An executive chef is the leader of the kitchen. Any chef that enters a restaurant aspires and set goals of becoming one once they already have enough experience and their kitchen skills and expertise are more refined.All activities in the cooking and preparation area are all under the supervision of an executive chef.
They can be called as the kitchen manager, head chef, or chef manager because they need to see all the things and procedures that happens before a food is being served to customers.We know that being an executive chef is an interesting job, but if you wanted to browse about functions of different jobs, we have other Job Description Samples.
Executive Chef Job Description Template
Sous Chef Job Description Template
Soup and Sauce Chef Job Description Template
Utility Chef Job Description Template
Prep Cook Job Description Template
Pantry Chef Job Description Template
Line Cook Job Description Template
Line Chef Job Description Template
Corporate Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Head Chef Job Description
Assistant Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Catering Chef Job Description
Executive Assistant Job Description
An executive chef may be hired for different purposes. Some of them can be for catering, hotel kitchen operations, handling the food processes of fine dining restaurants, and be of service to other establishments whose main product is food.
Whatever purpose it is, an executive chef has to do the following:
- Train other kitchen members on proper food preparation and how a certain dish must be presented
- Assure that all meals are of great quality and matches the standards made by the company
- Supervise kitchen personnels and the functions they are doing
- Help in meal creation, presentation, and coordination of other culinary and kitchen activities
- Know the average daily consumption of meals by customers and request materials and ingredients to the management depending on the gathered information
- Develop the product of a restaurant. Know what foods are needed to be changed or replaced
- Create a menu suited for the target customer of the restaurant
- Provide standards for meal preparation and dish presentation per recipe
- Develop food pricing and assure that the company is earning for every meal served
- Assure that all materials and equipments used in food preparation are well maintained
- Be knowledgeable about total quality management
- Handle the team well and keep open communication to kitchen staff
- Keep the hygiene and sanitation of the kitchen maintained
- Assure that all the applicants hired can perform well in the kitchen
- Resolve problems that may arise in the kitchen
- Observe kitchen tasks and operations simultaneously
- Maintain work standards and productivity of the kitchen team
If you believe that you have already learned about the job of executive chefs in this article, you may also browse through our downloadable Executive Assistant Job Description Samples.
Executive Chef Job Description Duties
Executive Chef Manager Job Description
Executive Chef Job Description
Executive Sous Chef Job Description
With all the demands of the work, executive chefs should have the passion, creativity, and management skills to meet the leadership needs of the kitchen and the staff. Also, a good culinary background and experiences are required.
From planning, to execution, up to service, an executive chef must be able to ensure that he or she is doing his or her best so that customers will see the quality of work in every meal.
On certain days, executive chefs are asked to do a special catering or even have a live demo of how to prepare food in front of the diners.
Hope this article has helped you to know the routine of an executive chef in daily kitchen operations.Sample Executive Director Job Descriptions are also available for your viewing.
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF