Any office or company will benefit from the presence of an intern who assists in all the detail-oriented and even heavier tasks of the company’s business operations. It is for this reason that interns are being accepted to train in companies.
If you are the human resource manager or business owner, then you will benefit the most by making your intern aware of his/her job functions by referring to a standard job description.In response to this need, we have collected a variety of intern Job Description Samples that are easy to download. Scroll down below and start downloading!
Intern Job Description Template
Marketing Office Intern Job Description
Office Assistant Intern Job Description
Office Manager Intern Job Description in PDF
Responsibilities of an Office Intern
- Learn and master internal operations, including but not limited to accounting, event planning, finance, human resources, payroll, marketing, relationship building, customer service, sales, daily operations, etc.
- Identify areas for process improvement
- Make recommendations to leadership for streamlining systems and processes
- Create and maintain databases, including receiving responsibilities and managing databases for events and groups
- Research and compile data: news stories, contact information, and other related records
- Helps build sales, merchandising, financial, and inventory management
- Project management responsibilities
- Motivate a team to improve performance and optimize customer experiences
- Performs other administrative and business management tasks assigned
- Research and implement solutions for enhanced efficiency
- Provide general administration assistance and support
- Manage and maintain social media websites
For more job descriptions, check out our Auditor Job Description Samples.
Sample Office Intern Job Description
Public Relations Intern Job Description
Business Management Office Intern Job Description
Unpaid Office Intern Job Description Format
Part-Time Office Assistant Intern Job Description
What Is an Internship?
An internship is a job training in which an undergraduate student is made to undergo for a period of usually 3–6 months. This particular job training is unpaid, meaning the intern who works for a company, government agency, or any entity does not receive a salary for his/her service. The justification for this is the fact that an intern, having no previous experience of the job, may have varying usefulness in terms of furthering the organization’s/company’s goals.
Importance of Internship to Students
During an internship, the student-intern is expected to do the following:
- transform the theoretical knowledge that he/she has learned from his course into practical and perceivable sets of skills,
- establish a self-made ethical compass in dealing with other professionals in the workplace/the place he/she is training,
- adapt to the organizational structure of the company,
- adhere to the rules of conduct mandated,
- develop a strong and commendable work ethic,
- take initiative in the internship by thinking of ways to add value to the company or to further the company’s goals and visions, and
- report to his/her intern adviser regarding the progress of his/her internship.
Based on the abovementioned expectations of a student-intern, it is clear how essential internship is in the student’s learning process of the course work he/she is studying. Internship can help students gain more practical knowledge of the working arena. They become more able to appreciate the relevance of the course they are studying and retain the lessons they’ve learned through actual practice.
Importance of Internship to Offices/Companies
- Interns assist the staff by performing the minute and time-consuming clerical tasks such as filing, organizing, and preparing official documents.
- Interns are also able to help in the training and development of staff by volunteering fresh input on new programs to utilize in the training.
- Interns can also help in the branding and marketing of a company.
Want more job descriptions? For future references, check out our collection of Front Desk Job Description Samples. Simply click on the link provided.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Marketing Intern Job Description Samples