Whether you own a construction firm or you are currently thinking of constructing a huge establishment/building, your construction project needs the guiding hands of an efficient, conscientious, and skillful construction manager.
If you don’t have any idea as to the specifics of this job position, then worry not, for we have gathered numerous construction manager Job Description Samples for your guidance. You may scroll down below and click on the sample that you deem most fitting to your needs.
Sample Senior Construction Manager Job Description
Construction Operations Manager Job Description
Construction Site Manager Job Description Example
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Duties and Qualifications for a Construction Manager
- Ability to take initiative and maintain oversight for a smooth-running construction project
- Familiarity with concrete construction, finish constructions, carpentry, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Knowledgeable in design building and construction management
- Ability to read architectural and engineering drawings and compare the information in order to tweak the necessary adjustments as the construction project progresses
- Capable of generating schedules and project construction timeline
- Ability to adapt design and drawings quickly on-site to accommodate field conditions
- Arrange work site and equipment access/shutdowns, obtain permits, and develop project support schedules to support subcontractor activities and minimize interference with others’ work
- Conducts pre-bid conferences and site visits
- Develops resolutions to complex technical problems where analysis and situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Manages procedural aspects of the construction contract including changes, payments, submittals, and documentation
- Tracks project data and reports on potential budget and schedule variances
- Reviews project plans and specifications for constructability, operability, maintainability, and cost-effectiveness
- Ensures that the staff assigned to his/her construction team are being trained and mentored accordingly
- Assesses who among the staff deserve to get promoted or transferred to a more suitable task/job position
- Makes sure that he/she develops himself/herself as a construction manager by joining professional organizations, continuing education, attending seminars, and upgradings
For more information regarding the the duties of a construction manager, kindly click on the following link:
Construction Office Manager Job Description
Building Construction Manager Job Description
Construction Manager Job Description Example
Construction Manager Job Description in PDF
Why Use Job Descriptions?
A job description might be a simple piece of document with bulleted lists of job duties and qualifications, so much so that most managers/employers tend to overlook its importance. Have you noticed how some organizational relationships tend to go awry whenever the various employees’ duties overlap each other and making it easier for them to do away with accountability in the event that a certain task cannot be accomplished? Well, this usually occurs due to a lack of a clear delineation of each employee’s job responsibilities. Due to this, it is paramount that a company must utilize job descriptions in their regular business operations.
Not yet convinced of the marvelous way job descriptions can improve your business/organization? Here are some of its benefits:
- Aid in recruitment. It can serve as basis for creating job postings. Furthermore, during the hiring process, the hiring manager can base his/her interview questions on the requirements enumerated in the job description.
- Performance management. It allows managers to assess the productivity of workers by comparing their performance to the job expectations on the job description.
- Compensation. It allows managers to develop a standardized compensation and benefits program for each job position.
- Training and development. It is used to determine areas in need of training and development when expectations or requirements are not being met by the employees.
For your other construction job position needs, here are templates of Structural Engineer Job Descriptions that are also available for download.
5+ Video Game Designer Job Description Samples
9+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples