Any company, organization, or institution that hires manpower necessarily compensate their employees with monthly/bimonthly salaries. It is for this reason that these companies need a staff who will manage the employees’ salaries, benefits, and incentives. The staff who has this function is the payroll coordinator.
So if you are a business owner, general manager, or a human resource manager, then you must have realized the gravity of mandating your payroll coordinator to accomplish specific and clearly delineated duties and responsibilities. In order to cater to this particular need, here at sampletemplates.com, we have collated various payroll coordinator Job Description Samples. You may download these freely or tweak these according to your company’s needs.
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator Job Description
HR Payroll Coordinator Job Description Example
Payroll Operations Manager Job Description Format
Payroll Systems Coordinator Job Description
A payroll coordinator is a human resource officer who is tasked specifically to administer the employees’ benefits, payroll, training and development, legal compliance, and other compensation-related human resource issues.
Specific Responsibilities of a Payroll Coordinator
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc.
- Processes tax deductions and other government-mandated deductions
- Manages special situations that calls for special kinds of pay such as maternity pay, sickness pay, vacation pay, etc.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Provides employees with the necessary information regarding compensation and benefits; also, update them on the available incentives offered by the company
- Ensuring payroll is accurate by reviewing it before releasing salaries and other incentives
- Analytically reviews payroll information, including but not limited to biweekly payroll, usage of paid childcare leave, bereavement leave, vacation, maternity leave, and sick leave
- Responds to general payroll-related inquiries
- Reports to general manager or human resource manager about payroll-related information
For more reference regarding the roles of a payroll coordinator, we also have collections of Payroll Job Descriptions and Payroll Accountant Job Descriptions that are available for free download.
Payroll Billing Coordinator Job Description
Senior Payroll Coordinator Job Description
Payroll Coordinator Job Description Sample
A job description is a document containing a list of the requirements, tasks, and expectations of a certain job position. It is usually utilized by
- an employer/business-owner,
- an human resource manager,
- a job recruiter, and
- a job seeker/prospective job applicant.
A job description usually contains the following elements:
- job title;
- employee status (regular, contractual, part-time);
- the person/supervisor whom the employee must report to;
- job summary;
- job qualifications;
- education and experience required;
- certificates, licenses, and registrations required;
- physical requirements for the job; and
Advantages of Using Job Descriptions
Job descriptions are staple fixtures in any company, here are some of the reasons why:
- prods employees to align themselves with the company’s goals and visions,
- allows human resource manager or recruiter to make informed decisions in employing recruitment strategies that are clearly in consonance with the roles and responsibilities of job positions,
- functions as basis for managers to develop compensation and benefit plans,
- serves as basis for the qualifications on job postings, and
- serves as guides for job interview questions.
Indeed, if you are an employer or a manager, then it is time that you utilize job descriptions for the advancement of your company. In relation to this, we also have Payroll Specialist Job Descriptions that can be browsed by clicking on the link provided.
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF