A Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is the document which describes regularly recurring operations relevant to the quality of investigations. It is a detailed, written instruction used to achieve uniformity in the performance of specific function. Its purpose is to carry out the operation correctly and always in the same manner. It should be flow chart format at the place where the work is deployed on a regular basis.
Simple SOP Template
Blank SOP Template
SOP Template Doc
This is a detailed written document with description of forms, annexure and other SOPs. Duties of each individual are entered in detail in this document. You may also see how to write an army SOP that are available online for more.
SOP Word Template
Software SOP Template
While making SOP for instruments, software SOPs are usually made. These include information regarding history of amendments made in hand. This is also mostly in tabular form. You may also see statement of purpose samples. With the help of this template, you can make the best needed SOP for your business.
Laboratory SOP Template
This kind of SOP is used in laboratories and is prepared under lab personals. Information that is concerned only of laboratories are filled in this template. Scope of the SOP is necessarily filled. You may also see procedure manuals
Model Template for SOP
SOP Format Template Free
Free Download of SOP Sample
SOP Template Word Free Download
Sample SOP Template PDF
SOP Template Free Download
SOP Template PDF Download
Technical SOP Template
SOP Template PDF Free Download
Preparation of SOP Template
Components of Standard Operating Procedure Templates
Each standard operating procedure template consist of a header, body and a footer. Within body it has the following components:
- Purpose: Brief history and the relevant background information. Describe the process and guidelines and why SOP is required.
- Introduction: General introduction and rationale
- Scope: Outline the areas and context which is to be covered in the SOP. If there are any areas in which this SOP does not apply, these should also be mentioned clearly. You may also see safety manual templates
- Prerequisite: Outline the information required before proceeding with the listed procedure. E.g. worksheets, documents, reports, etc.
- Definitions: Frequently of acronyms used and terms and provide additional information that is required to understand this SOP.
- Responsibilities: Summary of the roles listed in the SOP and the responsibilities of role holders in this SOP.
- Specific Procedure: Main text of SOPs. Here we provide the required steps in detail to perform a procedure. There should be sufficient details, clearly expressed so that the procedure can be performed without much supervision. You may also see technical manual templates. To provide clear details we try to answers questions like what, why, where, who, when and how. We can include a flow chart as well if required.
- References: References, both internal (e.g. SOPs) and external that may be used in performing the procedure.
Sample PDF SOP Template
Example of SOP Template
Steps to Write SOP Template
Fillable SOP Template
Laboratory Standard SOP Template
Some Other Types of SOPs.
- SOPs for Standard procedures for operating instrument apparatus and other equipment
- SOPs for the preparation of reagents
- SOPS for receiving and registration of samples
- SOPSs for Quality Assurance
- SOPs for archiving and how to deal with complaints
In light of the above discussion, we can conclude that Standard Operating Procedure is made for the purpose to make uniformity function. There are different types of SOPs but the important components that need to be included will be standard. Different parts can be prepared and used according to the requirement. You may also see security manual templates
If you have any DMCA issues on this post, please contact us!
1. What is a Standard Operating Procedure?
A standard operating procedure is a guide that is assembled by an organization to help employees carry out various routine operations. SOPs aim to achieve the efficient and quality output of performance. This is done while reducing miscommunication and any kind of failure to comply with the daily tasks of the company.
2. What is the purpose of a Standard Operating Procedure?
An SOP is a document that defines the regular recurring of operations in a company that is relevant to the quality of work. An SOP carried out the operations perfectly and always in a similar manner. Standard operations procedures should be made available at the place where the work is being done.
3. What are the benefits of Standard Operating Procedures?
There are many benefits of a Standard Operating Procedure. Some of them are:
- Readiness for future growth
- They simplify performance management
- They help in controlling the quality and consistency of your project
- Help in protecting yourself from knowledge loss
- Save on training costs.
4. What is the difference between Work Instructions and an SOP?
SOPs are the top-level documents that tell employees what actions must be taken under different circumstances, whereas work instructions describe those actions in detail. These instructions are not necessarily long or difficult to follow. They must be clear and as concise as possible.
5. How is a Standard Operating Procedure written?
Standard operating procedures can be written in the following ways:
- Choose the perfect format
- Ask for the needed input
- Define the scope you have in mind
- Identify your target audience
- Write the SOP in detail
- Review, test, edit and repeat whenever necessary.
FREE 10+ Food Catering Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Cleaning Price List Samples in MS Word | PSD | AI | Publisher | Pages | PDF
FREE 14+ Event Checklist Templates in Excel | PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 18+ Small Business Plan Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 31+ Sample Business Plan Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Film Budgets in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 6+ Useful Meeting Notes Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 15+ Sample Partnership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Art Gallery Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Wedding Contracts in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Revenue Projection Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Consulting Business Plan Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Excel Inventory Samples in Excel