Have you ever wondered how celebrities seem to always have that perfect hair every time they are on the red carpet? Or even when they are caught by the cameras sporting a just-got-out-of-bed look yet they still manage to have healthy-looking, glossy hair? Well, this is all because of the help of quality hair care products and having a regular visit to a competent hairstylist.
If you are an owner or a manager of a hair salon, or if you are organizing a film production project that requires the hands of a hairstylist, then you need to make sure that you carefully pick the person to fill in this role. For your guidance, you may refer to our easily downloadable collection of hairstylist Job Description Samples.
Sample Hairstylist Job Description
Hair Salon Stylist Job Description Example
Junior Hairstylist Job Description Format
Hair Salon Assistant Manger Job Description
Responsibilities of a Hairstylist
There are various tasks that a hairstylist are made to perform depending on the nature of the business and industry that hired his/her hairstyling skills. Oftentimes, a hairstylist would work in hair salons. A salon hairstylist has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the clients who are scheduled for hair appointments will receive satisfactory service in a timely manner.
- Compute the amount to be charged for the service/s the clients have availed and consequently ensures that payment for services are collected before the client leaves the premises.
- Ensures that the salon is clean and orderly.
- Maintains the cleanliness of hair care equipment such as curling irons, hair-straightening iron, hair dryers, etc.
- Washes thoroughly shampoo bowls, spa bowls, etc.
- Ensures that the linens used on a regular basis such as hair towels, capes, etc., are sterilized and washed regularly.
- Maintains the overall aesthetic interior and exterior appearance of the hair salon by wiping mirrors, seats, manicure tables, etc.
- Ensures that hairstyling equipment are organized and stacked in appropriate shelves or containers.
- Ensure customer’s hair care needs are identified.
- Gives customer advice on what specific treatment or hairstyling procedure to avail in order to maximize the results of his/her hair care process.
- Ensure that relevant infection prevention and control procedures are followed at all times.
- Inform salon manager/owner of any problems that may pose a risk to client’s health, safety, and well-being.
For more information about this position, download our templates on this page now! If you are on the other end of the recruitment process—meaning, you intend to apply for a hairstylist position—then you will benefit the most by using our Sample Hair Stylist Resumes. Click on the link provided!
Hairstylist Saloon Coordinator Job Description
Hairdresser Job Description Sample
Hairstylist Instructor Job Description
Lead Hairstylist Job Description in PDF
Hair Salon Manager Job Description
Additional Responsibilities of a Hairstylist
- Ensure that the good reputation of the salon is being upheld at all times by himself/herself and his/her team members/coworkers.
- Maintain the confidentiality of customer’s information.
- Adhere to all the policies and rules enforced by the company as well as subscribe to the ethical standards of the hairstyling craft.
- Carry out other salon-related tasks that the manager assigns.
- Attend upgradings, hairstyling trainings, or hair care course work in order to improve his/her hairstyling skills, techniques, and methods.
- Keep updated on new hairstyling trends by visiting hairstyling websites, observing hair trends, reading magazines, etc.
Want more job description samples for your future needs? Scour this website for various Sample Job Descriptions.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples