There are many times in our lives that, due to the circumstances, we may have to take absence from either work or school. This could be because of many different reasons. Whatever the case, it’s always best to inform upper management that you may be putting off work for an extended period of time. The best way to go about this is through a leave letter format.
On this list, you will find 29+ leave letter formats that you can download and use as a formatting guide to help you make a proper leave letter. They can help you secure your career. However, if your planned absence is a more permanent one, then you might be actually looking for a resignation letter. Otherwise, feel free to take a look at what we have for you!
Leave Letter Format for Office Template
Medical Leave Letter from Doctor Template
Sample Emergency Leave Letter Template
Personal Emergency Leave Letter Template
Leave Letter Format Template
Sample Company Leave Letter Template
Free Family Emergency Leave Letter Template
Formal Sick Leave Letter Template
Free Maternity Leave Letter Template
Leave Application Letter Template
Free Vacation Leave Letter for Work Template
Simple Leave Letter Template
Official Leave Letter Template
Free Work From Home Leave Letter Template
Request Letter for Leave Template
Free Leave of Absence Letter for Family Reasons Template
Unpaid Leave of Absence Letter Template
Free Medical Leave Letter for College Template
Medical Leave Letter for School Template
Free Emergency Leave Letter For Family Problem Template
School Leave Letter Formats
School Sick Leave Template
Leave Letter to School Teacher Template
School Leave Letter Format
Sample Maternity Leave Letter Formats
Request for Maternity Leave Template
Employee Maternity Leave Template
Maternity Leave Confirmation Letter Template
Basic Sick Leave Letter Formats
Intra Office Sick Request for Leave Template
Sample Sick Leave Verification Template
Official Leave of Absence Approval Letter Format
Vacation/Leave of Absence Approval Letter Template
Request for Leave or Approved Absence Letter Template
Medical Leave Letter Format
Emergency Medical Leave Letter Template
Family Medical Leave Letter Template
Medical Leave Letter Template
Kinds of Leave Letters That You Will Find on This List
We have grouped different types of leave letter formats for your convenience so that you can find the specific leave letter for your situation. Take a look at what we have to offer and pick one that suits you best:
- School Leave Letter Formats – if you are still in school and you need to leave for whatever reason, then these letter formats are what you need to follow. You can help save your future by making sure that your teachers and the school faculty are well aware you have a good reason to be absent.
- Maternity Leave Letter Formats – for women who are with child, it should already be customary for them to be at home and taking care of themselves. However, it can still be a courtesy to give a leave letter to inform their bosses that this is the reason why they won’t be going to work, even if they already know, and it’s just a formality.
- Sick Leave Letter Formats – those who are sick may not be able to tolerate going to work. Though there are certain jobs that you can still go to work even if you’re sick, some jobs may be too difficult. Filing for a sick leave can help one keep their jobs secured.
- Official Leave of Absence Approval Letter Format – if by any chance you are the one approving of someone’s leave, this is the leave letter format you are looking for.
- Medical Leave Letter Format – this type of leave letter format can be similar to a sick leave. However, a medical leave form can be much more serious, such as one who is in actual need of surgery, or perhaps even that a family member needs medical attention and needs someone to take care of him, then this is the leave letter format you need.
- Vacation Leave Letter Format – if you’re going on a vacation, then it can be a courtesy to inform your company about it with a leave letter pertaining to the occasion sample planning. Many companies allow for vacation leaves. However, it can still be tactful to leave a letter.
- Annual Leave Letter Formats – many companies have a paid annual leave to give to their employees. If you wish to take advantage of yours, you can use these leave letter formatting to help you out.
- Leave Application Letter Formats – this letter format is more for companies who have leave letters of their own to give to their employees, and to an extension, schools who want their students to fill out a sample form if they’re planning on going on a study schedule leave as well.
- Leave Extension Letter Formats – if, by any chance, you’re already on leave and would like to request an extension for leave yourself, then these leave letter format is the one you’re looking for.
- Leave Request Letter Formats – if you want to request letter for a leave politely, then this is the letter format that you want. Leave requests are more or so sent to your boss asking nicely for a leave for whatever reason.
It can be quite reliving to receive a leave from work. When you do, make sure to remember to send a thank-you letter to your boss to tell him how grateful you really are.
Vacation Leave Letter Format
Vacation Leave Template
Vacation Leave Application Letter Template
Annual Leave Letter Formats
Annual Holiday Leave Template
Annual Leave Pay Advance Letter Template
Annual Leave Request Letter Template
Leave Application Letter Formats
Study Leave Application Letter Template
Leave of Absence Request Letter Template
Leave Application Approval Letter Template
Leave of Absence Letter Format
Medical Leave of Absence Letter Template
Leave of Absence Letter from Employer Template
Why Leave Letters Are Important
For many out there, finding jobs can be quite challenging, tasking, and exhausting. Once they secure a job for themselves, it should come normally understandable that they don’t want misunderstandings to happen that can cause them to lose their jobs. You wouldn’t want to come back one day and find out that you no longer have a job, do you?
Leave letters can help you secure your position as well as increase the chances of you getting permission for that leave. Whatever your reason is, submitting in a proper leave letter can help you in the long run and make sure that there’s no hard feelings between you and upper management by making sure that they are well informed as to why you are going to be on leave exactly.
Is It Important to Format Your Leave Letter Properly?
Depending on where you work, business can be quite professional. Employers normally wouldn’t like sloppy formatting, especially if your letter outline has a lot of errors grammar-wise, spelling-wise, etc. If you don’t have the proper format for your leave letter, employers might think twice before giving you that leave.
Proper formatting can help make it easier for upper management review to read your letter. Making sure to get the correct format can help your employers see that you’re really putting some effort into asking them for that leave, meaning you must really have a good reason.
In any case, it’s best to be careful and make sure that you place in proper format for your letter. Don’t worry. It’s not that hard. The formats we have provided will help you do exactly just that. Our website is always here to make sure that you do have the proper format for whatever letter that you make. Take a look at our formal letter formats for more choices!
Leave Extension Letter Formats
Leave of Absence Extension Letter Template
Leave Request Extension Letter Template
Leave Extension Letter in Word
Leave Request Letter Formats
Employee Leave Request Cover Letter Template
Leave Request Letter To Boss Template
Early Maternity Request Leave Letter Template
Tips on Making a Leave Letter
You should really put some thought and effort on the leave letter that you are making. We’re always here to help you make the best of what you need for your career. In order to help you make a leave letter properly, we can give you thoughtful advice that you can take into consideration.
- Always State the Reason Why You Are Leaving – this can come across as quite obvious for all of us. However, it’s always good to have a healthy reminder for this because the reason why you are even leaving in the first place is the first thing your employers are going to consider if it’s worth granting you that leave.
- Balance between Being Professional and Being Polite – for many, this practice can be quite difficult. Depending on who you’re submitting your leave letter to, you can cater your letter exactly to how your workplace behaves itself. If upper management seems distant and strictly professional, then it’s best to keep formal in your letter. If you personally like to socialize with upper project management, then you can take a little leniency toward being casual, but it’s still a good idea to keep a polite distance.
- Review Your Letter at Least Twice before Submitting – one typo error can be rather messy to look at—sort of like a giant zit sticking out of your face. It’s best to clean up and make sure that you got the spelling, grammar, and everything else correct. Reviewing your leave letter can help you clean up before submitting.
Why Should You Use These Leave Letter Formats
It can be quite the asset to have these leave letters at your arsenal. They can really help you increase your chances of getting the leave you are looking for. And since we have a lot of different kinds of leave letter formats available, it will be easier for you to find the one you need. It may just be a guideline, but it can really assist you in creating the proper format and helps you avoid mistakes. And since these are ready-made, it will be easier for you to make a recommendation letter without having to rack your brain on what to write. You just need to edit the templates to your specifications.
Also, our leave letter format samples are available in PDF and DOC format, which are the most common formats and are easily accessible; they are also compatible with most office sample applications and devices, which makes them convenient to use. These file formats are lightweight when it comes to file size, therefore you don’t have to worry about it consuming space.
Another good thing about the leave letter formats we have is that they can easily be downloaded—for free!
We have really tried our best to make things convenient for you. We truly hope that we were able to assist you on your letters. We hope that you stick around for more! We also have more letter writing formats besides the ones we offer above. What are you waiting for? Download now!
FREE 21+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 50+ Demand Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Teacher Resignation Letter Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Steps to Writing a Reference Letter for Immigration [ With Samples ]
FREE 11+ Health Resignation Letter Samples and Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Formal Resignation Letter Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 29+ Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word
FREE 65+ Resignation Letter Templates in MS Word
FREE 49+ Appreciation Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 35+ Letter of Support Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Sample Personal Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Sample Counter Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 46+ Sample Business Letters Formats in PDF | MS Word