Hospitals, clinics, psychiatric centers, behavioral centers, drug rehabilitation centers—all these health-care facilities are able to operate smoothly through the help of case managers.
Whether you are an owner or a manager of any of the abovementioned institutions, you need to ensure that you hire the perfect person for the case manager position. You can do this by referring to our Case Manager Job Description Samples on this page. Our job descriptions can provide you an in-depth understanding of a case manager’s basic functions, specific responsibilities, tasks, and other pertinent details. Download our templates and use them in managing and hiring your case manager staff!
Sample Medical Case Management Job Description
Case Management Assistant Job Description Format
Mental Health Case Management Job Description in PDF
Case Management Officer Job Description Example
Director of Case Management Job Description
Responsibilities of a Case Manager
- Works closely with a team of clinical managers, nurses, psychiatric nurse practitioners, physicians, and other related staff in the health-care establishment.
- Ensures that the patient cases are being attended to equally and that patients are given the appropriate treatments, medical procedures, as well as medicines for their conditions or injuries.
- Gathers a team of medical staff in order to ask for updates on patients’ cases and to brainstorm efficient solutions in dealing with patient’s conditions.
- Provides other case management services including assisting patients in their transfer to more equipped and specialized health-care institutions or facilities, financial management, staff evaluations, etc.
Indeed, case managers are the employees who ensure that the operations of a hospital or clinic would run smoothly. To know more about the specific responsibilities of a case manager, download our templates on this page.
For future references, you may be interested in our collections of Management Job Description and Account Management Job Description. Access these templates by clicking on their corresponding links.
Intensive Case Management Job Description
Sample Case Management Aide Job Description
Telephonic Case Management Job Description
Case Management Supervisor Job Description
Why Use Job Descriptions?
- It allows employers and HR managers to manage the performance of their employees. This allows HR managers/employers to assess objectively whether or not an employee has performed satisfactorily the responsibilities clearly laid out in his/her job description.
- It allows managers and employers to impose disciplinary measures when it is needed. In case an employee has continuously and repeatedly failed to perform the tasks expected of him, then a job description can serve as a formal basis for enforcing discipline through the imposition of possible negative consequences.
- It allows the payroll officer or the HR manager to create relevant and up-to-date compensation and benefits program. Job descriptions can show the specific ways an employee in a job position can perform better in order to gain incentives.
- It allows training managers, employers, and HR managers to create an effective training proposal. By comparing the performance of the employee and the quality of his/her work output to the standards imposed on the job description, an employer or a manager would be better able to know the target areas that need improvement and thus it would be easier to formulate a training proposal that can cater to these areas.
Aside from case manager job descriptions, we also have a collection of Risk Management Job Description that you can access by clicking on the link provided.
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Cardiologist Job Descriptions in PDF