Corporations, universities, government institutions, small-scale businesses—all these require manpower. Manpower entails the hiring of employees to do specific tasks for which they will be paid salaries for. It is basically for this reason that every company needs someone who will manage the employees’ compensation and benefits, make sure the salaries are given out on time, processes salary deductions, and other payroll-related duties. The person who performs the said functions is the payroll staff or payroll manager.
So if you are a newbie company owner, a seasoned employer, or an HR manager, then you must realize the necessity of hiring someone who fits the payroll job description perfectly. In order to help you in your hiring and management needs, here are some payroll Job Description Samples that can be downloaded easily. You may scroll down below and print the sample that you deem most appropriate to your company’s payroll needs.
Sample HR Payroll Job Description
Payroll Clerk Job Description Example
Payroll Administrator Job Description
Payroll Manager Job Description in PDF
Accoutant Payroll Job Description
Payroll Officer Job Description
A job description is a document containing a list of the requirements, tasks, and expectations of a certain job position. It is usually utilized by
- an employer/business owner,
- an human resource manager,
- a job recruiter, and
- a job seeker/prospective job applicant.
Parts of a Job Description
A job description contains the following items:
- job title;
- employee status (regular, contractual, part-time);
- the person/supervisor whom the employee must report to;
- job summary;
- job qualifications;
- education and experience required;
- certificates, licenses, and registrations required;
- physical requirements for the job; and
- nature of the work environment.
Benefits of Using a Job Description
As an employer or HR manager, your business processes will be benefited by a job description in the following manner:
- They allow you to make informed hiring decisions by developing recruiting strategies that clearly outline to applicants their role and responsibilities.
- When conducting interviews, job descriptions should form the foundation for the development of interview questions.
- Job descriptions can aid in the development of standardized compensation program for each position.
- When the job expectations and requirements in the job description are not met, the job description can be used in determining which areas are in needs of training and development.
- Job descriptions are vital tools for performance management.
- Job descriptions can serve as a formal basis for enforcing discipline through the imposition of possible negative consequences.
Aside from basic payroll job descriptions, we also have Payroll Accountant Job Descriptions and Payroll Clerk Job Descriptions, which are available for download.
Manager Payroll Job Description
Payroll Analyst Job Description
Payroll Assistant Job Description
Payroll Operations Manager Job Description
Payroll Specialist Job Description
Basic Function of a Payroll Staff
To process the salaries/compensation and benefits of a company’s employees.
Other Duties of a Payroll Staff or Manager
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information, etc.
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc.
- Processes tax deductions and other government-mandated deductions
- Manages special situations that calls for special kinds of pay such as maternity pay, sickness pay, vacation pay, etc.
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
For more reference, you may check out our collection of HR Payroll Job Descriptions.
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF