There are times when you come to a point where you will find that there is a need for you to quit becoming a member of a club, a church, or a gym. There are times where there is a need for you to formally end your association with the organization or the club. You can do this by coming up with a membership resignation letter.
In this article, we would like to give you a couple of tips on how you can come up with your very own membership resignation letter. There are also sample resignation letters in PDF that we have included for your convenience. So if you are ready to find out more about membership resignation letters, just keep reading!
Church Membership Resignation Letter Format
Club Membership Resignation Acceptance Letter Sample
Union Membership Resignation Letter
Society’s Membership Resignation Letter
Simple Guidelines for Writing a Membership Resignation Letter
A good sign that you are on your way to success and to a better standing in life is knowing when you should start moving on. By coming up with a good membership resignation letter can help you do just that.
When it comes to writing resignation letters, you want to make sure that you choose your words carefully. Though it might seem that you would like to start ranting about the bad things that you experienced while associated with the club, gym, or organization, it would be a good idea to actually refrain from doing so. Instead, you should focus on the positive aspects of your membership and expound on these things in your resignation letter. Keeping things professional and formal is a good idea. You may also see letters of resignation.
Other tips that we would like to share with you are as follows:
1. Make sure that you keep the format of your membership resignation letter formal. For more information on how you can do this, you can take a look at our Formal Resignation Letter Samples.
2. Make sure that you mention the reason why you are leaving. There is no need for you to give all the details about why there is a need for you to terminate your membership. You can state your reasons in a brief manner; however, you are not obligated to explain in full detail. You may also like sample rude resignation letters.
3. Say thank you. Even if the general experience you had with the organization, club, or gym was an unpleasant one, you still need to show a little bit of gratitude. Again, do not mention any of your bad experiences. Mention some of the good things that you have experience and focus on these aspects instead. You may also check out different types of resignation letters.
4. Read your letter over and over again before you start to turn it in. You want to make sure that it is free from any grammatical errors and that you have corrected all of the misspelled words.
Coming Up with a Membership Resignation Letter
1. Start with a Formal Letterhead
Your letterhead will have the following items:
- Your details such as name, address, and contact details.
- The date when you made the letter.
- The details of the recipient such as name, position, the name of the club/organization, and the complete address. You may also see sample company resignation letters.
2. Keep Your Opening Formal Yet Friendly in Tone
You want to make sure that you sound cordial while being professional at the same time. It can be a bit tricky to do but you will surely get the hang of it. You can simply start it with “Dear” followed by the last name of the recipient.
- Take Note: If you are writing an email resignation letter, you should directly write the opening as the letterhead would be automatically generated once you enter the recipient’s email address.
3. State Your Intention to Resign From Being a Member
Be straight to the point. You want to keep everything as short as possible. You want to also state your intent on resigning in a clear manner. The recipient might think that you are just looking for a counteroffer if you do not state things clearly. For example, if you are resigning from your gym membership and you were not able to state your intent to resign in a clear manner, they might just redirect you to the retention department of the gym and they might give you some counteroffers. You may also like professional resignation letter samples.
4. Reasons for Leaving
This part would be optional. As mentioned earlier, you might want to avoid stating the negative and just focus on the good aspects.
5. Be Thankful
Let them know that you are thankful that they gave you the opportunity to become a member of the club, gym, or organization.
6. Wrap up on a Positive Note.
Do not make them feel like the reason for your resignation is due to their doing. Instead, make them feel that it was your own choice to leave. You may also check out sample manager resignation letters.
Club Membership Resignation Letter
Membership Resignation Letter in PDF
Membership Resignation Letter in Word
Common Format of a Membership Resignation Letter
A membership resignation letter is a formal letter, so it has to follow the formal letter format. The formal letter format would usually consist of the following:
- The letterhead
- Your details
- The date
- Recipient details
- The salutation
- The introduction
- The body of the letter
Common Reason for Resigning a Membership
Some of the most common reasons why a member might want to resign his/her membership might be due to the following reasons:
- The member could no longer afford to pay the membership fee.
- The organization is not following or is not in line with their mission and vision statements anymore.
- Relocation or migrating to a different area.
- The member would like to focus on a certain aspect of his/her life such as work.
Tips for Writing a Membership Resignation Letter
- Be clear with your choice of words. Make sure that certain keywords are included in your letter such as “resignation,” “notice,” and “effective starting.” This will give an aura of sincerity and seriousness to your letter. You may also see employee resignation letter.
- Wish the club, gym, or organization luck. Do not wish anything bad about anything or anyone. Keep your emotions in check and out of the letter. Remember, what goes around comes around. You may also like job resignation letter templates.
- Do not spread false rumors or bad reviews if they are not true.
- Keep it simple, brief, concise, and highly comprehensible. You would really want to avoid any confusion especially since you are resigning from being a member.
- Remain polite. Remember to always make your resignation letters polite.
8+ Nurse Resignation Letter Samples and Templates
7+ Sample Resignation Letter No Notice
Different Types of Resignation Letters and Tips How to Write It
Steps You Need to Take before Sending Your Resignation Letter
Make Your Resignation Letter Polite, Even When You're Not Feeling It.
Quick Tips in Writing a Resignation Letter and What to Do before
How to Leave Your Job Properly and How to Write a Resignation
65+ Sample Resignation Letters
30+ Resignation Letter Examples
10+ Sample Notice Cancellation Letter
8+ Sample Transfer Letter
7+ Sample Company Resignation Letter
5+ Sample Formal Excuse Letter
Tips on How to Resign
Keeping Great Relationships after Quitting Your Job