A compelling resume is oftentimes the greatest weapon any job seeker should have on their resume. With a resume that immediately commands attention, you are sure to get that much desired interview and have a real chance at getting the job. For executive positions, a strong Executive Resume Summary should open your resume for a strong first impression.
You may be in an executive position or aspire to be. When looking for a strong resume to use for your application, we’ve got you covered. Below are sample executive resumes that you can download for free. We make sure that just looking at the Resume Summary would immediately grab the attention of recruiters.
Sample Admission Executive Resume Template
Sample Admin Executive Resume Template
Sample Account Executive Resume Template
Chief Executive Resume Template
Outdoor Account Executive Resume Template
Outside Sales Executive Resume Template
New Business Account Executive Resume Template
Broadcast Account Executive Resume Template
Free HR Executive Resumes
HR Executive Assistant Resume
Customer Executive Resumes
Customer Care Executive Resume
Customer Service Executive Resume
Customer Relations Executive Resume
Project Executive Resumes
Project Construction Executive
Senior Project Executive
How to Format Your Executive Resume
No two resumes look the same. Each has its own style and content, so there is no definite format to follow when making a resume. Especially in an executive position, you have a wide range of job titles covered by the position (e.g., business executive, project executive, etc.) and so there are many ways of drafting an effective executive resume. However, there are common provisions that are present in a general resume that should also be present in an executive resume.
- Contact Information – Highlight your name by making it look bigger than everything else. Make sure to write your updated address, phone number, and email address.
- Resume Summary – Make a pitch to the recruiter by highlighting your experience and relevant skills.
- Work Experience – You should have quite a number of work experience now that you are gunning for the executive position.
- Skills – Mention all relevant skills that are necessary for the executive position you are applying for.
- Education – Mention the name of your school and the degree you earned.
Nowadays, people are sending resumes through email. When sending it this way, make sure that you provide the right format for you resume. Be sure to have a compelling resume subject line so you get noticed.
Free Business Executive Resumes
Business Development Resume
Business Operations Executive
Sales Executive Resumes
Professional Senior Sales Resume
Resume of Automobile Sales Executive
Sales Support Resume
Marketing Executive Resumes
Marketing Sales Executive
Senior Marketing Professional Resume
International Trade Marketing Resume
Guidelines in Creating Your Own Resume
When first tackling the task, you would immediately find out that making your own resume is not easy. After writing down your name and contact information, you may get stuck as to what to write next. When you reach this stage of uncertainty, having sample executive resumes to draw inspiration upon would surely help. Having a look at these Executive Resume Example and HR Executive Resume samples would be a great help if you are interested in those positions. It would also help to have an outline of the resume for you to have the basic foundation and writing it becomes easier. To further help you in making an executive resume, follow these steps.
- Decide on the format of your resume. A chronological format is one in which you list your experiences according to their exact order. A functional format is used to highlight your skills. For the executive position, a hybrid of the two is often the most desirable.
- Make a resume header. The header is where you put your personal information. Be sure to provide the correct phone number and a professional email address.
- Write your Career Summary. Hoping for an executive position, make sure your summary is filled with the necessary experience and skills that make you a good fit.
- List your experiences. As stated above, the hybrid resume format is the best option for an executive resume. This is done by listing your relevant skills and accomplishments on top. Provide perspective on the proceeding part by placing those skills in chronological job descriptions.
- List down your relevant skills. For an executive position, some valued skills hiring managers look at are adaptability to change, integrity, communication skills, team-building skills, strategic thinking, leadership, and so on.
- List your education. Aside from the usual detail, it helps if you could provide your GPA and awards.
Free Account Executive Resumes
Accounts Executive Resume
Sales Account Executive Resume
Purchase Executive Resumes
Resume of Purchase Executive
Purchase Executive Experienced Resume
Executive Assistant Resumes
Executive Administrative Assistant Sample
Office Executive Assistant Resume
Executive Chef Resumes
Executive Pastry Chef Resume
Executive Head Chef Resume
How to Write a One-Page Executive Resume
One important thing you would need to remember is that hiring managers often spend just a few seconds looking at a resume and they already made a decision whether you are right for the position or not. With the amount of applications they get for just one position, this is understandable. Unless your resume piques their interest, they won’t invest time in looking over the rest of your resume.
That is why it is important to make a One-Page Resume. Keeping it at one page increases your chance of getting all the relevant information within conveyed with just a short glance. Not everybody can keep it that way though. We understand that and thus have compiled some useful tips in making a one-page resume.
- Leave out irrelevant experiences.
- Write your relevant skills in one line and separate them using dots instead of having one line for each skill.
- Format the information for each position in such a way that they occupy only one line (see above technique).
- Adjust your margin (0.5″) and spacing (single space).
- Type all your contact information in just a single line.
- Use a smaller font size that is still readable.
Free Executive Secretary Resumes
Executive Legal Secretary Resume
Executive Secretary Resume
Hotel Executive Chef Resume
Executive Summary Resumes
Project Manager Executive Summary
Assistant Executive Summary for Resume
Sales Summary for Resume
Finance Executive Resume
Healthcare Executive Resume
Junior Executive Resume
Nurse Executive Resume
Executive Admin Resume
Event Executive Resume
Top 10 Executive Resume Writing Tips
You would think that now that you are vying for an executive position that it is now easier to get a position as compared to applying for an entry-level position. You will soon find out however that it is far from the truth. Here are some tips in writing an executive resume.
- Do a hybrid of the chronological and functional resume format (see above).
- Craft a compelling title that effectively captures your specific desired executive position.
- A one-page resume is often good, but for an executive position, two pages is still acceptable.
- Customize your resume for each executive position you apply to.
- Provide quantifiable results.
- Be sure to use action verbs.
- Mix up your words. Do not overuse certain verbs.
- Create a clean and easy-to-read resume.
- Hook recruiters immediately with a strong career summary.
- Proofread you resume for grammar and spelling errors.
Applying for an executive position requires the same effort when applying for just any position. You would hence need a resume that stands out from the rest. An Executive Resume Sample aids you in achieving this. The samples we provide here are useful guides so you get that executive position that you desire.
FREE 8+ Teacher Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Photographer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 13+ Sample Designer Resume Templates in PDF | PSD | InDesign
FREE 9+ Sample Sales Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD | EPS
FREE 6+ Sample Retail Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 7+ Sample Administrative Assistant Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 15+ PSD Resume Templates in PSD
FREE 15+ Coach Resume Samples in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample HR Executive Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Sample Account Manager Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Photoshop
FREE 10+ Java Developer Resume Templates in MS Word | PDF | Pages
FREE 37+ Executive Resume Designs in MS Word | Pages
FREE 33+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 13+ Executive Resume Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages