They say fund-raisers are not born but made. This saying couldn’t be any more true. Raising funds for any cause can be a disconcerting undertaking, especially if you are a beginner. But fund-raising doesn’t have to be a harrowing experience for first-timers. There are standard procedures and an enormous body of unwritten fund-raising etiquette that anyone who wants to be an effective fundraiser must learn to apply. Logically, fund-raising entails a donee asking a sum or any form of donation from donors and sponsors. In consequence, there is a need for the donee to communicate his or her intent to the prospective donors.
It is for this reason that the most powerful tool for fund-raising is the formal written document called the fund-raising letter. That is why, if you are a rookie fund-raiser or even a wizened one, then you most definitely would find our collection of easily downloadable fund-raising Sample Letters useful. You may edit these samples or these may serve as guides for your fund-raising letter writing. You may scroll down below and select the template that satisfies your fund-raising needs.
Sample Church Fundraising Letter
Fundraising Request Letter in Word
Political Fundraising Letter PDF
Fundraising Appeal Letter Example
Thank You Fundraising Letter
Different Letters for Different Purposes
Just like everything else, there are different steps in the process of fundraising. The most basic are as follows:
- Prospective donee asks for funds from a prospective donor/sponsor
- Sponsor gives donation
- Donee receives donation and utilizes it in the purpose/objective that the donation must be allocated.
- Donee thanks sponsor and assures sponsor that their donation has been appropriately allocated.
Clearly, these varying steps in the fund-raising process requires varying kinds of letters. For the sake of brevity, there are two important kinds of fund-raising letters, and those are
- Appeal for Donation Letters and
- Donation Thank You Letters
Appeal for Donation Letters
The content of this letter may vary depending on the manner in which the fundraiser have decided to appeal for funds.
- Basic appeal for donation – This letter is usually sent when the fund-raiser is not planning to hold an event or give anything to the donor in order to encourage donation. The purpose of this letter is simply to ask for donations and explaining how these donations will benefit an organization, institution, or perhaps the community as a whole.
- Fundraising event invitation letter – This letter is sent when the fund-raiser have decided to organize an event in which services or products are offered to potential donors. This fundraising strategy is effective because (1) potential donors would be more informed of the cause for the donation by personally conversing with the fundraisers and (2) potential donors are more encouraged or induced to make donations since they have benefited from the fundraising event’s products or services.
One basic sample of this type are Event Sponsorship Letters.
Fundraising Cover Letter
Fundraising Invitation Letter
Event Sponsorship Fundraising Letter
Fundraising Letter to Parents
Donation Fundraising Letter
Donation Thank-You Letters
In all circumstances, one needs to express gratitude to another person’s kindness. This ethical rule is even more applicable in the fund-raising setting because of the following reasons:
1. It makes the donor feel that the effort with which he/she has extended in helping an organization is worth it.
2. It manifests the professionalism and transparency of the fund-raisers.
3. It solidifies the donor-donee bond, hence it opens up more possibilities for future donations.
In relation to this, as part of etiquette, a fund-raiser must verify their credibility by sending Donation Receipt Letters to the donors immediately upon reception of the donation.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF