Is there a need for you to assert that your opinions and thinking are correct? You may opt to write a persuasive letter. A persuasive letter is written mostly to address a problem or situation that you have encountered. It also states or mentions any possible resolution that you can offer to make the situation less problematic.
The main reason for writing a persuasive letter is to persuade or convince someone to agree with your suggested solutions or to at least help you make the problem more at ease. You can browse through the Sample Letters listed below to help you resolve any problem you might have encountered in a formal and peaceful manner.
Sample Persuasive Business Letter
Worksheet for Persuasive Cover Letter in PDF
Persuasive Letter Rubric Format
Persuasive Letter Lesson Plan Example
Tips for Writing an Effective Persuasive Letter
- Make sure you already know what you want before you start writing your persuasive letter. Think about the purpose of your letter and who will be reading the letter.
- After thinking about the purpose of your letter, list down the reason/reasons why you want the audience to be persuaded by your letter. List them down by significance.
- Make sure your letter contains facts and evidence to support your claims in order to not make it a one-sided opinion.
- Make the tone of the letter empathetic.
Persuasive Letter Format
- Block Formatting. A persuasive letter is a type of business letter. Make sure your letter is in block format, single-spaced, in Times New Roman or Arial style, and font size 12.
- Sender’s Address. You can write your address at as the first part. If you have an official letterhead, you may also opt to use it.
- Date. Write the date when you wrote the letter.
- Recipient’s Address. Include the name of the recipient and the complete address.
- Opening Salutation. Make sure to spell the name of the recipient properly. It should match with the name in the recipient letterhead.
- Body of the Letter. It must be brief, concise, and polite and avoid being too wordy. Use short sentences to explain the situation. The main point of the letter must be stated in the first few sentences.
- Closing Salutation. Make sure you close the statement in a respectful manner.
You may also check out:
Standard Persuasive Letter Format
Formal Persuasive Letter Example
Persuasive Request Letter to Download
Why Use Persuasive Letter Examples?
Here are some of the reasons why you should make use of the existing templates in this article.
- The sample letters presented in this article are catered for those who need to have their voice heard by people in authority.
- There are seven sample letters. Each of these letters has unique designs, layouts, and tips that can help you write a convincing, professional, and formal persuasive letter.
- Each of these templates can be accessed through this website. You can click on the DOWNLOAD button next to the document.
- There are two versions available: PDF (.pdf) and Word Document (.doc) format. Both formats are easy to work with in terms of editing, storing, ad printing out.
In writing your persuasive letters, you have to make sure that you emphasize the importance of your concern, request, or demand from the recipient in sentences that are straight to the point. Make your letters sound logical and always back up your claims with facts, and be polite toward the reader.
You can also check out Job Application Cover Letters if you are looking for a job. You can use the cover letter to persuade a hiring manager that you are a good fit for the job.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters