A construction laborer may have different tasks assigned to him, but he is one of the most important part of the team in a construction project. He may not have defined tasks, but most construction teams will never do without him. The construction laborer is the all-around handyman of the team with duties and tasks ranging from carrying heavy loads to driving company service vehicles when no one is available to drive the construction manager.
Our Job Description Samples for construction laborers have generalized duties and responsibilities expected of a construction laborer that fits whatever tasks is expected in this profession. These are all free for downloading and can be modified for each employer’s specifications.
Construction Craft Laborer Job Description Sample
Concrete Construction Laborer Job Description
Construction Site Laborer Job Description
Construction Laborer Job Description Example
Construction laborers usually assist the team and the project manager in carrying out his orders besides doing the usual construction work. He may also act as timekeeper and safety officer when he’s not operating machinery and laying bricks and cement. Besides these, his primary responsibility includes the following:
- helps in laying foundations for the building;
- helps to lay out access to the construction site by making pathways and roadways for heavy vehicles and machinery to go through;
- assist construction crew in whatever they need;
- ensure safety hazards are being kept in check and report whatever hazards are seen to the supervisor;
- doing exterior and interior work, excavations, and fillings;
- helps in constructing underground drainage systems and sewer systems;
- being able to operate pneumatic vibrators, tampers, and jackhammers;
- must know how to oil and grease hoists;
- must know how to provide assistance to moving equipment operators and direct traffic around the construction site if necessary;
- must be ready to clean up spills and remove hazardous materials;
- must be able to erect concrete forms and scaffolding;
- must load and unload construction materials; and
- must know how to drill and blast into earth and rock.
Those are just some of the duties and responsibilities expected of a construction laborer. As always, he may be assigned tasks that are outside of the general tasks expected of him, so he must be ready at all times.
For construction-related work in a managerial level, do check out our Construction Project Manager Job Descriptions for companies looking to hire a competent individual for their construction projects.
Landscape Construction Laborer Job Description
Construction Laborer Job Description in PDF
Construction Laborer Worker Job in Description
Home Construction Laborer Job Description in PDF
Besides the usual duties and tasks expected of a construction laborer, there are times when projects demand hazardous tasks that should be thoroughly prepared. Old buildings may have to be demolished and oftentimes the fastest way to do it would be to use explosives to tear the building down. While there are explosives experts on-site, construction laborers may be asked to assist and in some cases, help plant and wire the explosives around the building.
While construction laborers may be assigned different tasks, perhaps the hardest part of the job is being away for weeks or months on end. They need to be physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for the job because it may put a strain on their families if they are married. They need to be away and in some cases, the construction company may even have projects in other countries. That’s how challenging this job is.
For other samples, we also have Purchasing Officer Job Descriptions for companies who need to hire purchasing officers needed for supplies in their inventories. These are also free to download and print.
5+ Video Game Designer Job Description Samples
9+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples