Due to an increasingly complex business environment, the allegedly “hard to manage” millennials who are entering the labor force, and the desire of companies to decrease turnover rates to avoid expensive recruitment and training costs, economists foresee a 9% growth in the demand for HR professionals. With this, companies would do what they can to attract highly qualified human resource directors and other HR personnel via the lure of competitive salary packages and benefits.
However, being a part of the HR Department is not as easy as it used to be. Previously seen as an entry-level job, people involved in the field have began making a name for themselves and proving themselves as players of an integral role in the success of a company. For more information, see the Job Description Samples for HR directors.
Restaurant HR Director Job Description Template
Director Job Description Template
HR Officer Job Description Template
Recruiter Job Description Template
Free Human Resources Director Job Description Template
Free Director of Human Resources Job Description Template
Assistant Human Resources Director Job Description
Human Resources Director Job Description Example
Global Human Resources Director Job Description in PDF
Corporate Human Resources Director Job Description
Regional Human Resources Director Job Description
While it wasn’t always so, people who wish to enter the field of human resources must go through extensive training and years of education. Some educational qualifications are,
- they must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, majoring in Human Resources, or Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology degree; and
- they must pursue further education by acquiring degrees in either Masters of Business Administration, a Master’s degree in Industrial or Organisational Psychology, or a degree in law.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The bar is being set higher and higher for a human resource director. Along with years of education and training, one who aspires to be a human resource director must also possess and develop the following skill sets:
- Knowledgeable not only in the four facets of HR (compensation and benefits, recruitment, training and development, and employee relations) but also in the labor laws of the country where they are practicing.
- An HR director must possess strong leadership abilities as they are heads of a department and have the entire HR staff looking up to them for instructions.
- Critical Thinking and decision-making skills are a must if one wishes to be a human resource director. As it is a part of their responsibility to oversee recruitment, they must make sure they have the right job description to attract the right candidates. For examples of job descriptions for managerial posts, see the Finance Director Job Descriptions and Executive Director Job Descriptions that we have available.
- They must respect confidentiality. The Human Resource Department has sensitive information and paperwork flying through their doors. As an HR practitioner, one must be mature enough to avoid gossiping about matters meant to be kept discreet.
- They must also be good at conflict management and problem solving. An HR director also often doubles as the company judge, lawyer, and psychologist. They must be unbiased when conflicts arise and fair when suggesting a compromise.
School District Human Resources Director Job Description
Executive Human Resources Director Job Description Format
Human Resources Director Job Description Skills Sample in PDF
Deputy Human Resources Director Job Description Example
Human Resources Director Job Description in PDF
A human resource director plays a vital role in the company. They are the bridge between employer and employee and spend a lot of time in the office building. If you feel like a career in a corporate setting is not for you and you’d like venture into a more creative path, check out these Art Director Job Descriptions.
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Cardiologist Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Restaurant Manager Job Description Templates in PDF | MS Word