Every company that hires manpower must necessarily be in need of a person who ensures that the company’s employees will receive their appropriate salaries on time. The preparation of salaries is not an easy task. It is not enough that the employer or manager will give the employees the salary that is indicated in their job offer, for there are numerous variables that can affect the amount of money they could receive as salaries—absences, undertime, sick leaves, maternity leaves with pay, cash-convertible vacation leaves, etc. Indeed, this job is infused with complexities that only a person who is well-equipped with the necessary qualifications can perform these tasks. A payroll analyst is the one who performs the said payroll functions.
For more information about the payroll analyst position, you may refer from our collection of payroll analyst Job Description Samples. Scroll down below and download the samples that you think fits your needs. You can also edit these samples easily by filling in the necessary employer specifications.
Senior Payroll Analyst Job Description
Payroll System Analyst Job Description Example
HR Payroll Analyst Job Description
Payroll Business Analyst Job Description
Payroll Process Analyst Job Description
Specific Job Functions of a Payroll Analyst
- Manage the delivery of key payroll projects that include obtaining an understanding of the issue, collaboration with key team members about the issues and co-development of recommendation.
- Prepare and process local tax funding files and reports in a timely manner.
- Research complex payroll issues for proper treatment.
- Process incentives, union, and other reports when requested by department head or human resource department.
- Partner with other human resource-related staff in order to ensure the accurate and timely processing of benefit deductions and the necessary adjustments.
- Partner with human resources to ensure all payroll transactions are authorized and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with timekeepers on automated interface from the system and troubleshoot or fix if there are any errors on the punching in or in the system.
- Process payroll audits and balancing.
- Perform year-end adjustments, such as sick pay, employee rewards, etc.
- Assist with account reconciliations and other payroll controls such as balancing payroll results to payroll tax returns and to year-end tax statements.
- Interact with accounting department, banks, and other outside sources regarding payroll policies and interpretation, pay computations, direct deposits, etc.
For more payroll-related job descriptions, you may check out our collections of Payroll Job Descriptions and Payroll Manager Job Descriptions.
Sample Payroll Analyst Job Description
Payroll Data Analyst Job Description in PDF
Payroll Analyst Job Description Example
Qualifications of a Payroll Analyst
Normally, there are no specific degree programs that serve as prerequisites for a payroll analyst position. Due to the combination of monetary and human resource nature of the job, it is however advisable that a company hires someone who is a graduate of Accountancy, Finance, or Human Resource Management. These degree courses train individuals the specific processes of preparing employee’s payrolls and all the concomitant intricacies that comes along with it.
Aside from checking time cards, preparing payroll, and calculating incentives, a payroll analyst must also prepare a payroll report to the head of the payroll department or the human resource manager. This report must clearly indicate the deductions, reasons for deductions, benefits, sick leaves with or without pay, and other variables that can affect the employee’s salary.
For more reference, view our collection of Payroll Clerk Job Descriptions. You can also browse our other payroll-related job descriptions in this website.
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF