Are you managing a construction firm or perhaps a clinic that regularly needs items to be purchased in its business processes? Well, whatever the nature of the business of your company, if its regular operations require purchasing copious items regularly, then it is essential that you hire an efficient purchasing agent whose qualities fit the job description. Moreover, you need to have a standard job description in order to ensure the quality performance of your agent.
That is why, for your reference, we have a collection of purchasing agent Job Description Samples that are available for download. Feel free to scroll down below and select the job description that fits the nature of your company.
Construction Purchasing Agent Job Description
Purchasing Agent Buyer Job Description in PDF
Senior Purchasing Agent Job Description Sample
Assistant Purchasing Agent Job Description
International Purchasing Agent Job Description
Duties of a Purchasing Agent
A purchasing agent has several duties and some of those are the following:
- assesses available inventory items and create a purchase list based on it;
- prepares purchase orders and reviews the specifications and prices by inquiring from suppliers for cheaper yet quality substitute items;
- obtains purchased items by forwarding the orders to the suppliers;
- monitors the delivery of the items once order has been sent;
- schedules delivery and coordinates with colleagues who are charged to personally receive the purchased items;
- receives items purchased;
- reviews whether or not the items received are similar to the items ordered;
- strives to arrive at a solution whenever there are shipment errors made by the errors;
- organizes purchase files in accessible file systems in order to make inventory and tracking of purchases easier;
- plans future purchases based on intensive analysis of purchasing trends, prices, and other relevant data; and
- improves his/her efficiency or performance level by attending relevant seminars and trainings.
Companies That Need Purchasing Agents
Not all companies need purchasing agents. For example, law firms would rarely have any purchasing needs. A construction firm, however, won’t be able to move forward with their operations without a purchasing agent. Other than construction firms, there are other companies or businesses that need a purchasing agent:
- huge restaurants;
- fast-food chains (specifically, in purchasing meats, poultry, and soft drinks in bulk);
- retail stores;
- pharamaceutical companies;
- clinics; and
- hardware stores.
If you are a human resource manager or an employer, you might want to check out our Sales Assistant Job Description Samples. Simply click on the link provided.
Purchasing Agent Job Description Example
Simple Purchasing Agent Job Description
Vehicle Purchasing Agent Job Description
A job description is a document that contains a list of the specific requirements, qualifications, functions, and responsibilities that a certain job position entails.
Job Descriptions: Improving Business Processes
Job descriptions are considered as one of the most vital tools in any company’s business operations. The following are some of the few ways a job description can improve business processes:
- serves as basis for the qualifications on job postings;
- serves as guides for job interview questions;
- enables human resource managers to manage the performance of the employees;
- speaking of performance management, when an employee performs an exemplary job or transcends his duties in such a way that it has added great value to your company, then you may give this employee rewards or incentives based on the magnitude of the effort, which he performed beyond his/her job expectations (which are enumerated in the job description); and
- in reverse, when an employee repeatedly failed to perform the tasks expected of him, then a job description can serve as a formal basis for enforcing discipline through the imposition of possible negative consequences.
Aside from purchasing agent job description samples, we also have a collection of Financial Manager Job Description Samples that are available for download. Simply click on the link provided.
FREE 12+ IT Intern Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Developer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF