Do you feel a deep sense of satisfaction upon helping other people in their daily living? Do you feel the need to alleviate the sufferings of people who are terminally ill, severely injured, or physically incapacitated? Then maybe a career in the health-care profession is the most fulfilling option for you!
If you don’t have a nursing degree or a medical degree, then you can always work as a caring nursing assistant. Below is a wide collection of nursing assistant Job Description Samples that can help inform you on the basics of this position. Scroll down and download our templates now!
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Description
Psychiatric Nursing Assistant Job Description
Restorative Nursing Care Assistant Job Description
Senior Nursing Care Assistant Job Description
Nursing Lab Assistant Job Description
Nursing assistants or nurse aides serve as the assistants of nurses in patient care. They rarely handle clerical tasks such as keeping of records. Their job functions usually involve cleaning, sanitation, and preparation of environments and patients, help patients become more active, ensuring that their basic needs are satisfied such as eating, peeing, taking a short exercise, etc. Indeed, the functions of this job might be menial, but nurse aides are the silent heroes in any medical facility.
Duties of a Nursing Assistant
- To help clients with getting up in the morning
- Report immediately any accidents or any untoward situation or injuries to the nurse in charge
- Help clients in washing/bathing and dressing
- Assist clients in taking their medication timely
- Make meals, drinks, and snacks for patients when necessary
- Help patients walk in the morning when advised by a physician to do so
- Provide assistance with other tasks of daily living that the patient cannot manage. This may include cleaning, shopping, collecting pension, and paying bills.
- Support and assist patients with their trips, hospital appointments, daily exercise, etc.
- Administer treatments or other procedures such as suppositories, irrigation, massages, and douches when directed by a physician or nurse to do so
- Ensure the cleanliness of the patients’ rooms
- Keeps the order and sanitation of examination rooms, or other patient areas
- Perform basic nursing duties such as back rubs, bed baths, collection of urine specimen, and stool specimen
For more medical-related job descriptions, check out our easily downloadable collection of Physician Assistant Job Description Samples.
Personal Nursing Assistant Job Description
Student Nursing Assistant Job Description
Nursing Home Care Assistant Job Description
Nursing Health Care Assistant Job Description
Nursing Assistant Instructor Job Description
Essential Qualifications of a Nursing Assistant
- Must possess a certificate of nursing assistance (logically, this implies that he/she must have undergone training for nursing assistance)
- Must at least be of legal age (depending on the laws of the state regarding age of majority)
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be able to understand directions clearly and carry these out in an efficient manner
- Must be physically healthy (capable of partially lifting the weight of patients when necessary)
- Must be free of any contagious disease (this is a vital factor not just for nurse aides but for anyone who plans on working in the health-care profession)
Want more ideas about job positions that are open for a person with a deep well of care and concern for other people? You might want to consider perusing our Medical Assistant Job Description Samples. Simply click on the link provided.
10+ Assistant Manager Job Description Samples
11+ HR Director Job Description Samples
11+ Dispatcher Job Description Samples
9+ Delivery Driver Job Description Samples
12+ Auditor Job Description Samples
9+ Night Auditor Job Description Samples
10+ General Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Accounting Intern Job Description Samples
9+ Office Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Business Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Summer Intern Job Description Samples
7+ Social Work Intern Job Description Samples
10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples
10+ IT Intern Job Description Samples
10+ Marketing Intern Job Description Samples