Construction management involves the services that can be offered by an entity regarding the needs of a specific project. These needs include the planning of the construction project, the proper implementation of the plans being made for a specific project, and the overall output of the project construction.
Different management techniques and construction processes may be provided by different businesses depending on their field of expertise in the industry of construction management. We can give you samples of the job description of people involved in construction management. Moreover, we also have Job Description Samples of other job functions that may get your interest.
Director of Construction Management Job Description
Building Construction Management Job Description in PDF
Construction Site Management Job Description Example
Commercial Construction Management Job Description
Job Functions of the Director of Construction Management
The director of construction management is expected to provide the following services to the company where he or she is working for:
- assure that the training processes of the employees involved in the construction management are effective, especially with regards to the main functions that they are to provide for different construction projects;
- administer all the contracts and other legal documents and agreements that are needed for a construction project;
- identify the risks and other threats in different construction management phases;
- implement different measures regarding the opportunities and advantages that a specific construction project may get;
- create the basis for quality control and the guidelines that are needed to be followed by the workforce whenever they are in the location of the construction project;
- monitor all the development and updates of different construction projects;and
- assure that all the processes and other relevant activities associated with the completion of a specific construction is given importance by all the stakeholders of the project.
Other than our construction management job description samples, you may also want to know more about Structural Engineer Job Descriptions.
Construction Design Management Job Description
Entry Level Construction Management Job Description
Construction Asset Management Job Description Format
Project Construction Management Job Description
Construction Management Trainee Job Description
Areas of Expertise in Construction Management
There are still other areas of expertise that may be applied in construction management. A few samples of these areas are as follows:
- building construction management
- construction site management
- civil engineering construction management
- commercial construction management
- costruction design management
- construction asset management
- project construction management
Before involving yourself to any construction management areas, you first need to assess the skills and competencies that you have to assure that you can provide the demands and requirements of the job that you want to involve yourself in.
Importance of Construction Management
Whenever there are construction projects that are to be implemented, it is very important to have construction management for the following reasons:
- the plans to be implemented in the project construction will be laid out in a more effective manner;
- the clients can assure that the people who are to work for a specific project are trained and they already have experiences to back up their expertise and skills;
- having a construction management allows lesser possibilities of having problems within the entire construction period; and
- it allows all the processes applied in the construction project to be more efficient, especially with the time constraints that specific construction projects have.
Aside from our construction management job description, you may also download our Construction Project Manager Job Description samples.
9+ Administrative Assistant Job Description Samples
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples