An executive chef is the leader of the kitchen. Any chef that enters a restaurant aspires and set goals of becoming one once they already have enough experience and their kitchen skills and expertise are more refined.
All activities in the cooking and preparation area are all under the supervision of an executive chef. They can be called as the kitchen manager, head chef, or chef manager because they need to see all the things and procedures that happens before a food is being served to customers.
We know that being an executive chef is an interesting job, but if you wanted to browse about functions of different jobs, we have other Job Description Samples.
Corporate Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Head Chef Job Description
Assistant Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Catering Chef Job Description
Executive Assistant Job Description
An executive chef may be hired for different purposes. Some of them can be for catering, hotel kitchen operations, handling the food processes of fine dining restaurants, and be of service to other establishments whose main product is food.
Whatever purpose it is, an executive chef has to do the following:
- Train other kitchen members on proper food preparation and how a certain dish must be presented
- Assure that all meals are of great quality and matches the standards made by the company
- Supervise kitchen personnels and the functions they are doing
- Help in meal creation, presentation, and coordination of other culinary and kitchen activities
- Know the average daily consumption of meals by customers and request materials and ingredients to the management depending on the gathered information
- Develop the product of a restaurant. Know what foods are needed to be changed or replaced
- Create a menu suited for the target customer of the restaurant
- Provide standards for meal preparation and dish presentation per recipe
- Develop food pricing and assure that the company is earning for every meal served
- Assure that all materials and equipments used in food preparation are well maintained
- Be knowledgeable about total quality management
- Handle the team well and keep open communication to kitchen staff
- Keep the hygiene and sanitation of the kitchen maintained
- Assure that all the applicants hired can perform well in the kitchen
- Resolve problems that may arise in the kitchen
- Observe kitchen tasks and operations simultaneously
- Maintain work standards and productivity of the kitchen team
If you believe that you have already learned about the job of executive chefs in this article, you may also browse through our downloadable Executive Assistant Job Description Samples.
Executive Chef Job Description Duties
Executive Chef Manager Job Description
Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Sous Chef Job Description
With all the demands of the work, executive chefs should have the passion, creativity, and management skills to meet the leadership needs of the kitchen and the staff. Also, a good culinary background and experiences are required.
From planning, to execution, up to service, an executive chef must be able to ensure that he or she is doing his or her best so that customers will see the quality of work in every meal.
On certain days, executive chefs are asked to do a special catering or even have a live demo of how to prepare food in front of the diners.
Hope this article has helped you to know the routine of an executive chef in daily kitchen operations.Sample Executive Director Job Descriptions are also available for your viewing.
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples
6+ Petroleum Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Activity Director Job Description Samples