usually dealing with local workstations, printers, mobile devices (smartphones), and network shares.
- Prepare computers for employees including setting up new computers, clearing data off previously used computer, and preparing them for use by another user.
- Contact appropriate third-party vendors for part replacements and/or make appointments repairs by a technician.
- Clean workstations of malicious software, such as viruses, spyware, etc.
- Perform research on unresolved issues relating to all aspects of the department.
- Install applications and educate employees software and hardware specific to their job.
- Lifting and transporting of equipment of various weight and bulk.
- Support the IT team in the maintenance of computer hardware, software, ad other systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with IT equipment including printers, computers, tablets, cell phones, as well as software applications.
- Assist in the setting up of newly hired employees with their assigned computer/laptop.
- Assist with backing up data and data archiving.
- Participate in emergency callout and after-hours IT support.
- Troubleshoot hardware as well as software applications.
- Maintains the functionality of computer systems.
- Update hardware and software applications regularly/weekly.
- Assist in integrating new systems and applications into existing systems and networks.
- Assist in the administration of system security and institute periodic security check.
For more reference, download the samples available on this page or click on the following link:
Free IT Technician Intern Job Description
Information Technology Administrative Intern Job Description
IT Intern Job Description Responsibilities Sample
IT Intern Job Description Format
Printable IT Intern Job Description
Importance of Hiring an IT Intern
In this modern era, where technology is rapidly advancing, businesses and corporations have jumped into the smart bandwagon of optimizing the use of technology and computer software in making their business operations flow with ease. Software are being created to cater to specific business needs.
Be it for record-keeping, archiving, marketing analysis, budget planning all of these areas have a corresponding software that can be used. It is for this reason that no matter how small a company is, there is a need for an IT staff who will manage and maintain all IT-related problems.
In larger companies, there exist a specific department filled with staff who are tasked solely to attend to any IT-related concerns. In smaller companies however, only one or two of these staff are needed. Sometimes, when there is a need to budget a company’s finances, especially when it is still a start-up one, it is understandable that these companies will opt to do away with hiring a professional. Instead, they hire an IT intern to perform all IT-related tasks.
An internship is a mutual relationship between employer and intern because the employer (company) will benefit by having the intern perform tasks while not paying him/her the regular employee wage. On the other hand, the intern will benefit by gaining experience in the field that he/she intends to pursue a career in after graduation.
For more job descriptions, you may also be interested in our collection of Webmaster Job Description Samples.
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF